Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad Situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Sad Situation

Sep 3, 2018, 9:53 AM

Good Team at Clemson. Good Town. Good fans. Good Coaching. TERRIBLE GAME MUSIC ! ( or NOISE I should say--it's not music at all ! ). How about some Beach, Oldies, Motown, Sweet Caroline etc. or nothing at all if what they are playing is all they have. Once again it's part of the "dumbing down of America--PATHETIC ! So flame away mentally ill folks that think this stuff is music.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad Situation

Sep 3, 2018, 9:54 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Old School, I'm soon to turn 60 years old, and I enjoy old

Sep 3, 2018, 2:07 PM

Motown and other old R&B groups. Shoot, I was actually on stage (drunk) with Bill Pinckney & the Drifters in the late 70's at a club in North Myrtle Beach.

That said, if Clemson was playing 40 year old songs in Death Valley my freshman year at Clemson in 1977, they would be spinning some early Harry James, Glenn Miller, and Tommy Dorsey hits. While I would have enjoyed those old big band tunes, my fellow freshman
would have thought they were in a Twilight Zone episode.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 9:57 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^"Get off my lawn!"^^***

Sep 3, 2018, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

For some reason 18-22 year olds don’t listen to The Drifters...

Sep 3, 2018, 9:59 AM

I dunno why. It’s mindbottling!

I mean, a little Earth, Wind, and Fire never hurt no one.

These kids these days!

And bring back the T-Formation while we’re at it, amirite?!?

~JKB

Re: For some reason 18-22 year olds don’t listen to The Drifters...

Sep 3, 2018, 10:02 AM

I agree with the T-formation also mixed with a lil I-formation and wishbone. That was REAL football !
As far as the Drifters go I think the young folks might actually like it and REAL music IF they ever actually HEARD any REAL music !

Sep 3, 2018, 10:05 AM

Single wing would be killer good with our personnel if we could get some blockers.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to For some reason 18-22 year olds don’t listen to The Drifters... ]

Mind if I borrow the word "mindbottling" for weekday use?

Sure! I didn’t invent the term, but use it all you want.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:11 AM

Will Ferrell and his writers will approve.

~JKB

Sep 3, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: For some reason 18-22 year olds don’t listen to The Drifters... ]

It's in the t-net dictionary, so it's free to use without approval. Otherwise, you might get landblasted.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:05 AM

It doesn’t matter to me one bit what they are playing.
I’m there to watch football and if the music pumps up the team, turn it up.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:06 AM

I pretty much just tune out any music in the stadium that isn't Tiger Band. I think minor league baseball still has some games remaining if you'd like to hear oldies at a ballpark.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:10 AM

Sep 3, 2018, 10:12 AM

There must be an epidemic. Same ole same at Uga. Now Notre Dame......knows how to run a football game. It's quite the production. The best I've ever been too. Great music to keep the fans alive and interesting videos on the board during TOs/breaks in action. They never miss a beat. There is never a lull in the game atmosphere. If you ever get the chance ....attend.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:14 AM

There must be an epidemic. Same ole same at Uga. Now Notre Dame......knows how to run a football game. It's quite the production. The best I've ever been too. Great music to keep the fans alive and interesting videos on the board during TOs/breaks in action. They never miss a beat. There is never a lull in the game atmosphere. If you ever get the chance ....attend.

did I mention that you'll get tired of people welcoming you to ND and thanking you for coming....even after a loss.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:16 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sep 3, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Sad Situation ]

We go there twice before they come back here.

So it is all about you.***

Sep 3, 2018, 10:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 10:36 AM

If we are going to get into name calling, this middle aged mentally ill person thinks you suffer from too much inbreeding.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I LiKE Beach Music but not at FB Games...

Sep 3, 2018, 10:39 AM

but this Beach Boys Tune might be appropriate~~>

Run, Run, Run!

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wing Right - Rollout Right.***

Sep 3, 2018, 10:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 11:00 AM

BA HUMBUG!!!

I thought the millennials were the "me generation" but the older folks continue to want things their way. I'll give you a hint, we don't get good recruits because we play music their parents like.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:51 PM

This guy gets it ^

Play it for the future of Clemson Football .

Earbuds in if you don't like the flow .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 3, 2018, 11:04 AM

It’s for the players and recruits, coot!

Oh brother...

Sep 3, 2018, 11:05 AM

Sep 3, 2018, 11:17 AM

Good Team at Clemson. Good Town. Good fans. Good Coaching. TERRIBLE GAME MUSIC ! ( or NOISE I should say--it's not music at all ! ). How about some Beach, Oldies, Motown, Sweet Caroline etc. or nothing at all if what they are playing is all they have. Once again it's part of the "dumbing down of America--PATHETIC ! So flame away mentally ill folks that think this stuff is music.

You are right on! I'm 28 and as a young guy and as a professional guitarist, I say bring some real music back! Something that has more melody and lyrics that we actually can understand/make out every word. Honesty, a lot of us also sit there in the stands hoping that there is nothing in these songs that we don't want our kids hearing. Even a variety would be better than nothing!

Sep 3, 2018, 11:52 AM

No Juan would come as far as students are concerned thats future fans ur losing

I tune out

Sep 3, 2018, 12:56 PM

Woo hoo....it makes me happy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

beach music??? sweet caroline???

Sep 3, 2018, 12:55 PM

uh....just no

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

It was cute when you posted it last month.

Sep 3, 2018, 1:05 PM

Now I cant help but think of how close minded you must be.
In the last week I've seen Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats, and the Punch Brothers live. They are stellar acts.
Granted they aren't going to be played at a Clemson game.. difference is I wouldn't suggest they should be.
Clemson games are awesome!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 3, 2018, 1:13 PM

If we’re wanting to class it up, I guess we should play some Mozart & Beethoven....??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 1:47 PM

Oh heyll , here we go again! No player, recruit, nor 99% of the fanbase in the stadium is going to get pumped up for a football game to the dammm beach boys, Conway Twitty or Willy Nelson! Give it a rest man! If you hate the music at the game bring an iPod with your stuff loaded from the 1920’s.
Yes, people still like that music, I like some of that music, but music at a football game is designed to bring electricity to the atmosphere. If we played the music you suggest, it would be like 50’s night at the old folks home. Just stop!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic