Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saddis56, hope this wasn't your daughter that had to do this.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Saddis56, hope this wasn't your daughter that had to do this.

Apr 10, 2020, 5:20 PM

Just saw on the news where a nurse had to sit with her patient while he facetimed his family to say his final goodbyes. She had promised him she would be there if needed and held his hand as he took his final breath. If it was, God bless her for being a great nurse in his final moments. I am thinking it was in the hospital she works in, i Joliet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saddis56, hope this wasn't your daughter that had to do this.

Apr 10, 2020, 5:29 PM

Boy talk about heartbreaking and heartwarming all in one.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 5:55 PM

These frontline workers need to have a week of recognition after this thing is over. I'm including doctors, nurses, aides, oderlies, ambulance drivers, EMT's, police officers, firemen, and the list goes on and on. You only see the face of politicians on T.V. but these are the ones who are winning the battles and fighting through fatigue while being away from their families. I salute you all and may God bles you and keep you safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2020, 10:04 AM

Police?

L.O.L.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 7:00 PM

I asked and she said it wasn't her and she didn't know because she was off today. It could have been at the other hospital in Joliet, St. Francis.

I'll give an update if anything changes. These stories and the things the hospital staffs are having to endure are terrible.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a side people never see. When my ex and I had to

Apr 10, 2020, 9:10 PM

say good-bye to our infant daughter, several nurse's, that looked after her, were there for support and to also say their good-byes. One nurse was off that day and came back when she heard just to be there with us. When Myfavjr. was born, several even came by just to say "hi" and check on us. You couldn't explain the feelings we both felt for these caregivers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a side people never see. When my ex and I had to

Apr 11, 2020, 7:34 AM

our daughter was a premie and spent a month in the hospital. She is in her 40's now. I think of the folks who cared for here for a month in the hospital. we've move and lost track over the years but they all were amazing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2020, 8:08 AM

Perhaps after all of this, we as a society will place more value on health care and the workers, education and the educators and compassion and the compassionate.

Apr 11, 2020, 9:26 AM

Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the direction this country is headed. It's all about seizing as much as you can for yourself as quick as you can and to #### with everyone else.

Health care? Education? Compassion? I'm grateful for these quality people and their professions but they don't reflect our direction as a society. Pray for our nation.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic