Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Really odd how the clock at the other end of the court was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Really odd how the clock at the other end of the court was

Mar 8, 2014, 9:16 PM

not synchronized. Just don't understand how that happens and how you would not go by the backboard where the guy was shooting?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really odd how the clock at the other end of the court was

Mar 8, 2014, 9:30 PM

they were just bailing themselves out on the call with that BS.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was shooting at one end, but looking at the clock on the

Mar 8, 2014, 9:32 PM

Other end via its reflection in the backboard? Why do you think he went up and down before he shot? He was trying to process this information. Have you ever watched a basketball game before?

Sorry for the sarcasm. You made a great point...so great that I couldn't resist replying. +1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

has nothing to do with the 'other' clock

Mar 8, 2014, 9:32 PM

It's a video of a clock. The only thing synced to the release of the shot is the exact same frame. No excuse. At any point we can tweak delay of a video and say, see we don't have synced clocks. Pathetic.

Re: has nothing to do with the 'other' clock

Mar 8, 2014, 10:58 PM

If they can prove the clocks are synced file a protest or at least take to the rules committee. Either way something is wrong. Fix the clocks or fix the rule. If you throw the ball past mid court at the end of regulation with 2.1 (or 2.2) seconds left it's a non-issue. Last play was blown by Tigers.

The clock doesn't start until the ball is touched...

Mar 8, 2014, 11:07 PM

So if you just randomly toss it to mid court without a player open either one of two things will happen: a. the other team steals it and calls a timeout, or b. the ball goes out of bounds and no time goes off the clock.

"fix the rule"...

Mar 8, 2014, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: has nothing to do with the 'other' clock ]

The refs said it was a judgement call. Are you sure there's a rule?

Mar 8, 2014, 10:14 PM

Honestly let's take a look at how they got that shot off...

We messed up on an inbounds play. We catch that ball on the last inbounds and we win. Not the "clock's fault" or the refs fault either.

Roper was fouled on the inbound play….

Mar 8, 2014, 10:44 PM

the pitt player did an up and down before he shot the ball, which is a walk. The shot didn't leave his hand until time expired. Add the fact that pitt was pushing, shoving, and tackling the whole second half and pitt's coach Jamie Dixon was on the court the whole game. And yes you can blame it on the refs.

I believe you are Jordan Roper... if so

Mar 8, 2014, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Really odd how the clock at the other end of the court was ]

nice job tonight shooting the ball

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Seems to be pretty straightforward. How it happened that the

Mar 8, 2014, 10:29 PM

clocks were 0.1 different is something that will need to be answered by Clemson, but the fact the refs say they made a judgment call and interpreted the shot to be good based on the clock on the other side of the court, that's ridiculous. I don't know if our admin has any say in the matter, be we cannot just let this lie if we can help it. If nothing else, a rule will need to be written to make sure the clock on the play end of the court is the governing clock. Seems clear and shouldn't be an issue, but these refs have hosed this issue with an incredible amount on the line. They should not have that power.

When has our AD stood up against the ACC?...

Mar 8, 2014, 10:45 PM

Never.

We have a new AD who wants to win at all sports including

Mar 8, 2014, 10:46 PM

basketball. Let's not toss our own under the bus.

Not tossing him, just saying it would be a first if our AD..

Mar 8, 2014, 11:02 PM

stood up for the basketball program. If he wants to win then he will raise h e l l about this, and call for the swift removal of John Swofford.

Re: Seems to be pretty straightforward. How it happened that the

Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Seems to be pretty straightforward. How it happened that the ]

The clocks on the court were synced. The televised clock was not. Apparently no one listens or reads very well.

Mar 8, 2014, 10:53 PM

So much went wrong it's embarrassing for all but how does an engineering school with so much technical abilities and skills have clocks with .1 second separation?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic