Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious Question - How many of you left the game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Serious Question - How many of you left the game

Oct 17, 2016, 5:08 PM

or TV before the field goal try? I will admit to praying but I was still in my seat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Serious Question - How many of you left the game

Oct 17, 2016, 5:12 PM

I walked away from watch espn and listened to the radio came back after Don said it was wide right and watched it because watch espn was a few minutes behind live.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not me...

Oct 17, 2016, 5:14 PM

It was hard to watch, but I saw it go wide right!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was yelling "The long snapper, holder, or kicker are going

Oct 17, 2016, 5:15 PM

to choke in front of 85,000 people!" - literally. I was right and was sitting in my seat in DV.

You're welcome Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank God you were there!***

Oct 17, 2016, 5:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 17, 2016, 5:16 PM

I left the TV and went to a beer festival when NC State got in field goal range. Kept checking my phone waiting to see the score change to NC STATE 20 Clem 17. When the quarter changed to from "4th' to "OT" I was elated.

For the first time EVER at a Clemson game....

Oct 17, 2016, 5:44 PM

My head has between my knees and I closed my eyed ad HARD as I could. I envisioned the kick going wide right. I heard the roar around me. I believed!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the first time EVER at a Clemson game....

Oct 17, 2016, 5:45 PM

My head has between my knees and I closed my eyes as HARD as I could. I envisioned the kick going wide right. I heard the roar around me. I believed!

Oct 17, 2016, 5:57 PM

I stayed and yelled as loud as I could to try to cause another false start or spook the kicker.

A fan in my section..approximately section N, row E, seat 11 did leave. He was the most obnoxious Clemson fan I've ever been around. Rude to the nice NCSU fans around us and making fun of player's name claiming he was Muslim and not American.

Anyway, right after State made their final 1st down on that very painful drive, he proclaimed "game over! I'm not staying for this!"

So glad he left because once his bad mojo was gone, a kick went wide right, OT went wonderfully and the Tigers were 7-0.

He sounded like a coot fan in disguise with his behavior. Glad he wasn't there to celebrate the win.

Never considered leaving DV for a second!

Oct 17, 2016, 6:03 PM

You could feel the barometric pressure change in the stadium when every Tiger fan breathed a sigh of relief!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 6:10 PM

I watched. As soon as the kicker took, and made the practice kick, I knew he would miss the real one! I was sure.

However, I must admit that I left the tv for part of the Louisville game as I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

No way! South Carolina motto: Dum Spiro Spero...

Oct 17, 2016, 6:31 PM

"While I breathe, I hope..."

As I posted earlier, I was on the North side and yelled so loud that it caused a freak wind gust and blew the ball to the right. Don't ask me why, but just like in the Louisville game, I just didn't believe that we would lose. Never mind the facts and the odds, I did NOT believe that we were going to lose that ballgame. And in my 60th year of attending Clemson football games, I was right... TWICE!

... and the Tigers' roar DID echo, o'er the mountain height!

Go Tigers! Tigers forever!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was about to cry but stayed in my seat sec k

Oct 17, 2016, 6:34 PM

So obviusly I was off to side. Just saw the sec behind go nuts. Everyone around me stayed as well, I was very shocked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 6:36 PM

Moved to the Hill in 2nd half. Great view of missed FG and OT!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Not me....i was on the hill to the left....even saw me on TV

Oct 17, 2016, 6:42 PM

once I got home!

why would you leave Death Valley?***

Oct 17, 2016, 6:44 PM

IDK but a lot of people did.***

Oct 17, 2016, 8:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 17, 2016, 6:46 PM

I watched on TV and knew it would be wide right. I have the power. LOL

before the kick my hope grew

Oct 17, 2016, 7:05 PM

During the drive I was feeling purely defeated but somehow I got more hopeful as the kick approached. The instant he kicked it you could see it was going wide. No chance. And there was no way we were going to lose at that point.

I herded me and my 3 kids out right before the FG.

Oct 17, 2016, 7:09 PM

Figured we'd get a jump on the crowd leaving.

Regerts ... yeah!

But hugged a lot of displaced fans in the parking lot after the win. Was still fun ... just not as fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 7:20 PM

Stood, screamed, clapped and watched the students on the hill. When I saw the people on the south side start to jump up and cheer, I went crazy!

At home with antennae and ABC broadcast, I was

Oct 17, 2016, 7:56 PM

conjuring an old PBS series I remember being on as a kid called "Flambards" and taunting Kyle Bambard with what I remembered from the theme. It's a little whistlier and snappy than I remember...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHIk2eeXjBg

I felt Wilkins would be there, or someone, hopefully, and loved the late kick after Dabo's timeout almost taking out the ref... thought there was better mojo waiting on the next play (but I think that way on most things).

I had also switched gears late to Jager from the earlier hurricanes and downed a 4th dog on State's last drive. I believe I also changed shirts but details are a bit sketchy around then.

It's the big moments great or lousy that stand out - and I don't want to miss too many of those either way.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 8:04 PM

I thought you were going somewhere else with this, guess I am the only one who soiled my undies

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 8:04 PM

The helicopter covering the game told on you. After he missed the kick you could see fans running up the North Stands upper deck ramp, back into the staduim.

Oct 17, 2016, 8:10 PM

Did not leave...never, never, ever give up.

Still in my seat but feeling very nauseous!*

Oct 17, 2016, 8:16 PM

Nm

I was there and saw it go wide right!!!!***

Oct 17, 2016, 8:48 PM

Oct 17, 2016, 8:51 PM

I have never left...I have a deal...as long as the team is on the field, I am in my seats ... with my wife (if she makes the game..she works every other Saturday)and daughter

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here. I couldn't leave because I couldn't move until

Oct 17, 2016, 8:53 PM

the game was over.

Oct 17, 2016, 9:07 PM

I watched on TV assuming he was going to make it and our season is over. Once I saw it turn right I jumped like a little kid.

I was at a gamecock household.

Oct 17, 2016, 9:28 PM

Birthday party for a little cousin.

They were all quite pleased. Making fun of all the lugubrious Clemson fans in the stands.

I started walking into the kitchen thinking really? Is this really happening? I turn to the tv and see that Dabo was probably thinking the same thing. Couldn't believe it, it was kind of like a dream. Pleased gamecocks all around me.

And then the kick... incredible. It was incredible. I felt that fate just paid a visit to Clemson.

And I was a happy boy in my Clemson shirt.

Oct 17, 2016, 9:38 PM

Standing up at my seat thinking that crap NCSU is going to beat us with a field goal, but hoping that Wilkins would get another blocked kick. Emotions went from very low to very high from the missed kick and even higher at the end of OT.

Oct 17, 2016, 9:40 PM

I had my doubts, but I never left the tv. Watched till the very end.

Oct 17, 2016, 10:13 PM

I left the stadium just before the kick. I just didn't want to watch them lose. I didn't want to see it. I heard the crowd roar from the street and it was the best sound I have ever heard. Watched OT on a TV in the parking lot. TV was 35 seconds behind so the crowd noise was always giving away the outcome of each play before the snap. It was like an out of body experience watching and listing like that. I will never forget it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 10:37 PM

My lady kept saying that I needed to have faith, that something was going to happen and he wouldn't make it. I was actually irritated and condescending towards her. From our vantage point, the kick looked good. She told me they missed it but I didn't believe her. I'm sorry baby! Don't worry, I'll hear about it the rest of my life.

I made my kids stop what they were doing and come watch

Oct 17, 2016, 10:41 PM

They're only 8 and they're used to Clemson beating everyone. I wanted them to see us bring it down to the wire and see what it's like if we lose. I did tell them "We have a chance to block it or he can miss it, boys."

When he missed the FG one of my kids said that I was so loud that I scared him haha.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic