Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

SEC

May 22, 2012, 1:07 PM

Find a way into the SEC or we are going to regret it! Why not get an invite from the Big 12 and use it to entice the SEC? The SEC would probably love to have Clemson and Florida State as a package. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are between the sheets on expansion.***

May 22, 2012, 1:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, We can't secede as a state from Columbia

May 22, 2012, 1:08 PM

and eastern SC. Therefore, we do not add a state. Apparently that is all the SEC is interested in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know about down in Florida...

May 22, 2012, 1:09 PM

but I'd bet the SEC would go with a trade out in our state. Clemson in and the cooties out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know about down in Florida...

May 22, 2012, 1:34 PM

Really...And why would they consider that?? USC has brought the SEC 2 Nat'l Titles the last 2 years, could Clemson have done that?? Hell, you won the ACC and would have been at best 3-4 in the SEC east this past year, so what do you bring in football, other than being the laughing stock of major bowl teams this past season.

Maybe your basketball, oh wait, as bad as we were we still beat you at your place. Let's see, Spurrier or Dabo, I think SEC sticks with Spurrier. So Tanner or Leggett, I think Tanner gets the nod. Brownell or Martin?? Martin has been to how many NCAA tournaments??

Dawn Staley ring a bell?? What in the hell do you really think you have to offer that would make the SEC want to replace USC with Clemson for?? A 1980 Nat'l title?? Heck, Ga Tech has won one since then, why not go with them?? You guys are delusional if you think you have so much to offer that no one else can.

You will go to Big 12 and that is a good conference. You are not going to be invited into the SEC.

Ohhhhhhhh

May 22, 2012, 1:44 PM

Smebody is scared to death of the thought of Clemson in the SEC lmao.

U Mad lil bro?

Yikes! Touched a nerve...why don't you go poll the rest of

May 22, 2012, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know about down in Florida... ]

the SEC and see what they think...we know what you think. What sport did you win National Titles in again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See I knew I could smoke one of you losers out.

May 22, 2012, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know about down in Florida... ]

Show me a fan in the SEC that would rather have SCar stay of Clemson...and I'll show you his Go ##### Tshirt.

Your program is a JOKE! It is so funny that one 3 year streak in 40 years has made your fan base that much more delusional.

You have WON NOTHING! NOTHING of importance EVER!

And the realignment has to do with football, not baseball.

So keep screaming Go ######## every Saturday, while rubbing one out in your SEC sock. Loser.

Re: See I knew I could smoke one of you losers out.

May 22, 2012, 2:48 PM

You're right, all fans are just begging for Clemson to replace USC in the SEC. Like I said, you have so much to offer.

And by the way, the only nerve you triggered with me was a funny bone!! You really think the SEC would replace USC with Clemson, that's a good one.

Again, please tell me why they would, but take off your orange blinders and list facts.

Football??? What does Clemson offer that USC doesn't?? Fanbase/attendance?? Tradition?? Really, you've won 1 ACC championship in 20+ years and you have tradition?? You won a Nat'l championship before the internet was invented so I don't think they are looking at a 30 yr old title as a reason.

Baseball?? Doubt you want to go there, and maybe they are not looking at baseball but USC offers the SEC something in that sport that you or the ACC can't, and that is a Nat'l title.

Basketball?? Really, we have been out of league for 40 years and still have won more ACC titles than you.

So I'll ask you again, why would SEC replace USC for Clemson??

And by the way, the only joke running around this past January was the one's making fun of a team that gave up 70 in a bowl game and who's players asked the other team to take it easy!! Now that my friend is a joke of a program.

May 22, 2012, 2:52 PM

Word, brother.

You forget Spurrier is getting old.

May 22, 2012, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: See I knew I could smoke one of you losers out. ]

Enjoy your last few years with him because after...all your 5th place glory rings go down the toilet.

And it will be back to being the doormat as usual.

I know the SEC would never do that moron...but I've never met a fan of another SEC school that doesn't prefer Clemson over SCar.

Re: You forget Spurrier is getting old.

May 22, 2012, 3:27 PM

Well, OF COURSE, they prefer Clemson over South Carolina. The conference members are loyal to the SEC, but not to each other. They want to WIN and bringing in Clemson to replace SC would mean another win for EVERYBODY, EVERY YEAR! KY, UT, Vandy, MisState, Ole Miss . . .they'd all be happier, BUT we ain't going nowhere! We're staying right where we are and we're gonna keep raking in those millions while Commissioner Slick, er Slive, keeps working his magic.

Now, how many basketball games has Clemson won at Chapel Hill?

May 22, 2012, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: See I knew I could smoke one of you losers out. ]

Lol because teams look at baseball when they're looking to expand. You truly are a funny one.

I'm just trying to figure out what SC has to offer over Clemson. I'm trying to find any type of championship in football since before you were born..but I just can't.

I see our team coming off of a championship..while yours brags about 5th place. I see all these SEC fans talking trash to each other.lyet no one mentions SCU..y'all are irrelevant to the fans over there.

Youre "tradition" doesn't even touch ours. You keep asking what we've done lately and I just ask..

What have you ever done in football?

Crickets.***

May 22, 2012, 3:19 PM

May 22, 2012, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: See I knew I could smoke one of you losers out. ]

we don't have to offer, we are in. You guys are the one's who said the SEC would like to take Clemson and remove USC.

You need to brag about your championship, the only thing relevant about it was the beatdown you took from the 5th best SEC team and an avg Big East school!!

Again, you won 1 championship 30+ years ago, you can only ride that stallion so long. Hell, that is almost 2 generations old. You guys are like the guys that go to their 20 year reunion with their letter jackets on!!

Again, what have you done that would make the SEC replace USC with you?? That is the question and the answer is nothing!! You would add nothing that the SEC wants to the conference. That is the facts but you don't want to take off the blinders and see it. If they wanted you, they would have asked!!

Were you alive in '69 loser ?

May 22, 2012, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: See I knew I could smoke one of you losers out. ]

That flag will die lonesome in willy brice because you will never win a sec football championship.

Ask someone outside of your trailer park who won the NC

May 22, 2012, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: See I knew I could smoke one of you losers out. ]

in college baseball last year. Seriously. Winning 3 in a row against us in football is the greatest thing that your generation of #### lovers has ever had going for it, and funny thing is it just turned you all, expectedly, into even bigger losers.

You can always expect a coot to show up and "bawk" up a tizzy whenever Clemson and the SEC are mentioned. It's like a Pavlov dogs thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know about down in Florida...

May 22, 2012, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know about down in Florida... ]

lank how about go clean that chicken #### out your pants. You are stinking up the board. Another dumb coot IGNORED.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, you think baseball matters at all.***

May 22, 2012, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know about down in Florida... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coot U academics

May 22, 2012, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know about down in Florida... ]

Ranked #111 in US News and World Report.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-south-carolina-3448

J/k, I dont think the SEC, well I know the SEC, doesnt give a crap about education.

Just seizing the opportunity to throw out the #111. LOL.

Re: SEC

May 22, 2012, 1:16 PM

You may be correct. It may the only move worth considering. Just use the Big12 as a bargaining chip.

Re: Re: I don't know about down in Florida...

May 22, 2012, 1:48 PM

I agree that the SEC will NEVER offer us a spot and I don't care, I've moved on. Everyone can agree Clemson would fit the SEC mold (fast, spread offense, huge fanbase, great stadium/gameday experience, etc.) but from a financial perspective it doesn't make sense for them. If the Big 12 adds us as well as a few other ACC teams and gets to about 14 then we could rival the SEC's football dominance down the road (that's my idea of wishful thinking.)

But baseball isn't football, I don't have the figures in front of me but I bet your bowl win over Nebraska brought in more money than the baseball National Titles. We're talking about football, congrats on those by the way, but they're irrelevant in this arguement.

Re: Ohhhhhhhh

May 22, 2012, 1:53 PM

Doubt he's mad. Probably somewhat amazed at the level of ignorance one has to reach to think the SEC would trade SC for CU.

It's incredibly unlikely CU is invited to the SEC, but as a Gamecock it sure is fun to read your discussions on the topic.

Re: Re: Ohhhhhhhh

May 22, 2012, 2:01 PM

I'm a realistic Clemson fan and it won't ever happen. If it does, we better go, but it just doesnt make sense, it's like the SEC voluntarily taking a pay cut. The way I see it the Big 12 is a great conference and I'd love for us to join it.

You Gamecock fans will have to think of something new to make fun of if we won't be in the "E-Z-Z" (or whatever you call it) anymore.

wow

May 22, 2012, 2:54 PM

I'm sure the UK, UF, UGA, and UT fans would prefer Clemson. Everyone likes to add wins to their schedule.

HurHurHurHur!!!!!!

May 22, 2012, 2:55 PM

U TOE FUNNY!!!!

Yawn

May 22, 2012, 2:57 PM

these sec posts are ridiculous...ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

May 22, 2012, 3:04 PM

Maybe if we get on our knees and say "pretty please" and, "we will wash your cars, buy you dinner and mow your lawns". Sheesh, some people just will never get it.

May 22, 2012, 3:17 PM

You don't get it yet do you? Look at the sequence of events of the last several months and you may realize that the SEC and Big 12 are working together for quite some time. They are carving up the ACC in such a manner that best benefits both of those conferences. Clemson to the SEC will NOT in any way, form or fashion happen. I would love it to, but that is an unobtainable goal. Either the SEC or Big12 is a win/win scenario, but only one is viable.

May 22, 2012, 3:18 PM

You don't get it yet do you? Look at the sequence of events of the last several months and you may realize that the SEC and Big 12 are working together for quite some time. They are carving up the ACC in such a manner that best benefits both of those conferences. Clemson to the SEC will NOT in any way, form or fashion happen. I would love it to, but that is an unobtainable goal. Either the SEC or Big12 is a win/win scenario, but only one is viable.

May 22, 2012, 3:48 PM

I'm afraid it's wishful thinking but the SEC is where we belong.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic