Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Top 10 guard has Clemson in top two
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Top 10 guard has Clemson in top two

May 7, 2012, 1:33 PM

Top 10 guard has Clemson in top two

Austin Droogsma is a 6-3, 305-pound Gulf Breeze (FL) standout that says Clemson feels like home to him. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take 10 more of these rather than a another WR or

May 7, 2012, 1:38 PM

skill player..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Re: I'll take 10 more of these rather than a another WR or

May 7, 2012, 2:01 PM

well they are all necessary but we got gaurds we need some tackles

May 7, 2012, 2:34 PM

We have had guards that would not, or could not, be depended on to get that yard when we needed it. I want guys on the line who say, "get behind me, and I'll get you that yard." I want them at tackle, guard and center. That has been missing for too long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2012, 3:02 PM

well honestly we dont know what the young gaurds will do cause we havent seen them in a game...beasley,shatley,davis,and even region arent softies at all...and I really like what I saw from destefano...I think what we have is better,but we still have to continue to find more

May 7, 2012, 5:12 PM

Absolutely agree, but I am just saying, IMO, we will be no worse at the OL positions across the board than we have been for a long time, and I believe we probably will be better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2012, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll take 10 more of these rather than a another WR or ]

Really?? Have you seen Region lately?

May 7, 2012, 9:49 PM

he may have a big gut...but he doesnt play soft...

May 8, 2012, 11:01 AM

Agreed! I watched him a lot in the Spring game, and he is pretty effective. He does need to shed 30 lbs or so, but he could be very good, if he gets that weight down.

May 8, 2012, 11:05 AM

It amazes me how he let himself get like that knowing...he was going to college to play football....I would make him pay pasrt of his tuition til he got his weight under control if I was dabo

May 10, 2012, 7:50 AM

Don't believe Dabo can make that requirement a part of his scholarship, however he could require that he report at a certain weight and take the scholarship back if he did not meet the demand. That would be like spurlid, and Dabo won't do it. I do wish he would get on a very strict weight training and diet program geared to weight loss. I do believe that is why Alabama backed away from him. It is a shame for him and for us because he has so much potential.

Agreed but hearing 1 OL this cycle.***

May 7, 2012, 7:31 PM [ in reply to I'll take 10 more of these rather than a another WR or ]

Re: Agreed but hearing 1 OL this cycle.***

May 8, 2012, 11:06 AM

I think its 1 OT and 2 interior guys...what bartow said awhile back....I know they are only taking 1 dt(why i cant understand)

Re: Agreed but hearing 1 OL this cycle.***

May 10, 2012, 7:54 AM

I believe that many DE's gain enough weight to become inside guys, and they get too big and lose the quickness to be DE's. That may be the reason.

Re: Front Page Story: Top 10 guard has Clemson in top two

May 7, 2012, 1:55 PM

Amen.

Add Orlando Brown, Tyrone Crowder, and the "Finisher".

Serious question...

May 7, 2012, 2:25 PM

Can someone tell me the big skill differences between an offensive Guard and an offensive Tackle and why it is not a somewhat interchangeable position?

I'm simply not that versed on the O-line side of the equation to really see why a solid O-line athlete couldn't fairly easily switch to another position. To me, it seems like they both need the same heft, the muscle, and the footwork prowess to be effective.

What am I missing?

Here's a link

May 7, 2012, 2:29 PM

I know many don't like STS but this article is objective and simply states the facts about the OL. It's a good read.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/4/30/2985335/offensive-line-positions-and-basics

That was a good Article man, thanks!***

May 7, 2012, 2:46 PM

Thanks! Very helpful.***

May 8, 2012, 12:59 AM [ in reply to Here's a link ]

Re: Serious question...

May 7, 2012, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Serious question... ]

It really boils down to athleticism and length...typically your tackles need to be better at bending and possess quicker feet. Tackles are usually on their own when it comes to pass pro and run blocking...and they are up against much quicker Defenders

May 7, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Serious question... ]

Tackles are typically taller, have longer arms and quicker feet to aid in pass blocking and protecting the QB. Guards usually are a little shorter and should be better run blockers. Sometimes they do interchange. That is my take on it in today's game.

May 7, 2012, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Serious question... ]

player development.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic