Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious question about baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Serious question about baseball

May 11, 2014, 11:48 PM

if DR decides to make a change. I am not saying one way or the other that there should be a change, but if you look at the last 4 years the program has regressed slowly. I haven't looked it up just going from memory in 2011 we hosted a regional and won and then lost at Miss State in the Super. In 2012 we played at Coastal Carolina in the regional and lost at South Carolina in the Super. In 2013 we played at the regional in Columbia and lost to South Carolina. I think this is correct if not someone will correct me, but its close. This year 2014 it's doubtful we will host or even make the regional. That is a steady four year decline and 2015 looks to be even less promising. So my question is who would you like to see take over the program for Jack?

Kevin O'Sullivan? He hasn't been able to keep UF consistant with all the talent in Florida and a system were I think almost all the instate kids get free tuition if they qualify.

Tim Corbin? He has been more consistant than Kevin, but his teams haven't done well in the playoffs. They are pitching heavy just like the teams at Clemson when he was the pitching coach. You have to score runs during playoff to win just ask the Braves.

I can't think of anyone else I am not really sure who else would be a good fit to replace Jack. My concern is we make the change and aren't able to upgrade from what we have now. Well would love to see what other people think about who could come in and elevate the program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may get good answers on the baseball board***

May 11, 2014, 11:52 PM

Re: You may get good answers on the baseball board***

May 11, 2014, 11:55 PM

May also save time to read down the board...

Re: You may get good answers on the baseball board

May 12, 2014, 7:36 AM [ in reply to You may get good answers on the baseball board*** ]

Good luck with that. People here thought we were just young last year and would be great this year. So that is the audience you're asking this of. They don't know nearly as much baseball as the talk like they do

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious question about baseball

May 11, 2014, 11:54 PM

2011 we hosted a regional and lost to UCONN failing to make any super regional, 2012 and 2013 we played in the Columbia regional and failed to make it to the supers

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Got booted by Liberty in 2013 in the Columbia regional.***

May 12, 2014, 10:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Serious question about baseball

May 12, 2014, 7:12 AM

No one has ever looked at any of Jack's teams and said "that is a well coached team" or those guys "are heady players". Leggett is an awful in-game manager. If this were the majors, he would have been let go earlier this season. Missing me some Steinbrenner at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corbin was never the pitching coach at Clemson

May 12, 2014, 8:40 AM

he was recruiting coord.
Don't think Sully would be the answer. Maybe Corbin, but I would't think so.

Re: Corbin was never the pitching coach at Clemson

May 12, 2014, 8:42 AM

jack is going nowhere. he needs to hire john palowski the day after the season is over. outstanding pitching coach and former tiger.

Im not saying that a firing is the answer...

May 12, 2014, 10:01 AM

but running off the pitching coach is a song we have heard before right??

Re: Im not saying that a firing is the answer...

May 12, 2014, 10:04 AM

what pitching coach did we run off.

Re: Nae, we don't want anyone that is vaguely associated

May 12, 2014, 10:54 AM

with Leggett. Make a clean sweep and go on.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic