Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Defense 2014: Who will step in to provide depth?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Defense 2014: Who will step in to provide depth?

Jan 9, 2014, 6:07 PM

Defense 2014: Who will step in to provide depth?

Clemson's defense might be better in 2014 with an experienced defensive line and solid middle linebacker in Stephone Anthony. The safety spots also appear solid, but depth is needed, especially at cornerback. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boulware seem to be another Shuey - it will take time for

Jan 9, 2014, 6:42 PM

him to make first team. I sure hope Stewart plays like he is capable of and can really hold off Boulware?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Boulware stays at Mike look for him to start after this

Jan 9, 2014, 8:00 PM

season when Anthony leaves.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boulware seem to be another Shuey - it will take time for

Jan 9, 2014, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Boulware seem to be another Shuey - it will take time for ]

I think Boulware could be a first teamer this coming year, if it were anyone other than Anthony ahead of him. He reminds me of Luke Kuechly in a way.

Re: Re: Boulware seem to be another Shuey - it will take time for

Jan 9, 2014, 9:52 PM

Maybe he will learn another spot. My guess is the coaches will shuffle player positions if they think it is best

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Front Page Story: Defense 2014: Who will step in to provide depth?

Jan 9, 2014, 7:13 PM

Good article Nicki, but I thought you were fired shortly after picking the Ohio State over Clemson in the Orange Bowl. :)

I feel real good about the D next year. Real Good.

Jan 9, 2014, 8:26 PM

nm

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Secondary

Jan 9, 2014, 9:05 PM

I think this will be the year the WHOLE defense comes together. I think with who is there, they will be stingy. I see MA, and GP/MJ at the corners and TB and Wiggins at safties. I think Kearse will continue to come in, but I think Kearse has a firm grip on that job as of now. I see Blanks working his tail off to get it back.

Re: Secondary

Jan 10, 2014, 12:06 PM

Kearse should have the safety spot on lock. He made a few mistakes but has shown that he is better than Blanks IMO. I believe Wiggins will earn a spot, and the suprises will be J.Johnson and Marcus Edmond. Both had good camps and scrimmages. If you look back at the highlights from camp you see alot of Johnson and Edmond. Venables clearly stated that they went with experience over talent. Now all of these guys have experience. I don't see Smith or Blanks keeping the starting spots. The younger guys are too physical and have too much speed.

Re: Secondary

Jan 13, 2014, 7:26 AM

IMA opinion it will be hard to keep Tankersley out of the starting lineup at corner. Coach V did go with experience over talent this past season and they have moved Tank back to his natural position of corner. I cannot see how you keep the fastest corner off the field and also the biggest.Kearse will not stay at safety for too long, he is going to gain weight on that frame and would be better suited for the SAM position. Marcus Edmond is a little more athletic then Johnson and Wiggins. Smith is a liability in the passing game and Blanks didn't fare to much better but he was playing hurt I think.

Carlos

Jan 9, 2014, 9:41 PM

We seem to forget when Carlos was healthy he was a co- starter with Josh. I anticipate he will be back were he left off.

Re: Carlos

Jan 10, 2014, 10:17 AM

Carlos started a game or 2 before his accident and Josh will require off season surgery so he had an injury as well... I do not think he was full speed after mid season.
I expect both of them to have a big impact next season. It would not surprise me if we had 3 DTs on the field at times.

We have lots of depth at tackle

Jan 9, 2014, 9:55 PM

I hope we rotate rotate rotate.... And wear them out. It'll be nice to see a team that you see no drop off with substitutions .... All the way three deep

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I wish we would consider getting some experienced JUCO guys

Jan 9, 2014, 10:10 PM

Just seems like there have to be some top guys out there that want to come to Clemson.

For what position?

Jan 10, 2014, 3:17 PM

We seem pretty deep on the defensive side of the ball. I'd rather have a redshirt SO in his 3rd year at Clemson than a JUCO Junior who spent two years elsewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kicker position

Jan 9, 2014, 11:56 PM

Robby Lowman, a walk on kicker that will be starting conditioning this spring, is by far better than both Alex spence and Ammon Lakip. He will be the next reliable Catman.

Re: Front Page Story: Defense 2014: Who will step in to provide depth?

Jan 10, 2014, 12:44 AM

Dorian O'Daniel?

He'll fight for the SAM position***

Jan 10, 2014, 8:45 AM

Number 10

Jan 10, 2014, 11:21 AM

will play somewhere. You don't keep players like that on the bench. 42 will be an all american

Wouldn't be suprised to see Jones, Anthony and BB starting

Jan 10, 2014, 11:27 AM

TJ Burell is solid but like QC I don't see him being great physically compared to Jones, Steward, Goodson, and O'Daniel.

Re: Wouldn't be suprised to see Jones, Anthony and BB starting

Jan 11, 2014, 2:52 AM

Seem like we have a great problem to have with the entire defense. Finding a place for so much talent. Tag team motto. Play them all. Orange unit and then the Purple unit.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic