Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seat Equity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Seat Equity

Mar 6, 2017, 6:42 AM

I am not renewing my Clemson football tickets for. The fisti time in twent years. I have not heard much disappointment with the new seat equity plan but I am very disappointed with Iptays decision to raise the donation at 175% of my donation last year. Am I the only one giving up their season tickets or at least buying fewer tickets..

I know the argument is that Clemson tickets are less than all the major programs. But Clemson is a smaller school than the rest of the major programs. I researched this in the past and not sure if it is still true. Of all the schools with stadiums over 80,000 there are only 2 with under 20,000 enrollment. THey are Clemson and Notre Dame. Clemson does not have the football history Notre dame has.

I know Clemson is a hot ticket now. Will all these new ticket buyers still be around after a few 8-4 or. 7-5 seasons. Will they endure the Hatfiled, West, and Bowden yeas. We will see if the decision makers at IPTAY made the right decision. It is not easy to replace 20 year season ticket holders.

Hopefully the university is correct. I am a doubter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seat Equity

Mar 6, 2017, 6:56 AM

The seats are worth what the market will bear. There are many big dollar donors that have poor seat because Clemson has been too loyal to long time smaller donors. But there's good news! Just pay up and you get to keep "your" seats.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2017, 7:22 AM

I gave mine up 20 years ago. It's all about money and more money. I was a long time IPTAY member and was priced out of the market. When I left I was spending around 2k for tickets and membership and another 2k for expenses. I parked on Fike Field and was told that if you want to stay there you will have to double your membership and we'll be so kind as to move you to the bottom of the priority list and move you to lot 3. I made my choice and told them to stick it in their ear after I was told that 10k would keep me in my place at Fike Field. Let the big co operations by tickets in blocks and dole them out to whoever they want.

I have no regrets, it's a hell-of-lot easier to watch the Tigers on TV!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2017, 7:29 AM

I gave up my seat 5 years ago because the money just became too much... especially when there were home games like PC, South Carolina State , and Temple. I felt like I was seeing a better game at the orange White scrimmage in the spring. I'm sure I made someone very happy in Section UL row J seat 16, 17. Those seats had been in the family since the 1960's, but the $ was just getting out of hand. ..
But don't think that there won't be someone else ready to gobble up your seats.

Mar 6, 2017, 7:41 AM

It's a tough decision to make but the bottom line is there are many, many people waiting for you to drop out. Your seats will be taken immediately by someone who will remain active in IPTAY for many years. That's the price of success I guess. As an IPTAY rep I have this problem arise often and I have no good answer. You have to pay to play! I wish it wasn't like that but I don't see in changing any time soon.

As a side note, I wish more was done for the fans comfort and enjoyment during the games. Better seating, affordable concessions, improved restrooms, are all things that would make the costs of attending more bearable.
Hang in there. Death Valley is still the place to be on a Saturday afternoon!

I feel your pain

Mar 6, 2017, 7:33 AM

Me and my father had the talk walking into the Last home game that we may have to give up our seats for the same reason.

Mar 6, 2017, 7:49 AM

I gave mine up 7 years ago and I don't think I am missed. They've broken attendance records every year since!

For me it was partly the money, but I felt like we were selling all of the things I liked about going to a Clemson game, and replacing them with an NFL feel. I liked it when kids slid down the grass in the corners, and I liked not having loud speakers to drown out the band.

I do not think these new fans will endure Hatfield and West type years like we did, but maybe they wont have to! Go Tigers! Repeat!

-DW

Mar 6, 2017, 7:50 AM

Just come slumming in the upper decks we don't have dippin dots but the game watches the same. We also have a ton of great fans that enjoy each other up there. And seat equity actually got cheaper most places. We have been there for 15 year, No place I would rather be on a sat in the fall!! GO Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel your pain but don't understand what student enrollment has to do with it

Mar 6, 2017, 8:26 AM

The university still has the same cost to maintain facilities and field teams.
Mine also went up 175%. I gave up donating extra for better parking two years ago.
One day I may no longer be able to afford it but it will be one of the last pleasures I give up because I love to see the Tigers play in person.

I'm about at my cap. 3 of my 5 slready do not goto the

Mar 6, 2017, 9:09 AM

Games because I can only afford 2 tickets

Couple hundred more and 5 of my five will watch from home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 6, 2017, 9:24 AM

I stopped back in 2006. It just made more financial sense to just go to two good games per year (even if the ticket on the street cost $100-125) than a full season with 2-3 garbage games included.

Buy the tickets and get your $$ back by selling the big

Mar 6, 2017, 9:29 AM

game tickets. That way you keep your seats and have someone else pay the equity

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Mar 6, 2017, 11:17 AM

My seat equity went up 175% as well... This may be my last year... I can't keep up with the increasing cost... And I have not missed a home game since 1971.... It's all about the wealthy folks now.... Us average guys that have been there their whole life mean nothing to Iptay.... Iptay just wants as much $$$ as they can get right now....

Mar 7, 2017, 10:54 AM

Thanks for all the responses.

Apparently most feel of the base feels that there is no percentage raise that is obscene. And I am a true believer in the market place. I just wonder if IPTAY has made a bad decision for the future of Clemson Football Program.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic