Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
weirdest people and places you have seen Clemson stuff?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

weirdest people and places you have seen Clemson stuff?

Feb 16, 2014, 12:58 AM

I saw a very disheveled looking homeless man wearing a Reserve at Clemson t shirt in Denver once

saw a man with a Clemson hat in La Spezia, Italy but he did not speak english and I highly doubt he even knew what he was wearing.

what about you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: weirdest people and places you have seen Clemson stuff?

Feb 16, 2014, 1:25 AM

I gave away a bunch of Clemson shirts to my Russian friends when I studied abroad in Moscow, so there is Clemson gear floating around in different regions of Russia.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2014, 1:52 AM

I would bet that people from across the water can pronounce CLEMSON a lot better than most of these TV folks we have working our games. Its really irritating to me when they put those zzzz in Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2014, 1:37 AM

Saw a guy wearing a Clemson polo and visor in Hong Kong.

Bouncer in Amsterdam and a moped jockey on Corfu...***

Feb 16, 2014, 7:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2014, 7:16 AM

At a gun range, in Pennslyvania, on Valentine's Day night I ran into a Clemson guy while shooting with my brother in law.

Was at the North Rim of the a Grand Canyon last summer

Feb 16, 2014, 8:11 AM

Wearing my Clemson stuff, as usual. A foreman on the grounds crew approached me, and said he was Brian Dawkins' uncle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2014, 8:23 AM

While playing 18 holes in a local course in Fayetteville N.C. over last Thanksgiving weekend,saw a guy wearing a Buckeye hat( had Ohio State bag and head covers)playing a round with a guy with a Clemson bag ,and wearing a Clemson hat and sweater.
Wonder if they knew something we didn't!

Leftie, it might have been better that they didn't know

Feb 16, 2014, 9:36 AM

anything about our upcoming game...especially considering the "weapons" each possessed at the time! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger tat on the inside of...

Feb 16, 2014, 9:39 AM

a lesbian's thigh.

She was one of the nicest guys I'd ever met.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw where a guy named Lukeb

Feb 16, 2014, 9:40 AM

posted on a. Clemson message board....

made me wonder how they got the interwebs all the way to a basement in North Korea

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Saw where a guy named Lukeb

Feb 16, 2014, 9:47 AM

Saw a prostitute in Brazil with a tiger tattoo.

Feb 16, 2014, 9:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Our waiter at a Brazilian restaurant in Salt Lake City...

Feb 16, 2014, 10:25 AM

had an orange Tiger Paw tattoo on his forearm. We talked about Clemson awhile. He said it was his dream to see a game in Death Valley. He said he was from Brazil and had been in Salt Lake for ten years. He had seen the Tigers on TV several times and said he just fell in love with the Tigers. I thought that was pretty cool.

Saw a Clemson grad

Feb 16, 2014, 11:07 AM

Downtown Madrid at a strip club in the summer of '11.

Hong Kong market. US college sweatshirts for sale

Feb 16, 2014, 11:13 AM

and they had Clemson and usuc, along with ND and Kansas and few others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw some African kids on TV wearing SCAR 2010 SEC Champions T-shirts once***

Feb 16, 2014, 12:13 PM

Best Is The Standard

Saw a man in a Clemson shirt in a small town

Feb 16, 2014, 12:16 PM

In France called St. Malo walking the shoreline of the English Channel

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Retired engineering prof in Sedona, AZ wearing...

Feb 16, 2014, 12:19 PM

Full orange Clemson Tiger Sweatsuit. Saw him on a Saturday of a football game shopping with his wife. He was hurrying her along so he could get home to watch the game. He and his wife retired to AZ but really miss Clemson.

Feb 16, 2014, 12:40 PM

I thought I would also point out that they sell Clemson matryoshka dolls in street markets in Moscow and St. Petersburg. I have a set from 2006 that has Davis and Spiller, among others, and I gave my dad a set from 2011, when we were ACC Champions, that has Boyd and Dwayne Allen, among others.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lots of my German & Italian friends & family...thanks to me!

Feb 16, 2014, 1:07 PM

i lived there in Deutschland from 2000(6 mo.) & 2001 to '08 & moved back here just before football kicked off ;)

I saw Clemson folks on various occasions in Hannover. they were usually there around times for the LIGNA Messe fair dealing with forestry products & equipment, or this huge technology fair they have every year called CEBIT.
i was working once in an Italian fine restaurant & pizza delivery place near my neighborhood (Ristorante da Leo & Pizza Pazza) when my friend & colleague noticed some Ami (American) guys come in for dinner & saw he had a ring like mine. Needless to say i served them & translated & the guy had actually been in school with my brother who'd finished the semester before i started :)

Then when i lived in Stuttgart i met lots of Americans (military bases) & lots of Germans & other nationalities wearing Clemson stuff & always attempted to speak with someone when i saw it to find out their connection or story. they occasionally would have the jerseys, hats, & sports clothing with Clemson on it at the sporting goods stores, especially foot locker, etc...
but since i had a girlfriend & ended up marrying her (divorced) we also had lots of family & friends there that now sport the Clemson logo, especially since she graduated here as well. plus we got married in Taormina Sicily & i bumped into tourists there with Clemson gear who went to school there, also in Rome while driving down for the wedding that summer in '08 ;)

Clemson EVERYWHERE!!!

Go Tigers

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

Feb 16, 2014, 1:14 PM

lol...thanks for sharing!

ahhh, memories of Europe...

it's funny, but that was usually the case for me in Itay, HAHA...they usually never had a clue what they had on!
they just knew it looked good & was American (they like orange, this is not a stereotype) :)

Took a friend from Germany to a few games

Feb 16, 2014, 1:30 PM

when he was studying abroad here a few years back. He took a lot of Clemson stuff back with him, so I'm sure there is some Clemson gear in Berlin. I actually saw a guy with a clemson shirt on in upstate NY

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Took a friend from Germany to a few games

Feb 16, 2014, 1:41 PM

yeah, i've had quite a few visitors from Germany come to Clemson & South Carolina over the years & i always try to get them to come during football season to take them to a game. i at the very least give them tours of campus & my last family visitors in November (through my brother's ex) actually got a guided tour of the Calhoun mansion on campus, which was very educational & i'd never even done that myself.

they're always pretty amazed & impressed with Clemson football & tailgating...and they have some pretty heavy soccer tradition to compare to as well, but it just ain't the same ;)

Feb 16, 2014, 4:49 PM

I have the reverse scenario. I am an English Clemson Alum living in London, the look of surprise on Clemson Alum faces on vacation here, or American tourist's when they see my Tiger Paw and talk to me then hear my accent is priceless. Listening to Wccp at present just beat EMU 2-1 to start the season:)

brilliant! cheerio then mate! ;-)

Feb 16, 2014, 5:00 PM

i'm sure that does puzzle...i was always sort of expecting an American accent to reply when i spoke to someone too, lol...how silly of ME?!
more often than not though, i'd quickly find out they didn't even know English or catch what i was asking when i'd approach with a smile & a question in English (probably my SC drawl came out when talking to other Clemsoneers too, haha).

we've had lots of basketball players go pro in Europe! especially Italy...

Soccer also...Stuart Holden was in your neck of the woods.

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99® then again, you probably also hate it when somebody makes fun of the local dialect & one's accent...lol, perhaps so badly as some folks got ticked over jeopardy's portrayal of all us Clemson boys sayin' y'all! :)

Re: brilliant! cheerio then mate! ;-)

Feb 16, 2014, 5:06 PM

Bruce Murray went pro in Soccer (Football) back in my day. I was living in Fl at the time and did not get to see him play here. The power of the Tiger Paw is everywhere!!

1 of a kind!!!

Feb 16, 2014, 5:13 PM

the PAW says it ALL!

hope to make back to Europe to visit within the next year...was hoping for march/april, but can't honestly see that happening right now :(

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic