Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad if true....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Sad if true....

Mar 20, 2020, 12:29 PM

I've always respected Marcus Lattimore - just seems to be a really great yonng man of of high character. That being said....this story out of the State.....not sure if anyone has heard anything on this and if it's legit or not. If so, very sad and def case of racial profiling.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article241313576.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad if true....

Mar 20, 2020, 12:32 PM

Out of state plates, speeding, acting nervous. But muh racial profiling

Mar 20, 2020, 12:39 PM

Out of state plates and profiling just seems a crime in itself. They just make reasons for pulling people over. Then they rip the car apart.

Mar 20, 2020, 12:32 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Marcus-hanging-with-big-George-27021557#27021557

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Marcus-Lattimore-accused-in-Nebraska-27017120#27017120

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 1:38 PM

Lattimore was not accused but was suspected.

Take a look at the situation. He was leaving CO where marijuana is legal and driving back to SC with SC tags and probably in a more expensive vehicle than the average person drives. A long drive that most do not make. I highly suspect there are a lot of people who buy marijuana in CO and then drive home with it. I have read that CO's neighboring states are looking for those transporting marijuana when leaving CO and he was stopped in western NE, just leaving CO. If Lattimore's wife was acting nervous, then that would only heighten suspicions.

I would say he was a victim of circumstances - right or wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 3:57 PM

He was detained for supposedly trafficking 30 lbs of cocaine. Sort of blows up your marijuana theory, eh ?

Mar 20, 2020, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Sad if true.... ]

So that is what my tax dollars are being used for? To pay for officers to arrest people in one state for what they bought legally in another? Smh....

Mar 20, 2020, 1:05 PM

i was pulled over in OK for out of state tags, said i was weaving, but the wind was blowing maybe 40 mph

deputy stuck his big head inside the car and said, "how yall doin" lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 1:33 PM

Same thing happened to me in Oklahoma, Missouri, and NC or SC where the I20 comes in to 95. All 3 times I didn't get a ticket. They searched the car and let me go. Oklahoma trooper said I was too close to the shoulder. He called a drug dog in and then let me go. In Missouri a trooper pulled me over and said I looked tired when I drove by. I was yawning. Anyway, searched car, found nothing, then let me go. The NC/SC one I was pulled over going 5 mph over the speed limit...searched the car, etc etc, let me go with no ticket. I had California plates on my car all 3 times. They just profile. I was young back then with longish hair.

Mar 20, 2020, 1:25 PM

If this happened the way he says, sad doesn't begin to describe it. Disgraceful and racist would be better words. By association, it tarnishes good policemen who don't still have these hang-ups. It perpetuates "bad cop" stereotypes.

We'll see what comes up in the investigation.

There are two sides to every story...

Mar 20, 2020, 1:42 PM

and in my experience, the truth generally lies somewhere in the middle. The Lattimore's version may be entirely accurate but I'll reserve judgment until some dashcam video is released.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 20, 2020, 1:34 PM

I was treated terrible by a cop in Cootlumbia once upon a time all for just having a three inch straw in my vehicle like that’s indicative of anything and I’m white as snow no pun intended but it does seem to happen more to african Americans.

Mar 20, 2020, 1:38 PM

I got stopped by a Colorado Highway patrolman. He stopped me for doing 72 in a 70. He asked me all the drug investigation questions. (I know them, I am retired L.E.) It was a straight up profile stop, but not racial profile. I am Cherokee, but I look whiter than 90% of white folks. After he did his thing, I told him I was retired L.E., Swat, Narcotics, Vice. I told him I really appreciated him doing his job. We talked a bit. He thanked me and as he was walking away he said ,"rental car with Arizona plate.".
If I was black, I am sure I would have thought the stop was about race.

I got stopped by the FL Highway Patrol...

Mar 20, 2020, 1:50 PM

coming up I-95 on the way home from a bowl game. The officer said he saw us drinking and open containers.

Within a matter of seconds, there were two other officers on the scene who removed us form the vehicle and search both us and it.

No open containers. Not even so much as a Mountain Dew can, and no other violations either. The officer kept saying, "I know what I saw.".

He ended-up looking like an idiot in front of his colleagues and not one of them apologized for the inconvenience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I got stopped by the FL Highway Patrol...

Mar 20, 2020, 2:39 PM

You know you chewed up and swallowed the beer cans.

This was after the Gator Bowl loss to VT...

Mar 20, 2020, 2:48 PM

so I wasn't in much of a drinking mood.

Mar 20, 2020, 3:43 PM

Speeding??? That's what patrolmen do - stop you and check you out. Racial? No, don't think so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 3:56 PM

"The couple was on a cross-country road trip from Las Vegas to South Carolina"

I guess they were not taking the most direct route if they were going through Nebraska. Neither here nor there regarding the issues, just struck me as odd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic