Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson No. 13 in ESPN's CFB Future Power Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson No. 13 in ESPN's CFB Future Power Rankings

Jun 18, 2013, 11:25 AM

Clemson No. 13 in ESPN's CFB Future Power Rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That stinks! I don't want to be no number 13! I want us to

Jun 18, 2013, 11:37 AM

be aggressive and hungry and beat these odds. I want the Tigers to be . . . NUMBER 1!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESECPN at it again...

Jun 18, 2013, 11:50 AM

If anyone watched the video, they asked "who could compete with Alabama in the next ten years"?

Their answers were Florida, LSU, and Georgia.

Yeah, because Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame, are just such scrubs who could never compete with the mighty SEC teams...

Re: ESECPN at it again...

Jun 18, 2013, 12:36 PM

I would add Miami to that list.... Golden is building a good program down there... I hope Clemson will be on the list as well... The ? I have is how whill our offense perform without Chad Morris?

Re: ESECPN at it again...

Jun 18, 2013, 3:09 PM

This is redic.... when talking about Clemson, people keep saying "what happens when Morris leaves????"
1st off I think Dabo will find the next Morris, and we'll keep on truckin. 2nd why do they not say that about other teams and their OC's & DC's or HC. A loss of any of those coaches can be a hit for a team, not just at Clemson.

Theres a lot of guess work in this whole thing, and we all know college football can be oh so unpredictable

i understand your angst. but the reason is dabo is not known

Jun 18, 2013, 5:00 PM

as an offensive or defensive guru, and most of the really good hc's are one or the other. i think dabo has the ability to hire great asst. coaches , and he can recruit with the best of them. we will be alright.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you see Notre Dame in the championship game

Jun 18, 2013, 12:58 PM [ in reply to ESECPN at it again... ]

they sure looked like scrubs to me.

Re: Did you see Notre Dame in the championship game

Jun 18, 2013, 2:06 PM

Seriously. I get annoyed with the SEC hype too, but they've dominated the compettition.

Not including the LSU-Bama game for obvious reasons, this is how the scoreboard looks:

Average score: 34.0-17.7
Margins of victory: 27, 14, 10, 16, 3, 28.
SEC Yards per game: 415.5
Opponent YPG: 304.2

The most points that have been scored against and SEC team in the championship is 24, while they've scored 37 or higher 4/6 times (which kind of puts the "there's no offense!" argument to rest too).

Again, it's annoying...but the SEC has delivered time and time again since this run began. Give credit where it's due.

Alabama is the big deliverer....Auburn Oregon

Jun 18, 2013, 2:13 PM

Was a very Close game.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Re: Alabama is the big deliverer....Auburn Oregon

Jun 18, 2013, 2:44 PM

Florida and LSU also dominated their games too...though the Florida-Oklahoma game was a pretty good one.

Either way, the SEC has been dominant.

And who just knocked off LSU and Florida in bowls

Jun 18, 2013, 3:18 PM [ in reply to ESECPN at it again... ]

2 ACC teams(1 current. one future).

How is bama's "Title Path" 8.6 when ours is in the 7's?

Jun 18, 2013, 1:40 PM

I thought the SEC was the toughest conference schedule in the nation..

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Re: How is bama's "Title Path" 8.6 when ours is in the 7's?

Jun 18, 2013, 2:07 PM

Probably counting SoS as a good thing.

Say you're Oklahoma, and you have to win the NC next year

Jun 18, 2013, 3:00 PM

or the board will shut down your program. You have a choice between Clemson's average schedule and bama's average schedule, which do you choose?

No brainer.

You pick ours all day, every day.

That's why this makes no sense.

Re: Say you're Oklahoma, and you have to win the NC next year

Jun 18, 2013, 3:11 PM

True, but assuming you're going to lose 1 game and still have a chance to get into the national championship as opposed to other 1-loss teams, are you going to choose between Clemson's average schedule or Bama's average schedule?

I'm not saying you don't have a point, I'm saying I believe this is the mentality they're using, and it makes sense too.

One Question:

Jun 18, 2013, 3:13 PM

And this will make a huge difference...

are you using "average" to say Bama and Clemson both have average strengths of schedule, or "average" in the sense of their year-to-year schedule?

Average year-to-year

Jun 18, 2013, 5:23 PM

And I see what you're saying too, but I think taking into account the difficulty of the schedule in the first place means that you're assuming a one loss team with Clemson's schedule would have more than one loss with bama's schedule. This is what I meant by you can't have your cake and eat it too: either the schedule is more difficult, and therefore you will have more losses, or it's not and you will both have one loss, which in turn means you can't select the team based on the schedule difficulty.

Re: Average year-to-year

Jun 18, 2013, 5:31 PM

True...maybe they explain it more in-depth, but I don't care enough to look haha. I can't take 90% of the preseason polls serious, let alone guessing three years into the future.

Truth***

Jun 18, 2013, 9:53 PM

This is so stupid

Jun 18, 2013, 2:40 PM

This is why E$ecPN sucks

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For a complete list, log on to ESPiN.com Insider... KMA!!!***

Jun 18, 2013, 5:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson No. 13 in ESPN's CFB Future Power Rankings

Jun 18, 2013, 10:09 PM

I mean I can't totally disagree with this though. Alabama is head and shoulders above everyone else. Florida is a good QB and some offensive playmakers away from being almost at that level.

Clemson has a minor question mark because we will be changing QBs next year and Chad Morris may not be around in 5 years. Any time you change QBs and coordinators it's tough to judge. Personally, I think Kelly or Watson will step in and won't really miss a beat. I'd expect either of them to still throw for 3,000+ yards and about 28-30 TDs. I'm biased though.

Florida State has a young QB in Jameis Winston but if he's half as good over the next 4 years as ESPN is billing him to be Florida State will have their offensive cornerstone and could potentially make that national title run everyone tries to predict. Their defense is always good, they just need to find EJ Manuel's predecessor.

South Carolina is building a good team as well but without Clowney I expect the defense to drop off a bit. They will still be top 20, but not that dominant defense that they had last year until they get another big time playmaker on the defensive line. Their QB situation is still questionable. A two QB system almost never works out and I think Dylan Thompson is their best option but who knows if their future QB is on the roster or not. I think they got a 4 star commit last year though, so who knows.

Sounds about right but our lowest score is coaching ...

Jun 19, 2013, 10:55 AM

1) Nobody gives Dabo credit for being what he is ... a team recruiter of players and coaches and a team manager

2) They are writing Morris as being already gone and assumes Dabo can;t find lightning in a bottle twice

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic