Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious concern about Sammy: the pills.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Serious concern about Sammy: the pills.

May 5, 2012, 6:19 AM

I have not had time to follow this closely, but the police said he had a small amount of weed and 2 pills that were not rx'd to him.

The marijuana, while a young person's mistake, does not bother me. Punish him fittingly and move on.

However, as a mental health professional, the pills cause me concern. The two likely candidates are pain pills (big problem) or benzos (even bigger problem). I sincerely hope for this young man's sake that he does not have a problem with pills.

Has any more been said on the nature of the pills?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they were aderral and some other..

May 5, 2012, 6:25 AM

Adhd drug. A lot of college kids take these during exams so I don't think its an addiction problem. The biggest concern is Adhd drugs are banned by ncaa unless you have gotten an exemption from them for having a prescription.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks. Relieved to know it was nothing worse.***

May 5, 2012, 6:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: thanks. Relieved to know it was nothing worse.***

May 5, 2012, 11:15 AM

I hope the cops who arrested him are fired!

Re: thanks. Relieved to know it was nothing worse.***

May 5, 2012, 12:17 PM

For doing their jobs?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: they were aderral and some other..

May 5, 2012, 8:02 AM [ in reply to they were aderral and some other.. ]

If he had pain pills without a prescription, he wouldnt be out of the jail that easy. Now that being said, I bet you could go through any football lockeroom in this country and find players with loratabs or percosets(legally precribed), its a violent game and most will need something to ease the pain. It can become an issue if it gets abused and starts to move to the harder stuff like roxis or oxy contin.

Nevermind. Answered my own question by reading police report

May 5, 2012, 6:29 AM

Adderall and Vyvanse - ADHD drugs. Could be worse. Much worse.

Here's to Sammy learning from this and being a model citizen for the rest of his career at Clemson.

Oh. And full disclosure. It's only by the grace of God that APM didn't get busted for the chronic back in the day. No judgmental attitudes here.

Re: Nevermind. Answered my own question by reading police report

May 5, 2012, 9:57 AM

amazing what happens when you know the actual details before posting huh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCAA

May 5, 2012, 7:26 AM

Some people are just trying to make a big deal of this. Yes the NCAA considers ADHD drugs illegal, but judging by the police report he was only booked as possession. That means he was not drug tested and that we in no way can prove he has taken the drugs. Also he had 2 pills in his possession not a bottle, no one can infer this is a regular occurance if he only has 2.

null

Exam week

May 5, 2012, 8:01 AM

It was the last day of exam week. I would be willing to bet you that at least 75% of the students at Clemson either took at least one or had in their possession one of those types of pills. Most college students use them to study with.

Highly doubt 75% of college kids

May 5, 2012, 8:49 AM

At Clemson are taking illegal drugs. Heck I'm not even sure 75% of students do anything including go to football games. Now perhaps you make/made a habit of taking pills but your broad brush strokes are painting way outside the lines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exam week

May 5, 2012, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Exam week ]

I call bull. Number one, there's no way you could possibly verify that number. Number two, 75% is a huge percentage. You're talking something like 9000 undergraduates and that's ridiculous. Now if you'd said 10% or maybe 20%, that I could possibly believe. Try not to go all hyperbolic on us though.

I'd say at Duke/Medical Schools you'd see close to 50%

May 5, 2012, 9:33 AM

taking adderrol during exams.

I doubt Clemson has but 20-30%. I could easily see 1 of every 4 students taking at least 1 during exam times.

Re: Serious concern about Sammy: the pills.

May 5, 2012, 9:53 AM

I really think you could arrest about half of cooper for using adderall

Re: Serious concern about Sammy: the pills.

May 5, 2012, 11:44 AM

The pills were apparently today's version of what we used to call "beans." if that's all it was,no big deal at all. "I know some people" who took a bunch of them back in the 70s .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the pills actually were

May 5, 2012, 12:32 PM

I am a recently retired pharmacist. Sammy had one Adderall tablet and one Vyvance tablet on his person when arrested. Both these drugs are amphetamines that are used almost exclusively to treat ADD/HD (attention deficite disorder / hyperactivity disorder. They are used by college kids to stay awake to cram for final exams. I used similar drugs for that purpose when I was in school. At that time, before ADD/HD was even a recognized disease, they were used as appetite suppressors for weight loss ... and were not Controlled Substances as they are today.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic