Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Senior Citizen at Walmart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Senior Citizen at Walmart

Apr 7, 2020, 5:56 PM

Being a senior citizens my wife and I thought we would take advantage of Walmart's early hour shopping on Tuesdays from 6:00am to 7:00am. Got to the Seneca Walmart a little before 6:00am. Made it inside hoping to find some essentials, toilet paper, disinfectant sprays, etc. You would have thought that closing at 8:30pm their would be some important items stocked during the night. But noooooo. Nothing on the shelves. But hey they did have more Cashiers available than during rush hour.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Senior Citizen at Walmart

Apr 7, 2020, 6:04 PM

I know, I went last week... Here in Lexington hoping the same thing and no luck. Hint, if you're short on tp, all the dollar General around here have kept it in stock, but you might have to ask.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 6:29 PM

In side of all stores I've been in, they look as if they were having a going out of business sale. I guess our Truck Drivers are letting us down, or factories have shut down and are not loading out any freight to be delivered!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 6:42 PM

My guess is that stores as buying as much TP as they can store in their inventory area. TP comes in big boxes and takes up a lot of space. I read a report from Georgia Pacific that said they had increased production to 125% of normal. So, basically, people are buying TP faster than they can make it. Otherwise, I think you'd probably see 4-5 Walmart trucks in their parking lot selling nothing by TP 24/7.

On interesting aside, the rush on chicken a few weeks ago has caused a massive stockpile of chicken, sinking the chicken market by 20%. Basically, everybody bought too much of a perishable item and now can't buy anymore. If TP had a 2 week shelf life before going bad, we wouldn't be in this TP shortage predicament.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 7:00 PM

My mom, at 73 years old, submitted an online pickup order for well over $100 worth of stuff from Walmart a couple of days ago. When she arrived for the pickup, they told her they only had $15 worth of the stuff from her order in stock and she would have to come inside to get it since the order was now under $30. She told them no thanks, cancel it, and she went back home.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 7:07 PM

The last I heard, WalMart was not having a limit on anything you bought so that is why there is a shortage. Selfish people are filling their buggies up with essentials and others having nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic