Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scoop and score
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,193

Scoop and score

Nov 2, 2020, 1:32 PM

Never happens with decent OL push. The first 2 downs we were stuffed and looked the fumble play would have been too if Travis had been able to keep the ball. We run lots PRO and almost never push forward as a result so we arent downfield. I dont know if that is why we have poor run blocking but we do

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is extremely hard to pull a lineman on the goal line. We do that

Nov 2, 2020, 1:39 PM

and it’s just risky in short distance situations. That play took forever to develop and lineman got pushed back.... it’s never easy to get that last yard, and it seems at times to be difficult for our Tiger lineman. I honestly think going under center works better and maybe sneak it with big QB’s like TL or DJ.... but we don’t go under center so that’s dangerous as well.

I have no idea how to fix it but I know there is always another team trying to stop the play so sometimes the other team simply makes a play ?????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is extremely hard to pull a lineman on the goal line. We do that

Nov 2, 2020, 1:42 PM

That play was run from under center.

Re: It is extremely hard to pull a lineman on the goal line. We do that

Nov 2, 2020, 1:45 PM

True. Any push on first or second down and that play never happens. We dont block th run well especially in short yardage

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scoop and score

Nov 2, 2020, 1:43 PM

I said it in another post. pitch out to our All world back and let a defender catch him running down hill towards the goal line my money is on etn to out run anyone. I am over dang counters, traps and dives.

Not gonna lie, I puckered up when we went under center....

Nov 2, 2020, 4:14 PM

went downhill from there. Would've liked to see a timeout there to make sure we get the right play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scoop and score

Nov 2, 2020, 4:20 PM

No, the contact in the backfield happened off the edges. Just not a good play that took to long. QB sneak would have been a touchdown as both the center and guards were a good 1-2 yards deep in the endzone when the scoop happened.

Plus DJ looked like he expected ETN to be about 6 inches taller on that handoff.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic