Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayer request. To all Tiger fans and to football fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,632

Prayer request. To all Tiger fans and to football fans

Dec 5, 2013, 2:06 PM

reading Tiger Net. I am asking for your prayers for me and my wife. We have had problems for some time now but I think we are heading for separation and divorce. We have a wonderful 2 1/2 year old young man who is abosolutely incredible. He will suffer the most because he loves his mother and his father with incredible passion for a child his age. He steals everyones heart where he goes. I still love my wife, more than I did when we first married but for some reason we have pushed each other away. She made me realize that girls I thought I loved before, I never did. I'm not asking you all to pray that God keep us together, but I want prayers for her and for my son. Let me be the one who hurts the most and they be okay if we head down that path.

With a heavy heart,
MyFavOrange

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A bit of advice. I know you are hurting now, but get

Dec 5, 2013, 2:10 PM

a good lawyer. Pronto.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: A bit of advice. I know you are hurting now, but get

Dec 5, 2013, 2:41 PM

Forget the lawyer....get counseling. Divorce leaves terrible scars on children. No matter what, work to keep the relationship open so your son has both parents.

I have made the mistakes...I know what I'm talking about.

You pray too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expect the best, prepare for the worse.***

Dec 5, 2013, 2:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: A bit of advice. I know you are hurting now, but get

Dec 5, 2013, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: A bit of advice. I know you are hurting now, but get ]

I think a lawyer is pretty important.

The kid's only 2 1/2 so won't exactly know what's going on if everything is set into motion in the near future.

I think the best therapy is that you maintain a healthy relationship with the spouse - even if you hate them - for the sole purpose of not creating anymore stress/ripples in the kid's life than is necessary.

Also, let the kid talk about what he's feeling and let HIM dictate the conversation when it's necessary. You both need to know how the kid feels so that you can clear up an misconceptions or misunderstandings EARLY.

Basically, you just want the kid to understand the reasons for the divorce, it's not their fault, etc. It seems like common sense, but far too many divorced parents don't take the time to really consider the kids' emotional needs outsides of custody, child support etc.

You got it - prayers your way!

Dec 5, 2013, 2:13 PM

Hang in there brother.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Will do...sorry to hear that my friend***

Dec 5, 2013, 2:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Done***

Dec 5, 2013, 2:18 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep your Cool...chill...maybe even separate, but with hopes

Dec 5, 2013, 2:32 PM

of working through it..maybe with counseling from minister or professional. Divorce sucks..at any age or time! Feeling for you too!!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for you all.***

Dec 5, 2013, 2:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayer request. To all Tiger fans and to football fans

Dec 5, 2013, 2:54 PM

Praying for you buddy ro

MFO... check your Tmail*****

Dec 5, 2013, 3:15 PM

Praying for all of you.***

Dec 5, 2013, 5:41 PM

Praying for you and your son!***

Dec 5, 2013, 5:48 PM

Re: Seek counseling from a reputable provider. Preferably

Dec 5, 2013, 6:02 PM

a Christian counselor. Divorce is a solution but not necessarily the best. I don't know your circumstances but feel you married for a reason. You need to realize what that was in the beginning and work your way back to that. Not easy to do and both must want to work on it. I believe if all who find themselves in this circumstance will follow this path many would not divorce but have a better understanding for each other's needs. Selfishness is at the root of a lot of these issues. I pray that you will both work on this together to understand the root cause. You can recapture what you once had.

Best to your family!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Amen - this nailed it. Do it. Prayer on the way.***

Dec 6, 2013, 12:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Booooo....another woman lets you down..***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:04 PM

Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement. I'm not

Dec 5, 2013, 9:49 PM

sure what to do and I'm going to prepare for both, a relationship or divorce. I'll continue to be a Tiger either way.

Thanks again!!
MyFavOrange

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement. I'm not

Dec 6, 2013, 12:49 AM

> sure what to do and I'm going to prepare for both, a
> relationship or divorce. I'll continue to be a Tiger
> either way.
>
> Thanks again!!
> MyFavOrange

Will pray for you. Been married 38 years. If you and your spouse are Christian believers, then I agree with those who have advised a Christian counselor. If you need one I might be able to help find one near you. I don't know much about the workings of this board, but there must be a way to send me a personal message if you would like to talk.

There's only one way to keep your family together.

Dec 6, 2013, 2:09 AM

Remove all other options, take divorce off the table. Eat your pride and do what's best for yourself by doing what's best for your family. You'll never look back and say 'what if.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,632
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic