Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It seems with thier coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,840

It seems with thier coach

Jan 10, 2020, 5:59 AM

Who's a great fit, LSU will be around for awhile. Hope he's not a blame the refs guy like Ryan.

I think that will be fun.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’ll see when their 5th year QB goes pro

Jan 10, 2020, 6:12 AM

And Joe Brady takes off to be the OC at Oregon

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, to sustain success it helps to have a low asst coach

Jan 10, 2020, 6:21 AM

turnover for continuity similar to Dabo's model. Saban is one coach who has been able to work around a coaching carousel and still maintain excellence but that's more the exception than the normal. LSU has never been able to recruit good QBs for some reason and with Burrow they were fortunate to get him to transfer from OSU. We'll see how it plays out but I agree that Coach O much is much more likeable than Coach Day.

Message was edited by: Orange®

Message was edited by: Orange®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban's success is proof that there are many qualified

Jan 10, 2020, 10:12 AM

assistant coaches out there who can get the job done. I guarantee you Dabo has a book with names of coaches at every position ready to call when / if a coach leaves as well. Or, he is ready to promote from within if it is deserved. He will not be caught lacking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban's success is proof that there are many qualified

Jan 10, 2020, 11:11 AM

76er® said:

assistant coaches out there who can get the job done. I guarantee you Dabo has a book with names of coaches at every position ready to call when / if a coach leaves as well. Or, he is ready to promote from within if it is deserved. He will not be caught lacking.

Every competent coach has a list of guys he would want in case. Dabo is much more than competent.

Re: It seems with thier coach

Jan 10, 2020, 10:24 AM

In my unprofessional opinion , Joe Burrow and their new OC are a perfect fit . The student equals the master .
Sometimes you can repeat that chemistry with another QB and sometimes you can't .
I bet they lose 2 or 3 next season . Alabama at home , Florida and Auburn ( on the road ) are all going to be tough and Texas A&M is another team they'll need to look out for . They also host Tejas in the 2nd week .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 10, 2020, 10:43 AM

I hope they can build something. I am tired of Bama.

Just got a picture of Coah O trying to whine like lyin' Ryan

Jan 10, 2020, 11:01 AM

That's a funny picture.

Jan 10, 2020, 11:07 AM

McElroy said he is hearing Brady has and OC offer from an NFL team in hand.

Jan 10, 2020, 11:25 AM

McElroy said he is hearing Brady has and OC offer from an NFL team in hand.

Lotta teams, including NFL, are talking to his agent. LSU will pay him 1.5-2mil as needed to keep him. When asked if he would be at LSU next year he relied "Absolutely!" OTOH a few mil changes minds.

O got the HC job campaigning to take less in order to pay good assts more. When Jimbo offered Aranda 3mil, LSU kept him w/ a contract 10mil/4yrs. Raising a family in a great community is a positive here.

LSU AD said he will pay "Market Price" for his coaches.

Expect Brady to stay w/ promo to co-OC where he is very comfortable, and know that LSU has excellent coaches lined up to get jobs just as does Clem.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,840
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic