Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Salaski
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Salaski

Jan 14, 2020, 11:37 AM

He was a beast with him getting ejected caused alot less disruption. Venables just didn't have the experience or the aggressiveness when he came in. I do believe it would have been a tighter game with him in there not saying we'd have won.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who??***

Jan 14, 2020, 11:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Salaski***

Jan 14, 2020, 11:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Salaski

Jan 14, 2020, 11:40 AM

It feels like he's going to be Boulware2.0 next year

Jan 14, 2020, 11:41 AM

I agree. When that hot happened... I said... he’s gone. And per the rules, it was the correct call.

I also said, this is gonna hurt. Guess we need a bit more depth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 14, 2020, 11:46 AM

Disagree with the per the rules line, read the rules. It is what it is, he got the penalty and not quibbling but unless he hit him in the head or neck its not "per the rules" ... I was at the game and we only got to see it twice but it sure looked like he hit him in the shoulder, last time I checked that's not the head or neck. Again, the call stood so it doesn't matter what I think, it only matters what the refs think.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 12:06 PM

It was targeting. Leading with the crown and launching applies to any part of the body, not just the head. That was even true with the original rule, but was then called "spearing." Spearing was incorporated into the current targeting rule.

Jan 14, 2020, 12:12 PM

https://www.si.com/college/2018/08/21/college-football-helmet-targeting-rule-explained

They said on TV last night spearing is spearing

Jan 14, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Salaski ]

Urban myth on in head neck area. Lead with helmet crown you are gone no matter the body part. I don’t know if this is true in the NFL also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Urban myth on in head neck area. Lead with helmet crown you are gone no matter the body part. I don’t know if this is true in the NFL also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Salaski ]

ncaa needs to clean up that rule a bit. I don't know how, but look at the impact it had on the CFP. Call me crazy, but both Wade and Skalski looked like "football" to me. Call spearing maybe, but the ejections seem a little over the top. Maybe they could sit the remainder of that drive or something...

Jan 14, 2020, 12:15 PM

I think incidental contact should be a regular personal foul an 2 personal fouls equal ejection. Deliberate should be automatic ejection. The hit last night should have been an ejection.

BV gave that LSU offense the biggest headache they've

Jan 14, 2020, 11:42 AM

had all year. Just wasn't enough. But he frustrated Burrows. Our defense played well enough to win. They had very little help from our offense, which was why we lost.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This.^^^

Jan 14, 2020, 12:53 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic