Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Said it before, and after tonights debate, I am even more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Said it before, and after tonights debate, I am even more

Sep 29, 2020, 10:58 PM

saddened. It is truly embarrassing that this once great country, with millions upon millions of possibilities to choose from as elected officials, could only come up with these two buffoons to run for the highest office in the land.

And what makes it even worse, since the blueprint has now been set by the Democrats under Trump, it really does not matter which one wins the election, as long as one house of Congress remains in control of the other party, there will be no useful legislation passed. The opposition Party will just torpedo everything that comes along on Party line votes.I have zero faith that the Republicans would not pull exactly the same kinds of crap that the Democrats have done for the last four years, trying to invalidate the results of the election because their particular puppet didn't win.

I doubt very much that ANY SINGLE Signatory of the Constitution would be pleased with where our Government has gone in recent times, or where it is likely to go in the near future, regardless of the outcome of this election.

I think we should just abolish political parties, and have everyone run as Independents. At least then, people would have to vote ideology, instead of party colors. SMDH

For what it's worth, which is nada, there is no doubt in my mind that Creepy Joe handily won tonight's debate. Trump more than shot himself in the foot at every turn by his complete inability to KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT WHEN IT WASN'T HIS TURN TO SPEAK. Just has he has a compulsion to get on Twitter at all times, instead of, here's a novel idea, RUN THE FRIGGING COUNTRY!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Said it before, and after tonights debate, I am even more

Sep 29, 2020, 11:04 PM

Sometimes he interrupted even when Biden seemed on his way to shooting himself in the foot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 11:07 PM

Honestly, I could think about voting Democrat this time around, if I didn't still remember what a huge mistake it was voting for Jimmy Carter the only other time I did. That'll probably be enough to get me through the rest of my life. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 9:49 AM

Biden is incompetent and Trump is evil. Pick your poison.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go back to Obama and GOP stopping legislation

Sep 29, 2020, 11:08 PM

or Mitch refusing to hear a House bill. I hate both parties but GOP has a slight edge in ruining our government.

76er...astute post & thoughts

Sep 29, 2020, 11:13 PM

and i too have thought about getting rid of 2-party system..

especially since Constitution never incorporated or recommended political parties and even President George Washington in his famous farewell speech mentioned this.

However, around 1787 or so they showed up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go back to Obama and GOP stopping legislation

Sep 30, 2020, 6:06 AM [ in reply to Go back to Obama and GOP stopping legislation ]

or Mitch refusing to hear a House bill. I hate both parties but GOP has a slight edge in ruining our government.

When it comes to stopping legislation, "the turtle" (i.e. Mitch McConnell) is just following the example set by Dingy Harry (i.e. Harry Reid).

The Senate was originally designed to be the more rigid, slowly deliberate legislative body and for good reason - to keep bad, knee jerk, reactionary legislation from becoming law. Like it or not - it has generally served us well since our founding.

Unfortunately, the Senate's intended role/function has been eroded starting as far back as 1913 with the passage of the 17th Amendment and is currently headed toward a cliff if a Democratic Senate majority gets rid of the filibuster as some Democrats have threatened. If that happens, the Senate will simply become "The House part two" and as such there will be no more adults in the room to put the brakes on bad/completely partisan power play legislation - especially if one party controls the House, Senate, and Presidency. In that case, our country will quickly devolve into a simple majority/one party rule that will completely destroy the last remnants of compromise that the filibuster typically forces upon the majority. I shutter to think of the long term implications for the USA and the reaction by the half of our society that become disenfranchised under such a scenario...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 11:14 PM

THIS **

"I doubt very much that ANY SINGLE Signatory of the Constitution would be pleased with where our Government has gone in recent times, or where it is likely to go in the near future, regardless of the outcome of this election. "

Not everyone is party driven

Sep 29, 2020, 11:15 PM

I do vote ideology and that's why I can't vote for Joe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not everyone is party driven

Sep 29, 2020, 11:27 PM

This was a hot mess in a dumpster fire. This was a pathetic display on both men’s part. Trump continued to talk over Wallace and Biden and Biden was not much better, calling Trump a racist, a clown and telling him to shut up. It truly is a shame that this is what we have to choose from. I think Trump hurt himself tonight. I don’t see Trump cutting into Biden’s lead among suburban women. Need a plan C.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suburban Women are voting for Trump

Sep 29, 2020, 11:29 PM

I live in the Suburbs and there are Trump signs and flags everywhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suburban Women are voting for Trump

Sep 29, 2020, 11:37 PM

I want the most conservative government that gets out of the way of our lives as much as possible. That is not the Democratic Party. However, by every objective measure, Biden is way ahead with suburban women. I’m not voting for Biden, but I honestly think Biden came off marginally better than Trump. It was a total disgrace. I’m surprised they didn’t wrestle or throw a few punches.

Sep 30, 2020, 1:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Not everyone is party driven ]

Just a simple plan for American growth for all Americans would be a better plan than either of those spiteful old men acting like kids throwing temper tantrums, and kicking sand on each other in a sandbox!!!

I agree that what we seen tonight was most embarrassing for a proud country that deserves a lot more than what we're being offered to guide us into our future. If what we seen tonight is the best we can have, our future is indeed gloom with a dark cloud hanging over what we have always believed to be the greatest nation in the world.

There needs to be a system for when Americans see we have made a mistake in choosing the candidates to lead our country, click delete for a do over bc, it's shameful that these two are our only two choices for a leader of our country!!!! This was sad to watch!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Not everyone is party driven ]

How anyone can give you a thumbs down for this post is beyond me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 1:49 AM [ in reply to Not everyone is party driven ]

That why i think you are and ####

Cheer up.

Sep 29, 2020, 11:20 PM

It's only going to get worse.

Sep 29, 2020, 11:27 PM

Wonderful exhibition of no-holds barred mud wrestling! Pretty pathetic on both sides.

I do find it curious that they talk about a peaceful transition of power when Obama and Hillary did just about everything in their power to de-legitimize Trump's election. That is a fact, and more and more evidence is coming out. Our institutions of non-elected officials (FBI, CIA, EPA, IRS (remember Lois Lerner) etc.) are rife with liberals who have become entrenched in the bureaucracy and work against who they disagree with politically. This comes from a close relative who is right in the middle of one of them.

Sep 29, 2020, 11:31 PM

76er® said:

saddened. It is truly embarrassing that this once great country, with millions upon millions of possibilities to choose from as elected officials, could only come up with these two buffoons to run for the highest office in the land.

And what makes it even worse, since the blueprint has now been set by the Democrats under Trump, it really does not matter which one wins the election, as long as one house of Congress remains in control of the other party, there will be no useful legislation passed. The opposition Party will just torpedo everything that comes along on Party line votes.I have zero faith that the Republicans would not pull exactly the same kinds of crap that the Democrats have done for the last four years, trying to invalidate the results of the election because their particular puppet didn't win.

I doubt very much that ANY SINGLE Signatory of the Constitution would be pleased with where our Government has gone in recent times, or where it is likely to go in the near future, regardless of the outcome of this election.

I think we should just abolish political parties, and have everyone run as Independents. At least then, people would have to vote ideology, instead of party colors. SMDH

For what it's worth, which is nada, there is no doubt in my mind that Creepy Joe handily won tonight's debate. Trump more than shot himself in the foot at every turn by his complete inability to KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT WHEN IT WASN'T HIS TURN TO SPEAK. Just has he has a compulsion to get on Twitter at all times, instead of, here's a novel idea, RUN THE FRIGGING COUNTRY!

Joe Biden stands for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! This guy would F’ up a One House Paper Route. He is Weak and will never go into specifics about any plans — because he doesn’t have any plans! He’s also a Puppet to China. He got Destroyed tonight! If Biden were “Elected”?, your taxes would go up, abortions would go up, he would shut the Economy down (Businesses). A Capitalistic Economy cannot survive 18 months being shut down!

Yea, true that Joe wouldn’t answer couple important questions asked.

Sep 29, 2020, 11:40 PM

And, as any candidate trying to unseat the incumbent, he can offer up idealism of what he’d like to do but that changes when the Congress & Senate get involved.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a sad, sad display

Sep 29, 2020, 11:41 PM

I'm going to feel awful voting for either one of these men.

I feel like just having a legitimate 3rd party could go a long way, but i don't know how that will ever happen because the one thing these two parties would actually agree on is that they don't want a 3rd. It would take tremendous pressure from the public for that to ever have a chance of happening.

Re: I'm going to feel awful voting for either one

Sep 30, 2020, 7:30 AM

This is a year I'll just need to take a deep breath and click on the straight party ticket and try not to think about some of the individuals included in that mixed bag.

Leave out the word "'creep" and that last paragraph is right

Sep 30, 2020, 12:06 AM

on!
"For what it's worth, which is nada, there is no doubt in my mind that Creepy Joe handily won tonight's debate. Trump more than shot himself in the foot at every turn by his complete inability to KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT WHEN IT WASN'T HIS TURN TO SPEAK. Just has he has a compulsion to get on Twitter at all times, instead of, here's a novel idea, RUN THE FRIGGING COUNTRY!"

Re: Leave out the word "'creep" and that last paragraph is right

Sep 30, 2020, 1:21 AM

Neither of those two grown kids are capable of running anything but their mouths!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 12:35 AM

Actually, our system of government works Exactly the way the founding fathers intended. The founding fathers understood that change, especially rapid change, was not good. People don’t do well with change. This is why culture wars are so nasty and so dangerous. Change should come slow and incrementally. Therefore, the founding fathers wanted there to be gridlock. They wanted everyone to have to agree for there to be real change.

Trump is being Trump. He’s being the Alpha and the bull in a China shop. I wish he would tone it down because it would get people that like his policies but hate him to vote for him. But he is what He is.

Frankly, Chris Wallace is coming across as kind of a liberal. Anyone that knows anything about critical race theory knows that it is anti-American Marxist anti-democracy anti-capitalism ########! Yeah but that’s what Democrats do. They wrap things up in these pretty packages like anti-fascism, anti-racism, but it’s all BS! What Trump should have done in that situation and he would’ve killed it is look straight into the camera and set America you all have smart phones. I want you right now to pull out your smart phone and I want you to google critical race theory. Not read what critical race theory is. If you believe in that vote for Joe. If you think critical race theory is ######## then vote for me! If he would’ve done that he would’ve killed it!

Trump also won big-time when he kept hammering Joe about support by the police. Because there has not been a single police department come out and say they support Biden or any of the Democrats. And if you noticed Joe shut up and did not want to talk about that topic and wanted to move on as quickly as possible.

I thought it was BS that Chris Wallace on a few occasions made points for Biden when he knows that Trump’s view is actually the more popular view on some of those things.

Trump also missed a great opportunity when Joe kept saying we’re not as safe. Trump should‘ve hit him hard by saying not only did you continue the wars of George W. Bush but you and Obama got us into more wars whereas I have been bringing the troops home and I’ve gotten us out of wars and not started anything new!

And the Democrats absolutely positively would not have shut down the country as quickly as Trump did when Covid first got started and they would have let the WHO and China say whatever they wanted.

The main stream media will probably say Joe won the debate because he far exceeded expectations and held up better most people thought he would mentally. And they will probably think he won because they’ll say Trump was a bully. But Trump has just been being Trump. For better or worse. Biden definitely lost points by refusing to answer a few critical questions And he looked bad repeatedly calling Trump names and being personal and insulting when Trump did not do any of that. But simply by exceeding expectations and Trump being a bully the main stream media is overwhelmingly going to say Biden won the debate.

Sep 30, 2020, 12:51 AM

“Chris Wallace is kinda Liberal”. If you look at his career, he is VERY LIBERAL! He has TDS bad!

LT, you are 100% right in that Trump is his own worst enema.

Sep 30, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Said it before, and after tonights debate, I am even more ]

Enemy as well. He just will not shut up, even when it obviously would benefit him to do so. Just as last time, my vote will not be cast for the individual, but for the hoped for economic gains during his future administration.

Anyone that wants Biden and our dems

Sep 30, 2020, 1:01 AM

Negotiating federal trade wars with multiple countries are missing facts. Anyone wanting Biden challenging Putin, China and North Korea in your future as an equal needs to check their interests.

But where in the Dem party do you find our future? Biden can go get his son another $500mil deal from China if want to give away our trade and money wars.

Re: Anyone that wants Biden and our dems

Sep 30, 2020, 1:46 AM

Cause t rump “challenges” Putin? Laughable

Sep 30, 2020, 1:49 AM

Or... we could not post political opinion here. Keep you B. S opinions to yourselves and instead focus on Clemson sports. Just a thought

Sep 30, 2020, 7:13 AM

While technically it should've gone into the politics and religion board, it wasn't posted in the football board. Quick question, it seems it's okay if you post your opinions (they are plastered all over the boards here recently) but you continue to chastise others for posting theirs. Seem pretty hypocritical to me...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 2:39 AM

Where is "Tricky"Dick Nixon when we need him the most?

There was a great comedy album put out along about the time

Sep 30, 2020, 9:20 AM

of Watergate, called "Richard Nixon - Superstar. David Frye's impressions of Nixon and Humphrey were spot on. Including the memorable

"I.....am not a Crook."

"Let me get a hit of that Roofer."

"Come on out, Nixon, you're surrounded!"

"Come and get me, you dirty screw!"

Sep 30, 2020, 8:40 AM

I suspect a write in of "none of the above " could do pretty well. Often you get choices that aren't great but this one is the worst I can recall since I've voted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2024 - if we make it that long - Nikki Haley

Sep 30, 2020, 8:49 AM

That is all.

Time for a Clemson alum in the White House - the orange and White House :)

I wish either she or Condoleeza Rice would run. Either of

Sep 30, 2020, 9:21 AM

them would be a Scott Bakula Quantum Leap better than what we are forced to choose from this time around.

Re: I wish either she or Condoleeza Rice would run. Either of

Sep 30, 2020, 10:10 AM

Too bad Mike Pence wasn't on the stage with Biden last night. He would have been respectful and a much better articulator of conservative causes. He will never be President as he is smeared with all that is bad about Trump. I'm very unhappy about the choice between 4 more years of Trump's demeanor and a calm Biden who will have to adopt many of the policies of the ever left moving Democratic Party. Mailing my ballot in against Biden, not for Trump, with one hand over my mouth another over my nose. Very ashamed of the display last night that rivaled some of the BS that goes on in 3rd world politics.

Why?

Sep 30, 2020, 5:05 PM

Was my post calling this debate a classic example of a dog and pony show removed??? That is exactly what it was!

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic