Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SYR Now - but Louisville down the road
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

SYR Now - but Louisville down the road

Sep 12, 2019, 12:19 PM

For sure - it's Syracuse, Syracuse, Syracuse - before anything else.

But with Scott Satterfield @ Louisville now, things are better.

Card's schedule is certainly back-loaded, but when CU faces them Oct 19, Card's COULD come in 7&1 or 6&2.

So far:
Kent St (W...but tells us nothing)
Murray St (W...again, nothing)
N.Dame (L - but gave 'em a game for a bit)

Next up:
E. Kent (W...should be)
W. Kent (W...should be)
FSU ( W.....??)
BC (L...??; W...??)
Wake (W...??)

Then - COct 19, & things remain tough. UVA next @ Cards. Then Cards @ Miami. Then Chhhards @ NCST. SYR @ L-ville. Finally Cards @ UKY.hñ

It's possible for L-ville to get to a bowl in Satterfield's 1st season. Best scenarios could get them to 7, 8 -even 9 wins. Not a team for Tigers to overlook at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SYR Now - but Louisville down the road

Sep 12, 2019, 12:26 PM

The Tigers won't overlook Louisville. Dabo won't let them. Why do you think that this game against Syracuse is the only one that matters this week?
The Tigers didn't win 2 National Championships in 3 years by looking ahead to whom we might play in the ACCCG.
I wish more of this fan base would take the same outlook.

Sep 12, 2019, 12:28 PM

I know you are looking at Syracuse as the only game this week.I was trying to clarify our point.

Sep 12, 2019, 12:27 PM

I thought they represented themselves well that Monday night when they played ND.

Satterfield will certainly get them in a better place than they are now. You hope they have patience enough to keep him around until he can get it done. Won't be enough to really challenge what Clemson is doing now; but would be good for S.O.S purposes.

Cuse didn't tackle well versus Maryland - but the QB had 330 yards passing. Was 28-39 and a couple TD's. If their defense shows up and we aren't our A game they will be a handful. "Maybe"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 12:49 PM

Agree - HillRock ... Don’t overlook !! Also ....protect Trevor !! Don’t want another QB knocked out of the game against Syracuse !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Sep 12, 2019, 12:47 PM

I agree they looked better than I thought they would against ND, but I'm not sure where you are getting your schedule from . The already won against EKU, and not sure where Murray State or Kent St. are coming from. My guess is they are more likely to be 3-3 when we go up there to play them.

Sep 12, 2019, 12:48 PM

Beating 4 cupcakes and possibly FSU and Wake does not make Louisville a team to watch out for any more than any other low level team that we play this season.

Things are getting better because they couldn't get worse. In a few years maybe Satterfield will turn things around.

Sep 12, 2019, 12:53 PM

Lol ... you are correct TigersO!! When you are at rock bottom ... you can only go up ... unless - of course ... you stay at rock bottom.... -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Playing the likes of...

Sep 12, 2019, 1:13 PM

Kent State, Murray State, Eastern Kentucky, and Western Kentucky (talk about a creampuff schedule) will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prepare them to face Clemson. Frankly neither will FSU or Wake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 12, 2019, 1:48 PM

That is not their schedule. They didn't play Kent St or Murray St this year. Their first game was Notre Dame, second game was Eastern Kentucky.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic