Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sav'ell Smalls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Sav'ell Smalls

May 7, 2019, 4:22 PM

Where do we stand with him?
I see he has us as his banner on twitter, but no movement in a while on 24/7...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sav'ell Smalls

May 7, 2019, 4:45 PM

https://247sports.com/Article/Picture-becoming-more-clear-for-five-star-OLB-Savell-Smalls--131696924/

May 7, 2019, 7:28 PM

He is good enough to be a Tiger and one of our great DE's. He has great his speed for a guy his size. The guy has great size, and when he has gotten the ball nobody has caught him. He need not wait around, though, because there are many (very many) elite players who see the light shining on what we have, and they want to be a part of it. I hope he doesn't pass up on the opportunity to become a Clemson Tiger, because it's a life changing decision he never will regret.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 7:29 PM

He's not a DE

This quote from the article sure sounds like he’s talking about Clemson:

May 7, 2019, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Sav'ell Smalls ]

“I want to find the best program to not only get me out in three years with a degree, but to also challenge me as a person so I’m able to become a better man. I started to think that the best step for me would be to do that away from home.”

null

May 7, 2019, 4:47 PM

Aren’t recruiting. Murphy and Burch only

May 7, 2019, 6:21 PM

DougJudy said:

Aren’t recruiting. Murphy and Burch only

He plays a different position from the other two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 9:05 PM

trust me he’s more recruiting himself to Clemson than Clemson is recruiting him.

May 7, 2019, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Sav'ell Smalls ]

They are most definitely recruiting him. He's an outer-linebacker and wants to move to the Southeast and Dabo's had him on a couple visits and they're one of his top choices. They had discussed moving him to defensive end, though if they get Murphy and/or Burch, they might leave him where it is. Clemson could use a superstar linebacker to help the rush who can also cover.

May 7, 2019, 7:40 PM

Reminds me of Tre Lamar. Not the fastest guy, hes wuick side line to side line tho. If he commits here ghe coaches gotta teach him to not let the olinemen have a open shot to his chest. In every clip where he was blitzing it was like he was running chest out. Also first step needs work. But he could definitely come in and contribute. I wouldnt be mad if he knly got as good as lamar did.

May 7, 2019, 7:57 PM

Just kind of keeping the irons warm, not really recruiting him heavily though. Smalls is listed as an OLB, but would play WDE in our system. Unfortunately, we’re only going to take 1 more DLineman (Murphy), unless Burch wants in, and I don’t know how good the chances of that happening are. If we were to take another LB, which is also not a given, it would be either Trenton Simpson or Justin Flowe. Smalls is well down our board, which is unfortunate because he’s a great player, we just don’t have room. Wish we had 2019’s numbers for 2020, we’d sign 10+ five stars

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic