Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
STARS ??..would you describe yourself as a 5 Star Clemson Fan OR...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

STARS ??..would you describe yourself as a 5 Star Clemson Fan OR...

Jul 23, 2018, 12:27 PM

a 3 Star with lots of Hunter Renfrow potential.

A good guide or indicator would be answering affirmative to many of these questions:

Are you an IPTAY member who financially supports our 400+ Clemson Student-Athletes..or donate to TigerNet..or purchase season fb tickets, or attend both home & away fb games..or wear Orange every day or sport a PAW decal on your vehicle or fly a Clemson flag at your residence..

or have a Tiger or PAW tatto where the sun shines!

I’m a high 2 Star with a lot of battle scars from almost 61 years of loving Clemson College (now Univ), going to Tiger-Town time after time with the joy of it being like my very 1st visit in 1957, attending twice (married 2nd time) to finally get History-Soc degree after funking chemistry twice & thus quit Pre-Med dreams, writing Sports articles awhile for student newspaper & interviewing Coaches Howard & Bob Jones & Bonnie Banks McFadden, carrying the Greenville News morning newspaper to married students living in prefab homes near old P&A bldg to help Dad pay my tution, seeing a Son attend exactly 30 years later, having 4 fb season tix for 25+ years until divorce, following the fb team to many away games & umpteen bowls while waving the 1st 3’x5’ Orange PAW cotton flag on a tall pole from 1977-1992 and thus being dubbed “The FLAG MAN” by our AID, getting to camp in 4 different RV’s on the little river area behind the baseball field from 1989-2001, supporting the upper deck fund raising program, purchasing 5 brick pavers in DV located near last tree just cut down so to honor 4 relatives, yada-yada etc.

Hey, after that long written harangue I’m changing my Star rating to a 3+ but with no upsize in sight!

How bout You Tiger, what Star # Fan are you?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: STARS ??..would you describe yourself as a 5 Star Clemson Fan OR...

Jul 23, 2018, 12:28 PM

3 star with 2 star potential

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brother with that resume you are 5 Stars******

Jul 23, 2018, 12:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always chuckle upon hearing someone introduced as

Jul 23, 2018, 12:54 PM

"A BIG Clemson fan"......my stock retort is: "There's only one kind"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah ... but do you have SEC speed ?***

Jul 23, 2018, 2:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 2:41 PM

A realistic even when the truth hurts type of fan

Jul 23, 2018, 2:57 PM

SEC speed is too slow clemchem

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 3:13 PM

Do alumni at least get a Participation Trophy? I love CLEMSON sports, but more grateful for my education that they provided to me. I wouldn't rate myself too many stars for sports.

5 Star Clemson Fan...

Jul 23, 2018, 3:18 PM

IPTAY member...check
donate to TigerNet...check
purchase season FB tickets...check
attend both home & away FB games...check
wear Orange every day... only on Fridays&GameDays
sport a PAW decal on your vehicle...check (on all vehicles)
fly a Clemson flag at your residence...check
have a Tiger or PAW tattoo where the sun shines...check (on hip)

Others:
Clemson Grad...check
Married a Clemson Grad...check
Own a tailgating ambulance in Lot 5...check (since 2005)

BTW, sounds like @lightbulbbill® is also a 5 Star Fan too!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.deathvalleytailgatingsquad.com/
http://www.twitter.com/dvts

I haven't been scouted.

Jul 23, 2018, 3:24 PM

Imma say zero stars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 3:43 PM

Really just a one star fan who probably has a different resúme then any one else, I’ve always been a huge Brad Brownell fan and have followed him around. Which obviously meant i was all in with Clemson Basketball, As time went on i fell in love with Clemson culture, and am a big Clemson Baseball, Basketball, and Football. Still love the Basketball team the most, but ill be a Clemson fan for life

Jul 23, 2018, 6:14 PM

Despite the fact that most Tnet folks have branded me a coot troll, I am and always will be a Clemson Tiger! That said, I would add a few other descriptive words for rating fan status. If you get choked up with pride every time you hear the Alma Matar, you’re a Tiger. If your heart rate speeds up when you hear the Band playing “Sock it to ‘me” leading into “Tiger Rag” and watch our boys running down that hill, you’re a Tiger. Finally, if just riding through campus and downtown takes you back to that special time when you were young and vital, you’re a Tiger. Stars matter I’m sure but just being associated with this university makes this 1+ star feel like a 5 star! Go Tigers!

Jul 23, 2018, 6:16 PM

I meant to type “Sock it to ‘em”....darn corrective text!

Maybe 3 star, but you became 5 star when it mattered

Jul 23, 2018, 9:13 PM

!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic