Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson names quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 6,827

FB Update: Clemson names quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator

Dec 10, 2014, 3:51 PM

Clemson names quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know everyone has already said it...

Dec 10, 2014, 3:54 PM

But I really like this hire. We're getting a very well liked name from the past, but he also appears to be a hell of a coach. He's going to hit the recruiting trail and legitimately mean what he's saying about Clemson being special. I love that, and think this is a slam dunk of a hire.

Re: I know everyone has already said it...

Dec 10, 2014, 4:39 PM

With his upbringing it was almost certain he'd be a fine coach. Truely has grown up around the game. I have tremendous respect for his CU career

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson names quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator

Dec 10, 2014, 3:57 PM

I love the hire, but I hope Scott still has a big role in recruiting.

Scott's role is very clear . . . he's not calling plays

Dec 10, 2014, 4:07 PM

and he's not in charge of recruiting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Scott's role is very clear . . . he's not calling plays

Dec 10, 2014, 4:17 PM

That's what I'm confused about...what exactly IS his role now

He will co-coordinate.

Dec 10, 2014, 4:24 PM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 10, 2014, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Scott's role is very clear . . . he's not calling plays ]

He is WR coach and will probably help with the gameplan specifically the passing game. Some teams designate a passing game coordinator and a running game coordinator.

Dec 10, 2014, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Scott's role is very clear . . . he's not calling plays ]

we two deep

Dec 10, 2014, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Scott's role is very clear . . . he's not calling plays ]

He should be in charge of recruiting. He has been very effective in that role. If he is not involved in that, we have out punted our coverage, IMO. Streeter may be good, but he hasn't earned the top spot over Jeff Scott, yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will be designing game plans like he has been doing for

Dec 10, 2014, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Scott's role is very clear . . . he's not calling plays ]

the past four years with Chad Morris, only now he will be in charge of the gameplan instead of assisting. According to Swinney and Morris, Scott was very good at coming up with ways to attack opposing defenses and was invaluable in helping Morris prepare for opponents throughout the last few seasons. If he is as adept at that role as he has been described, I couldn't imagine him do anything else as a co-coordinator. Elliott will call the play on game day; Scott will design the game plan each week including what parts of the playbook to focus on that week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just hope they keep Jeff Scott happy here.***

Dec 11, 2014, 10:49 AM

Dec 10, 2014, 3:58 PM

Deserves a lifetime contract just for the beating he took behind a pitiful o-line in VT game.

Dec 10, 2014, 4:40 PM

I remember that one. Not for the squeamish

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2014, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson names quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator ]

The OL hasn't improved an awful lot since DF left as coach. They still are our Achilles heel. They did a gret job in the usuc game, but they have been very lackluster for a long time. I want them to carry the team for a change. Get that fixed, and the rest will pleasantly surprise everybody who loves "The Paw"!.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So who does he report to - Elliott or Scott?

Dec 10, 2014, 12:07 AM

I'm really trying not to be negative about co-coordinators but notice neither of them were even mentioned b

Why would they be mentioned?***

Dec 10, 2014, 4:40 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: So who does he report to - Elliott or Scott?

Dec 10, 2014, 5:35 PM [ in reply to So who does he report to - Elliott or Scott? ]

Probably a direct report to Dabo.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats from a fellow Pennsylvanian

Dec 10, 2014, 4:28 PM

Congrats Brandon...I live about 30 minutes from Gettysburg and was in attendance when you made your first start at Clemson. Coach'em up.

Dec 10, 2014, 5:37 PM

WHAT?!!! Tony Elliot as the primary play caller is scary enough but now having Streeter as the recruiting coordinator. What happened to Jeff Scott..he has been primed to call plays for years and is already one of the best recruiting coordinators in the country. I trust Dabo but this makes me nervous.

Maybe Coach Scott isnt everything the public thinks he is.

Dec 10, 2014, 6:58 PM

When was it ever officially released that he was being groomed to be OC?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2014, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson names quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator ]

Jeff will recruit more heavily without the coordinator tag but will tutor Brandon at that art.
Jeff is fine! He has a cool new title and a HEFTY raise coming. GO TIGERS!

Dec 10, 2014, 8:51 PM

All of our coaches recruit ...some better than others of course . There is no need to worry whether or not J Scott is going to quit his recruiting tasks...Dabo knows better than that .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 11, 2014, 6:15 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson names quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator ]

If you really trust Dabo, then just relax. We will be fine. Some time soon, it would not surprise me to see another announcement on Jeff Scott as it relates to Clemson. He has been excellent at everything he has done in his coaching career.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scott freed to coach & recruit

Dec 10, 2014, 9:37 PM

without having to coordinate recruiting, giving him more time to directly recruit skill players. He and Elliott put the game plan together, but Elliott is tasked with calling plays. Streeter (with OC experience) strongly involved in plan as QB coach, also coordinates recruiting, but with Scott handy to help.

Sounds like Dabo has it figured out.

Replies: 24
| visibility 6,827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic