Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw Devon Hunter committed to the Hokies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Saw Devon Hunter committed to the Hokies

Jan 23, 2017, 12:27 PM

http://www.si.com/college-football/2017/01/20/devon-hunter-virginia-tech-hokies-commitment

Solid get for them. They're going to need the help in the secondary against Cooper's Cannon

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw Devon Hunter committed to the Hokies

Jan 23, 2017, 1:42 PM

This was a big get for the Hokies, no doubt.

Maybe bigger was flipping 4* linebacker Dylan Rivers from PSU to VT. Position of need for the Hokies, plus two big time recruits this weekend. Expect more (Becton, Garbutt, Porcher) over the next few days. All offensive or defensive linemen. Clemson proved one thing this year. You got to have the beef up front on both sides to win.

Someone made a post on VT's main board, Techsideline. Said that this must be how Clemson fans felt 5 or 6 years ago as Dabo was really getting it going on the recruiting trail that led to your NC this year. I'm not sure I am ready to go that far, but the momentum building in Blacksburg does remind me of the Michael Vick days, Beamer's heyday. Virginia kids are wanting to come to VT again, and that had faded over the last decade or so as Beamer aged. Teams like FSU, Alabama, and Clemson benefited from those kids leaving the state.

13 more weeks until our spring game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2017, 1:55 PM

Did we even attempt to recruit Devon? I hope so but understand his in-state ties.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2017, 10:03 PM

At one point there was a bit of talk about Hunter to Clemson but then it just died off big time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic