Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chuck Oliver of 680 The Fan really pissed off Richt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,052

Chuck Oliver of 680 The Fan really pissed off Richt

Dec 1, 2012, 11:39 PM

after the SECCG by asking him why UGA always "comes up short" on the big stage. https://twitter.com/kingcfb I honestly thought it was a good question since I listen to these guys often here in Atlanta and UGA fans do say this often when they call in. However, probably not the time to ask this question.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chuck Oliver of 680 The Fan really pissed off Richt

Dec 1, 2012, 11:44 PM

I'd ask about idiotic clock management and why he stands on the sideline looking like he doubled up on Nyquil before the game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban had idiotic clock management as well at the

Dec 1, 2012, 11:49 PM

End of the 1st half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Re: Saban had idiotic clock management as well at the

Dec 1, 2012, 11:53 PM

However, his idiotic clock management didn't cost his team the game and a National Championship bid.

It sure could have...he got lucky.

Dec 1, 2012, 11:55 PM

Other plays determined the game...both coaches screwed up clock management.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

You dont' throw the QB and coach under the bus by a

Dec 1, 2012, 11:51 PM

question that was that leading. Especially when Richt asked him was he saying it or other's? Oliver said he hears it everyday. Thats ridiculas. Oliver was way off base and especially at the wrong time .... Just my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You dont' throw the QB and coach under the bus by a

Dec 1, 2012, 11:57 PM

Bad timing, but he does get this question a lot on his radio show. I think he was just trying to convey the question. I can understand Richt's response given the adrenaline rush a coach must be on following a game, especially an emotional loss like this one.

I don't blame Richt for defending his QB; that's what a

Dec 1, 2012, 11:54 PM

coach should do. The question, however, while probably ill-timed, is a reasonable one that people have indeed been asking for some time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That clown is trying to say they deserve to be picked over

Dec 1, 2012, 11:54 PM

UF, UF has beaten LSU, A&M, SC and FSU, who is UGA's 2nd best win? Vandy lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I live in Atlanta too and I can't stand Chuck Oliver. I hope

Dec 1, 2012, 11:59 PM

they give him the silent treatment in Athens.

It was a chicken #### question. If you dont have the balls

Dec 2, 2012, 12:07 AM

to say, "I am asking XYZ", dont hide behind "other people". Journalist have to go for the issues, but that can be tempered by the understanding that people like Richt are highly skilled and effective people operating at the top of their profession, while local newsies are....not.

Know your place, be respectful, act like you deserve respect, and expect it. Dont be an ###. Bart and Chuck could learn this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,052
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic