Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seems like Zamir was going to Georgia all along. Looks like
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Seems like Zamir was going to Georgia all along. Looks like

Jul 1, 2017, 12:53 PM

We really wanted Master Teague. I don't know how it all went down, but would have been nice for Zamir to tell us to move on and we could have gotten Teague before he committed to Ohio state. Anyone else see it this way or am I off the mark?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like Zamir was going to Georgia all along. Looks like

Jul 1, 2017, 1:00 PM

I would've told him if we don't have a commit from you, then we're recruiting other backs. Sucks to let a kid handicap your recruiting...but Clemson did it to themselves. Not Zamirs fault.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2017, 1:52 PM

Who cares. Do you think Clemson will never get another back? Besides we're loaded

Jul 1, 2017, 8:23 PM

I think we're fine at RB personally. Zamir was just have been some very sweet icing on the cake...

Jul 1, 2017, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Seems like Zamir was going to Georgia all along. Looks like ]

Absolutely!

Jul 1, 2017, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Seems like Zamir was going to Georgia all along. Looks like ]

Is it Zamir's fault that he trolled us twice with the steering wheel shots, or did we do that to ourselves too?
Zamir must have led the staff along pretty strongly.

Jul 1, 2017, 8:22 PM

Trolled? How is that trolling? He probably has a bunch of swag from different programs he visited. I probably would too. Wasn't he wearing an OSU hat at one point? Plus it's not like it was a blatant picture of Clemson on his steering wheel...some eagle eyed viewer spotted it.

People that think like you need to grow up. You sound like a 13 year old girl who saw her boyfriend hug another girl. Zamir owes you (and Clemson) nothing. Do you think every program and fan base feels trolled when a recruit puts their hat on the table? Even IF he did it on purpose, he probably just wanted his 15 minutes of fame and some suspense around his commitment. My comment stands, Clemson tied their own hands behind their back...it's stupid to blame a kid who chose another school than you would have.

You post oozes entitlement...

Jul 1, 2017, 1:07 PM

RB was not a priority this year and White was seen as the only "must have" RB in the class. Part of the deal was not recruiting others and ultimately the RB depth already on campus kept him away.

What has changed is losing 1 RB to transfer so now there is a slot to fill.

Jul 1, 2017, 3:23 PM

"RB was not a priority this year ..." - I thought this too, but that does not explain the sudden offers to other RB's? It appears that we either have a huge need at RB, or RB was indeed a priority this year. I certainly have the confuse.

You don't offer somebody just because of need

Jul 1, 2017, 1:16 PM

This is not the NFL. The staff feels very comfortable with the backs on our roster and with some other guys that can play some RB. White is the only elite RB this cycle. So if they don't get White and instead get an extra elite RB next cycle, that will be awesome. Teague is very good and I'll be happy to have him. But he is not going to elevate the RB room.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: You don't offer somebody just because of need

Jul 1, 2017, 1:21 PM

Maybe you are missing the point of my post. The point was we were not going to get White and could have had Teague before he committed to somewhere else. They obviously like the kid or would not have offered.

Jul 1, 2017, 1:24 PM

You're missing his point as well. He's saying the staff went 'all in' with White, or no one at all as there was no need, but he was a special talent. When Dye transferred out, that created the open schollie that has now been offered to Teague. Or...at least that's the way I interpret it. I'm not always too good at interpreting, but my spelling is generally spot on! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2017, 1:43 PM

I see what you are saying, but Dye was going to be in his last year of eligibility, so he would not have been at Clemson anyway.

Dye was announced before NSD 2017

Jul 1, 2017, 1:46 PM

His scholarship was used for one of the 14 brought in this year.

Jul 1, 2017, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: You don't offer somebody just because of need ]

Okay...that being the case. What do you think of my spelling!?! :)

Being the staff told White that they wouldn't offer another

Jul 1, 2017, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: You don't offer somebody just because of need ]

RB until he committed,it's safe to think that they also told MT that he'd be offered after White(that's based on what we saw happen). He committed to OSU anyways. Is OSU the place he wants to be,along with the other 2 RB's they're taking this cycle(he's the 3rd RB taken by them)or does he want to be the ONE RB Clemson is taking this cycle,even though he was second offer ?

No use in second guessing a National Championship Winning Staff,especially when we're not privy to the conversations they've had with all the RB's this cycle.

Re: Being the staff told White that they wouldn't offer another

Jul 1, 2017, 1:49 PM

Sounds like that is a great plan. Clemson should have moved on long time ago from White.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They just offered Dixon

Jul 1, 2017, 1:53 PM

http://247sports.com/Player/Lyn-J-Dixon-85176

Jul 1, 2017, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: You don't offer somebody just because of need ]

These prospects have feelings too. They don't like to be used as pawns.

Jul 1, 2017, 2:49 PM

Does someone need a tree to hug?

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic