Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw it below but it deserves a re-post. Feaster promised CJ
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Saw it below but it deserves a re-post. Feaster promised CJ

Apr 25, 2019, 10:03 AM

He would live up to the number 28 on that jersey when Spiller said he would forego retiring the number
28 in lieu of the patch to satisfy Feaster's ego. I'm sure Feaster gave it his best but it is a little disrespectful to transfer.

It's just a matter of opinion but I think Feaster should stick around and prove he is the best running back at Clemson because if you look at it from the NFL perspective he just might be the best here.

After all, most backs in the NFL end up blocking vs blitzes and then running a quick pattern to bale out the qb when necessary. Feaster is obviously the better blocker and receiver.

Clemson is a great team but we aren't a pro team. If Feaster can't win a spot as a starter here at Clemson then how will he do trying to beat out the number one back on a pro team.

Finally I think Feaster might get more carries here even as the number two back than at a lesser school who gets less coverage in the media because Dabo obviously thinks a lot of Feaster.

Oh well, just my opinion.

Go Tigers and God bless Feaster, I wish you the best but if you transfer to the coots ...... that would not go over well at all imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw it below but it deserves a re-post. Feaster promised CJ

Apr 25, 2019, 10:05 AM

Reason number 10,000 we should never ever retire a number...only retire the jersey

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 10:08 AM

I don’t see it as disrespect at all. He’s been here 3 years, stayed out of trouble, made plays for us, and he’s in line to graduate.

Is it disrespectful when a player leaves after his junior year for the NFL?

Did Ventables disrespect Oklahoma or any of the players he recruited when he left them for us? If it’s ok for a coach to better his career and go elsewhere then why isn’t it ok for a player?

Don't see the disrespect

Apr 25, 2019, 10:15 AM

There will never be another CJ; bar was too high.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 10:21 AM

The man is leaving with 3 wins against the coots, 3 conference championship, 2 national championships and a Clemson diploma.

Godspeed Mr Feaster.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 12:31 PM

The man is leaving with 3 wins against the coots, 3 conference championship, 2 national championships and a Clemson diploma.

Godspeed Mr Feaster.

Hear hear. Well said. And still a Tiger too

Apr 25, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw it below but it deserves a re-post. Feaster promised CJ ]

Not to mention, arguably more important, he’s leaving with a Clemson degree and class ring.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I talked to CJ about it, he is ok

Apr 25, 2019, 10:27 AM

With it and only wants the best for Feaster. That guy is such a good guy. ..

Instead of getting all but sore over the decision of a kid he chooses to take the Christian route. That CJ is alright in my book.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 25, 2019, 12:12 PM

I just can't understand why people have to dissect a decision by a player. Can you transport yourself in his body and understand what he is thinking? If not then #### about it. That's his decision and his alone.

Apr 25, 2019, 1:58 PM

If I could transfer into his body, I'd just be overcome with the joy that I could pee freely!!!!

Well, he never quite honored #28 the way DW4 honored #4.

Apr 25, 2019, 1:16 PM

Steve Fuller was the GOAT of his time and arguably the Clemson GOAT QB until DW4 came along. DW4 lived up to the honor.

Feaster can't help injuries and great players coming in on his heels, so it is not an apples to apples comparison, but he never quite honored the number in the way DW4 was able to. Great RB though and I appreciate his time at Clemson and wish him the best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree. Feaster should do what he feels is best

Apr 25, 2019, 1:20 PM

for his future. He's a grown man with a lot of talent who has a chance to make millions of dollars playing football. I personally wish he had stayed at Clemson and think it would've helped him get a lot of attention, even if he weren't getting a bulk of the carries. However, he must do what he feels is best for him, and that shouldn't include what CJ thinks about how he's "represented" the #28 jersey.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 25, 2019, 1:23 PM

'If Feaster can't win a spot as a starter here at Clemson then how will he do trying to beat out the number one back on a pro team.'

He doesn't have to be the starter on a pro team. Most teams seem to platoon the position anyway. He is probably of the thought that being a feature back in college will improve his NFL stock.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to redefine "disrespectful"

Apr 25, 2019, 5:34 PM

Tavien has done everything the right way. He's been a team guy. Taken the back seat. Never said anything in the press or social media. And now we consider it disrespectful for him to think about his future?

I respectfully disagree. Taking CJ's number did not equate to being shackled to Clemson.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic