Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Second Guessing Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,376

Second Guessing Dabo

Sep 26, 2018, 12:10 PM

What's best for the team? What's best for the team... if you think of it as what is really best for the team (and hindsight is 20-20), then benching KB was not the best thing for the team (I realize there was no way of predicting KB would really transfer). What would have been best for the team, would have been to stay the course... to keep giving KB 2 series at the start of each game, then TL, then "go with the hot hand"... which I think we all know was going to almost solely be TL. This way, the team would still have their phenom, once-in-a-generational talent AND their seasoned veteran. It is objectively true that it would have been best for the team to have our 1a/1b QB arrangement with a solid, yet unproven and tested Chase Brice sitting comfortably at #3. But Dabo really didn't do what was best for the team... He actually did what was best for KB. He made a decision that took KB's hard work, dedication, and dreams into account and he chose to put the best player... the player that gives us the best chance to excel as the starting QB. And he did it at a time that gave KB the beautiful gift of options. KB chose to be offended, wronged, and to take the opportunity to go elsewhere. I get it... it is a hard pill to swallow after all he has given. And I understand his emotion and outburst. But, let's be real... Dabo was WAY above board with this. Dabo made the tough call that was really what was best, certainly for KB, but only best for the team if TL stays healthy or Chase Brice can handle the lights and pressure. And, as a side note, I spent several minutes a couple times yesterday praying for KB. I know this has to be an extremely difficult time for him and his family. I'm with Dabo though... I am disappointed and wish KB would have considered staying, but I respect him and his contributions. Best to him. He will be able to look back and thank Dabo for whatever he does with this opportunity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not all teams would you have the luxury......

Sep 26, 2018, 12:18 PM

of having 2 empty drives to start the game while then "turning it on"

that's playing with fire to assume you can "see what happens" with KB out there then throw out TL to "clean up" the mess.

PLAY THE BEST PLAYER!........get ahead by a lot of points..........THEN put your backup in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not all teams would you have the luxury......

Sep 26, 2018, 12:26 PM

I agree. I just know TL better stay healthy and Chase Brice needs some quality snaps.

Re: Second Guessing Dabo

Sep 26, 2018, 12:21 PM

What other team in the nation has the better QB not starting once they learn the playbook and how to run the offense ?

Sep 26, 2018, 12:29 PM

Just saying Dabo made a great decision for KB. I agree TL should be starting and in a perfect world KB would take this like a man and keep it moving. I also get his desire to follow his dream of being an NFL QB. It is what it is. I am excited to see what TL does as the sole starter. I'm sure our WR's, TE's, RB's, and the majority of the team are excited as well (whether they would publicly acknowledge it or not). As many broadcasters and analysts have already said multiple times over this first 4 weeks, "We are a different offense" with TL in there.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:29 PM

Well said. The thing that bothers me is, the fans wanted this now they put on a different face. I hate to see KB leave but I think Dabo done the best for the team..I love KB and wish him the best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,376
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic