Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun Watson "signing" ceremony Thursday at GHS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,334

Deshaun Watson "signing" ceremony Thursday at GHS

Nov 13, 2013, 1:19 PM

Just spoke to GHS secretary while picking up a form for my daughter. Deshaun and one of his teammates are having a ceremony tomorrow (Thursday) at 11:00 in the GHS lobby to publicize signing the financial agreement with Clemson. Can't find any link on local news sites. Didn't realize they could do this early, but I'm guessing GHS wants to have a public ceremony since they will be early enrollees and won't be part of the hype on NSD. Too bad I'll be in surgery before heading up for GT game.

My family has enjoyed watching him play these past four seasons. We have daughters in school with him, friends who have taught him and coached him and everyone talks about what a respectful, hardworking, humble young man he is. If you haven't seen him play in person, he is a huge competitor but his skills make it look easy for him. Perfect fit for our system. Hope Kelly and Stoudt play well enough in the spring for him to redshirt, add on some muscle, and get used to our system. Look forward to him in Clemson orange instead of Big Red with a "G" on the helmet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same thoughts about Watson as you..and yes, needs muscle!***

Nov 13, 2013, 1:24 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same thoughts about Watson as you..and yes, needs muscle!***

Nov 13, 2013, 1:26 PM

Financial arrangement doesn't equal NLI.

It binds the school to the player, but not the player to the school. Theoretically a player could sign many financial aid agreements with schools.

This only helps so that we can have unlimited contact with players that do this. (Kitt, Watson)

The fact that he wants to have this ceremony probably means

Nov 13, 2013, 1:34 PM

though that he wont announce in February. He'll just sign the thing and be done with it, no theatrics.

Hey, if any 4-5 star player was commited 2 Clemson, it's HiM

Nov 13, 2013, 1:37 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he enrolls at Clemson in January why would he have an....

Nov 13, 2013, 2:09 PM [ in reply to The fact that he wants to have this ceremony probably means ]

announcement ceremony in February then? There will be nothing to announce.

It's a pretty strong indication they're gonna to be Tigers

Nov 13, 2013, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Same thoughts about Watson as you..and yes, needs muscle!*** ]

Signing financial aid paperwork doesn't bind them by itself, but it demonstrates their sincerity and their intention to start classes at Clemson in January ... an act which will officially bind them to Clemson and long before National Signing Day.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a pretty strong indication they're gonna to be Tigers

Nov 13, 2013, 3:17 PM

> Signing financial aid paperwork doesn't bind them by
> itself, but it demonstrates their sincerity and their
> intention to start classes at Clemson in January ...
> an act which will officially bind them to Clemson and
> long before National Signing Day.

Tramel Terry and Demarcus Robinson both signed financial aid agreements last year...

Link?

Nov 14, 2013, 8:15 AM

I never saw that reported anywhere. Have you got a link?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't remember about Terry but Robinson never showed

Nov 14, 2013, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: It's a pretty strong indication they're gonna to be Tigers ]

for classes in January as I recall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,334
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic