Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson vs Georgia #1 most expensive ticket
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson vs Georgia #1 most expensive ticket

Jun 17, 2013, 10:21 AM

Clemson vs Georgia #1 most expensive ticket

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great, guess my wife, my parents, and I won't be going***

Jun 17, 2013, 10:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I may go, tailgate and watch it on a TV.***

Jun 17, 2013, 10:27 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

know anyone w/a gently used generator?***

Jun 17, 2013, 10:36 AM

There will be thousands to choose from.***

Jun 17, 2013, 10:44 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Free market really annoys some people.***

Jun 17, 2013, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Great, guess my wife, my parents, and I won't be going*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Yea, I love the free market of people intentionally buying

Jun 17, 2013, 11:19 AM

as many extra tickets as they can just to turn around and sell them at the highest price they can to anyone that's willing to pay that much for them. I love that companies are allowed to own season tickets and buy 10+ season tickets to turn around and sell them for the prices we're seeing. I love seeing Clemson season ticket holders turning such a tremendous profit they don't care if they're selling to Clemson fans or to opposing teams' fans.

I love being an honest Clemson graduate with a pretty tight budget and not being able to afford to go to games that I would be standing on my feet, yelling on every down, not leaving at halftime, and singing my alma-mater at the end of the game, win or lose. But you're right, it's the free market that really bothers me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh oh....fight!***

Jun 17, 2013, 11:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

i got a jackson says the soccer kid flops...

Jun 17, 2013, 11:27 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well

Jun 17, 2013, 11:48 AM

duh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You disappeared for a while. Figured you were on

Jun 17, 2013, 11:57 AM [ in reply to i got a jackson says the soccer kid flops... ]

Crumpcation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's hard to be brilliant in 2 places at once...

Jun 17, 2013, 12:01 PM

sometimes.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and wearing

Jun 17, 2013, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Yea, I love the free market of people intentionally buying ]

purple! ;)

Fight the machine man, burn something. That'll fix it.***

Jun 17, 2013, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Yea, I love the free market of people intentionally buying ]

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

You're right. We should let the government decide

Jun 17, 2013, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Yea, I love the free market of people intentionally buying ]

what a fair price is for sporting event so everyone in America can afford the ticket. Like, $1.00 per ticket. Then, we should tax all the people who don't care about football to subsidize the cost of the program. Since there will be 1-2 million people wanting to go to each game and only 81,000 seats, we institute a lottery system, to be fair, so each person gets to attend 1 game every 2 years. Too bad if yours is the Furman game. Don't worry, you'll get another shot in 2 more years.

Would this be better?

No, a better method would be to not allow people

Jun 17, 2013, 12:49 PM

to purchase extra tickets for the sole purpose of reselling...as I clearly said in my post.

Serious question ... how could you determine this?***

Jun 17, 2013, 1:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

What do you mean? We'd just go on the honor system.

Jun 17, 2013, 1:07 PM

"These tickets are only for your use. You promise not to resell them, especially for more than face value, OK?"

Great concept but not sure how you would monitor/police this.

Bet Obama and NSA could give us a few hints ...***

Jun 17, 2013, 1:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

What happened to people being kind and not

Jun 17, 2013, 3:32 PM [ in reply to You're right. We should let the government decide ]

trying to get every last penny out of each other.

Isn't ticket scalping illegal in SC?***

Jun 18, 2013, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Yea, I love the free market of people intentionally buying ]

Oh come on. There's 1-2 games a year where selling a ticket

Jun 21, 2013, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Yea, I love the free market of people intentionally buying ]

is actually profitable, and there's probably only a small % of people actually doing it. If everyone was selling their tickets for profit they wouldn't be $200+

Re: I may go, tailgate and watch it on a TV.***

Jun 17, 2013, 10:31 AM

That's what I'm gonna do as well. As long as I'm in Clemson, it is all that matters. GO TIGERS!!!!! BEAT THE DAWGS!!!!!

Most expensive ticket "per StubHub"***

Jun 17, 2013, 10:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Most expensive ticket "per StubHub"***

Jun 17, 2013, 11:09 AM

They are cheaper if you buy season tickets.

StubHub is a good source for tickets....

Jun 17, 2013, 11:59 AM

if price isn't a primary consideration for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think some missed that point.

Jun 17, 2013, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Most expensive ticket "per StubHub"*** ]

Worried about the quality of folks our beloved school is cranking out...

Re: Football Update: Clemson vs Georgia #1 most expensive ticket

Jun 17, 2013, 10:47 AM

That number is only going up by gameday. I was in Columbia for the UGA USC game last year and Stub Hub had tickets listed for up to 500 per ticket. this one may surpass that

the close proximity and both teams being in the top 10 will easily make this the loudest game ever in Death Valley. I say that due to what I witnessed in Columbia last year.

There are big games every year but rarely in SC or Ga are there 2 top 10 teams playing each other.

Bama went down as a #1 in Columbia and it wasn't as loud as it was when UGA was there last year. I've been to highly ranked Fla St games in Clemson as well but the atmosphere in Aug in Clemson this year will be electric and something many have never seen or heard before in the Valley.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2013, 11:00 AM

Clemson really knows how to stiff shaft the public when it comes to ticket prices. My first Clemson ticket cost me $8.00 in the 70's. Since then prices have gone up to where many former attendee's can't afford to go to the games to see it live. College games in general are becoming/have become only for the rich. It used to be just a game, now it has evolved into a very lucrative commercial profit, line-my-pockets cash generator.

Jun 17, 2013, 11:18 AM

Far be it from me to defend Clemson's ticket prices (which I usually complain long and loud about), but we have relatively cheap tickets compared to other top-tier football programs around the country.

Jun 17, 2013, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson vs Georgia #1 most expensive ticket ]

Accounting for inflation, that $8 ticket would cost $46.66 in 2012. The average face value of tickets at Clemson games last year was $52.14, meaning the real rise of ticket prices in 40 years has been 11.75%...not exactly a huge difference.

I too get annoyed with the amount of power the secondary ticket market is getting though. It has its place, but it's getting a little out of hand IMO.

Anybody remember how much those first Bowden Bowl

Jun 17, 2013, 10:56 AM

tickets were going for? We put 86,000 in the stadium but I heard there was more like over 90,000 to 95,000 in town for that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I paid $90 (each) for 4 tix to the SCar game last year.

Jun 17, 2013, 11:48 AM

Most I've ever paid and we paid that much to buy earlier on for convenience.

Many big/sold out type games you can get them close to face an hour before kickoff. Will be the same here.

Re: Anybody remember how much those first Bowden Bowl

Jun 17, 2013, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Anybody remember how much those first Bowden Bowl ]

I paid $50 a piece, in the west endzone stands. Of course I got mine on gameday walking around campus/downtown.

$237 for cheapest seats, LOL. There will be plenty of

Jun 17, 2013, 11:26 AM

of tickets for less than $100 for hot, humid, game on TV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8pm kick, won't be that hot and humid.***

Jun 17, 2013, 11:36 AM

To his point, tix will be sub $100 come kickoff.***

Jun 17, 2013, 11:46 AM

It may not be as hot, but I will bet it is humid. Which in

Jun 17, 2013, 1:04 PM [ in reply to 8pm kick, won't be that hot and humid.*** ]

turn make it uncomfortable.

Thank god I'm a student

Jun 17, 2013, 12:00 PM

:D

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

No kidding, getting in line early for these tickets...***

Jun 17, 2013, 12:04 PM

I Wish they'd give me $237.00 to buy a ticket and tell me

Jun 17, 2013, 12:09 PM

to keep the rest, I'd buy two tix to the game and we could run up a BIG tab at the Esso Club afterwards to celebrate the victory!!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy solution...

Jun 17, 2013, 1:38 PM

Save up your tax returns and buy season tickets. It's an 80% tax free donation and those tickets you can't sell, put em on stubhub. Fairly simple if you ask me...

Tickets aren't tax deductible... just 80% of IPTAY***

Jun 17, 2013, 1:58 PM

The price being asked on ticket broker sites is NOT

Jun 17, 2013, 3:13 PM

a good way to judge the price you'll have to pay outside the gate at Death Valley. If anything, I've found that the high online prices scare away a lot of potential game day buyers. So, tickets are relatively inexpensive close to game time.

Re: Tickets aren't tax deductible... just 80% of IPTAY***

Jun 17, 2013, 4:18 PM

Negative. You're paying for the seat preferential which is 80% tax deductible.

Re: Tickets aren't tax deductible... just 80% of IPTAY***

Jun 17, 2013, 6:26 PM

What sux is paying your IPTAY going to all the home games even the nobody games staying till the end and never leaving early. Is to have to sit beside some DUMB ACE fan from the other team sitting beside me on the big games because the IPTAY member next to me can't really afford his IPTAY and he sales the seats and his parking pass for enough to pay it again next year. We should be allowed to go to the IPTAY office turn them in and then they have to claim that ticket as income and lose that 80% tax deduction. Last year dand near a fight in the parking lots and game for USCjr

The IPTAY donation is deductible. The amount paid for the

Jun 18, 2013, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Tickets aren't tax deductible... just 80% of IPTAY*** ]

season ticket (however many you buy) is not deductible even if you do not go to the games.

Re: Re: Football Update: Clemson vs Georgia #1 most expensive ticket

Jun 21, 2013, 8:55 AM

It isn't Clemson its the ticket reseller sites. I paid $350 for 2 tickets for the 2011 ACCCG and low & behold the name on the ticket was something like Yuri Coliczhkeva. Ticketmaster should block crap like that. I sat in front of my PC for an hour waiting for tickets to go on sale. Sold out before I could refresh the page!

I got two outside the stadium at kickoff for less than face.

Jun 21, 2013, 9:00 AM

Missed a few minutes of the game, but i got in just in time to see DA score the opening TD.

Re: Serious question ... how could you determine this?***

Jun 21, 2013, 9:08 AM

For one limit ticket purchases for each IP if using a site like Ticketmaster. It still wouldn't stop the russians or other countries as they'd have many computers ready and waiting via a proxy or similar. It is already clear that they create programs to buy up all the tickets in a second or two. There has to be someone smart enough to slow it down a little. It was clearly evident during the initial sell of 2011 ACCCG tickets and a huge part of the reason the 2011 ACCG tickets were going dirt cheap. If they could use an unknown rule each year like ticket # per login name. They'd still beat the system somehow though

Re: Isn't ticket scalping illegal in SC?***

Jun 21, 2013, 9:10 AM

They sell an ink pen with one free ticket. That's how they legally do it

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic