Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scar building new athletic dorm while Dabo bashes...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Scar building new athletic dorm while Dabo bashes...

Apr 3, 2014, 10:30 PM

...our facilities.

"Listen, I drive around this campus. We have recruits come by all the time and we have so many buildings that need to be updated or torn down and start over. And our housing, I am gonna tell ya is terrible. It is terrible. They need to take Thornhill and just blow it up. We call it Thornhood Village. That's what we call it. I am sure it was great in its day. You can only put so much paint on the wall. Its awful....

Fact of the matter is that what Spurrier wants he gets and we are getting left behind. Scar is out earning us by $20 million/year and is committed to spending money while we nickel and dime. Anyone who disagrees with me is not listening to Dabo and not living in reality.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/02/22/3283950/new-usc-dorm-designed-to-bring.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post will end well...***

Apr 3, 2014, 10:31 PM

Re: This post will end well...***

Apr 3, 2014, 10:34 PM

It's the truth.

Apr 3, 2014, 10:48 PM

Awwww, that's cute.

Apr 3, 2014, 11:03 PM

I thought dorms for athletes only was against NCAA rules.

So true

Apr 3, 2014, 11:10 PM

I recently visited my buddies in Columbia and got to stay in their dorms. Carolina's dorms are years ahead of Clemson's. They are huge and nice. Not even the nicest dorm on our campus can compare to there's. Kinda dissappointing.

Tell 'em coot

Apr 3, 2014, 11:15 PM

smh

Coot, there, they're, and their

Apr 4, 2014, 12:43 AM [ in reply to So true ]

Learn them

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather stay in a dog crate in Clemson than a mansion

Apr 4, 2014, 8:16 AM [ in reply to So true ]

in the middle of Columbia.

I saw some "dorms" when I went to Columbia

Apr 6, 2014, 7:28 PM [ in reply to So true ]

They all had bars over there windows.

Thanks for playing TommyBcoot. FGF that away-->***

Apr 3, 2014, 11:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scar building new athletic dorm while Dabo bashes...

Apr 3, 2014, 11:33 PM

The biggest myth in college football the SEC makes 20M more a year than the ACC. This just isn't true, I hear all the time SEC money well they aren't the richest conference when it comes to pay out Big10 is the leader. Clemson isn't 20M behind USC.

USC has spent far more money than Clemson over the last 10 years on upgrades it's not even close. I'm not talking about just football but the entire school. I'm not sure how they are funding it but they have upgraded the campus at a much faster pace than Clemson.

Apr 4, 2014, 5:40 AM

You are correct....it is only 17 mil.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

South Carolina
$87,608,352 $84,963,037 $2,338,268 2.67

Clemson
$70,002,280 $67,783,797 $5,316,712 7.60

It's been pointed out many

Apr 4, 2014, 12:51 PM

Times that isn't all of Clemson revenue.. But whatever makes you feel superior coot!!

They lost that $17mil to Spurriers bar tab***

Apr 6, 2014, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Scar building new athletic dorm while Dabo bashes... ]

My question is private

Apr 3, 2014, 11:38 PM

investors can build student housing that is light years ahead of what Clemson can offer on campus for less rent than Clemson charges and still make money. So why can't Clemson upgrade the housing and make money renting it to students.

The off campus housing in Clemson is super nice. The on campus housing is well just ask Dabo.

Apr 3, 2014, 11:42 PM

If Dabo feels he can get enough people to donate a big dent into the funding of new dorms or whatever. I congratulate him, and I will pray right along with him that he can help get this project on its feet. I am very proud that Dabo Swinney and his family are a part of the Clemson family and the Clemson community. And I think that you will find that at least 90% of the Clemson family feel the same as I do about Dabo!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2014, 11:45 PM

I would say it's a lot higher than 90% more like 95-98%.

Apr 4, 2014, 7:39 AM

The Gamecock fans are 100 % glad that he is coaching Clemson....

Apr 4, 2014, 7:43 AM

uh so are we moronec.

if Dabo coached SCAR, he's be the most accomplished

Apr 4, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Scar building new athletic dorm while Dabo bashes... ]

football coach in their history, with a conference championship AND a BCS Bowl win. All of SCAR's coaches COMBINED don't have that.

They would have named the stadium after him by now.

We really don't give a chicken's wing about what coots think

Apr 4, 2014, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Scar building new athletic dorm while Dabo bashes... ]

(ha ha, as if coots can "think"). Next time you want to share you opinion on Tigernet, hesitate.

That what SEC money does Thornhill was a dump in '85 when I

Apr 4, 2014, 6:46 AM

Lived there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I have stated before .

Apr 4, 2014, 6:47 AM

The Coots are a large university with many more beaks to feed and naturally require far more operating funds. Clemson recieving a few million bucks less from our conference is offset by the size of our needs and the fact that we do not have to spend as much . Not saying our campus couldn't use a few tweaks here and there ...but there is nothing to get excited about here.
Wash the chickens feet off and it goes right back to scratchin' through its dirty waste. They just aren't very smart ...and intelligence my friends .....is the real wealth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I've lived in the Columbia area for over 40 years, and the

Apr 4, 2014, 6:55 AM

fact is that the S.C. facilities vastly differ from those I remember years ago.

The increasing enrollment has dictated change; the S.C. leadership has responded over the years, as best they could, as has Clemson. The difference is space: S.C.'s battles have been against the city and county for prime land. Mix that in with constant meddling by politicians, and I can assure you the battles at times have been all-out warfare.

Even as a Clemson alumnus, I have to admit that much construction has improved the city landscape...even that around W.B. stadium. For example, the Thurmond Wellness Center on the corner of Blossom and Assembly was a much needed improvement over the old Gibbes Auto Dealership there. The Baseball Stadium was well-done.

Should we be alarmed? No....For Pete's Sake, they've got nearly twice the enrollment, and with the city and county apparently now in their corner, they should be able to expand easier. The important efforts at Clemson have to focus on our wise use of funds to expand to suit our needs, and if that means tearing down some of the old to make room for the new, then so be it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2014, 7:48 AM

lol @ all the pathetic Gamecocks in this thread too embarrassed by their school to get a real screen name

null

Apr 4, 2014, 7:55 AM

even funnier is them thinking dabo is bashing our athletic facilities. i would put anything we have against the stench of cooterville.

Wait, why is our football coach commenting on the campus

Apr 4, 2014, 8:35 AM

facilities in general?

null

you know nothing about who decides...DA post^^^^^***

Apr 4, 2014, 8:55 AM

We are doooooomed***

Apr 4, 2014, 6:27 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic