Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seat equity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Seat equity

Nov 16, 2012, 12:16 PM

I'm only now beginning to get in a position where I can donate (just got promoted).

How do the donations/equity work. What's a ballpark figure of what it would take to get yellow-section seating according to this chart?

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/28500/pdf/tickets/2012-13/seat_equity_plan_brochure.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=28500

I've read all the documentation but can't really figure out what the final sum figure would be to get good seats right off the bat. All i know is that season ticket purchases are separate from donations.

Anyone put it in lay man's terms? What kinda figure am I looking at? 2 seats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seat equity

Nov 16, 2012, 12:19 PM

call IPTAY and ask. this is the quickest way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2012, 12:21 PM

Cool. That's what I figured.

I just didn't know if anyone else had gone through the experience recently.

Figure $750 per seat or $1500 for two***

Nov 16, 2012, 12:24 PM

However......

Nov 16, 2012, 12:36 PM

The seats have to be available. The yellow section rarely, if ever, becomes available. The seat equity plan details what the minimum donantion is for the seat but does not gaurantee that you will get seats that are valued the same as your donation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2012, 12:28 PM

Ok, this gets confusing so let's take it in three parts.

1. lower deck seats...for the most part, any new donor wanting lower deck seats will need to donate anywhere between 5k - 10k. Even this will not guarantee a lower deck seat as many people with more priority points (you get these each year) are willing to pay the same amount and are waiting for those to open up. if you want to guarantee lower deck seats, you may have to pony up and be a life donor of give like several 100k. I don't know this for certain, it is just my opinion. How do I know this...I have been giving 2500 for roughly 10 years and haven't even sniffed the lower deck.

2. seats. Assuming you could get to lower deck based on #1 , you would have qualified the for minimum seat requirement because your iptay donation would exceed the cost of seat. yellow seats = 750. 750 x 2 = 1500. You would be giving a minimum of 5k so you would be covered.

3. Basic rule of seat cost...your iptay donation must match or exceed the cost of your seat....the fine print...to get better seats and parking, you will have to pay a lot more than your seats are worth.

believe me I have no sour grapes, I actually like the upper deck and continue my level of giving, it is simply supply and demand

Nov 16, 2012, 12:34 PM

Not necessarily true. I am a Tiger Donor($1400)and have 10 season tickets in the lower level and only been an Iptay member 5 years.

great give me your contact at the clemson office so I can do

Nov 16, 2012, 12:35 PM

the same

Re: great give me your contact at the clemson office so I can do

Nov 16, 2012, 12:43 PM

I have no contact w Iptay. I did everything online 4 years ago...Was under the misconception you had to give big money or get stuck in one of the corners of the upper deck but was pleasantly surprised.

well is it 4 years or 5 years?***

Nov 16, 2012, 12:59 PM

4***

Nov 16, 2012, 1:02 PM

That is BS

Nov 16, 2012, 12:46 PM [ in reply to great give me your contact at the clemson office so I can do ]

I've been giving at the Tiger Level ($1400) for over 10 years and each year I have tried to get better seats. I have 4 seats and I'm still in the upper deck.

The poster you replied to is full of ####. The tiger level only allows you to buy 8 tickets.

Tiger ($1,400 minimum)

- 8 Season Tickets for Clemson Football*
- 6 Season Tickets for Clemson Basketball*
- 35 issues of the "Orange Update" and 8 editions of "Orange: The Experience"
- 1 Reserved Parking Space for home football games with purchase of at least two season tickets
- 10 Priority Points

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is BS

Nov 16, 2012, 12:48 PM

Whatever dude...beleive what you want!! Why the hell would I lie to the man?

You tell me why you'd lie to him

Nov 16, 2012, 1:40 PM

He comes on here asking for clarity and you state something that isn't even possible. The Tiger Level allows you to purchase 8 seats so how would you explain that your donor level allows you to buy 8 seats and you get 10 seats??? Much less lower level seats!!!

I wouldn't

Nov 16, 2012, 1:47 PM

I guess you can come by tomorrow and explain to the 6 of us in Sec j and the other 4 in sec l that it is not possible we are there!!

As a matter of fact, instead of going back and forth why not

Nov 16, 2012, 1:57 PM

put your money where your mouth is....if I'm lying I'll donate another $1400 to YOUR Iptay account. But if I prove I am telling the truth you give ME your 4 Clemson/Carolina tickets for next week!

And that is called Check-mate!!***

Nov 16, 2012, 2:51 PM

lol, I am still waiting for him to give me his contact at

Nov 16, 2012, 12:56 PM [ in reply to That is BS ]

Iptay that gave him this great deal

Read above.....did it online!!!***

Nov 16, 2012, 12:59 PM

Re: That is BS

Nov 16, 2012, 12:58 PM [ in reply to That is BS ]

So you donate 1400 per seat...i.e. 5200 for all 4 of your seats?

No. $1400 per year

Nov 16, 2012, 1:36 PM

So its 1400/4 to arrive at your per seat seat equity contribution.

Nov 16, 2012, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Seat equity ]

Interesting. I emailed IPTAY to ask. There's gotta be a way to figure it out.

It's an excuse a lot of older folks can use --- but I have pretty bad vision...even corrected. Sitting in the upper deck usually isn't enjoyable for me.

Nov 16, 2012, 12:47 PM

I would call them in Feb and let them walk you through the process. I would think this will be a good year for you to possibly squeeze into one of those sections. Especially wanting only 2 tickets.

Nov 16, 2012, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Seat equity ]

That's the type of answer I was looking for. And it's still kind of confusing, lol.

I might just start donating to build some priority points and look at ponying up in a few years.

One more question: would the 5-10k donation be a first year thing...and from there I would donate 1500-3000 per year? Or would 5-10k be required from there on out to keep the seats?

Thanks

Nov 16, 2012, 12:38 PM

that is the trick. If you could get to a bottom level, you could retain the tickets just by paying the minimum amount required to hold the seats...in your case 1500. the downside to that is, your parking is also affected by how much you pay. 1500 would put you out near strom thurmond or lot 10 (talking home stands since that is all i am familiar with). so if you don't mind the walk you would be in good shape once you secured the tickets.

Nov 16, 2012, 12:41 PM

Excellent. Thanks for the explanation.

I'll probably start with orange or grey to build some priority points and then go for the big donation in a few years.

Annual $$ gives you an idea of the sections you could be in

Nov 16, 2012, 1:29 PM

but points will determine if you actually get in that section.

If 4 seats on the 50 open up everyone that gives at least 3k is eligible to get them, but the person with the most points will get them.

The confusion for most people lies in the fact that they didn't (and don't) actually re-seat the stadium. The tickets have to open up to move into them. You can't be kicked out of your seats by someone who gives more.

My experience with tickets..

Nov 16, 2012, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Seat equity ]

my first donation to iptay was in 2011 at the Tiger ($1400) level. I got 4 lower deck tickets.

I guess it all depends on luck.

You need to call IPTAY next year

Nov 16, 2012, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Seat equity ]

It might be that they view the seats you are in as better than the ones in the lower deck you could get. But if you just want to be in the lower deck tell them.

When I got my tickets (I had donated years before I bought tickets) I told them the 2nd year that I'd rather be high and away from the 50s in the lower deck than lower in the upper. My seats were around the 40 and arond the middle rows of the upper. Now I'm in lower deck beyond the goalline. I'm actually further away from the field than I was previously so IPTAY thinks those seats are "worse."

Or it could be that you are trying to get too many tickets together.

Nov 16, 2012, 1:09 PM

Sorry for all the controversy....Was trying to help you by relaying my experience w Iptay and you can do with it what you will. Obviously others have had different experiences.

Re: Seat inequity

Nov 16, 2012, 1:16 PM

After reading all the responses above, I see it is business as usual. It is why I left IPTAY years ago. I use to be a member but I finally wised up to the fact that there is NO Equity! I rather pick and choose to go to the games I want...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not for me

Nov 16, 2012, 1:59 PM

The first year I donated around 4k and ended up with option for up to 10 seats in lower on the 10 yd line. Not yellow but not bad either.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic