Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SPACE FORCE!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 781

SPACE FORCE!!!

Jan 24, 2020, 9:26 PM

Yeah, this is not trending well on Twitter. When even The Guardian is making fun of you, you've probably, uhm, maybe not thought things all the way through.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/24/trump-unveils-logo-for-starfleet-er-space-force-and-trekkers-take-to-twitter

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually it was probably stolen from

Jan 24, 2020, 9:52 PM

This which was accused of stealing from Star Trek when it came out but a stylized rocket is pretty much going to look like that.

The thing that deservedly got mocked more soundly were the official space force uniforms in woodland camo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

But when they logo came out it was 1982, and Trump wasn't

Jan 25, 2020, 8:35 AM

President. And internet memes, much less the internet, even existed to sneer and try and score political hay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

camo is correct

Jan 25, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Actually it was probably stolen from ]

for the current planet of operation

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought all those Trekkie virgins were busy entertaining..

Jan 24, 2020, 10:11 PM

Solimani.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SPACE FORCE!!!

Jan 24, 2020, 10:41 PM

I know it sounds silly, but space is undoubtedly the primary domain where wars will be fought within 20 years, as all new, innovative weapons are entirely dependent on space. Competition for space dominance will determine geopolitical dominance on the world stage. I’ll even go so far as to say that WWIII will start with a preemptive “Pearl Harbor” strike on the US’s space assets in an attempt cripple the US military’s war fighting capabilities.

I’m active duty Air Force, and we already have a Space Command. No one challenges the need for a dominant Space Force - the debate is whether to keep it as part of the Air Force or to give it its own branch.

Definitely keeps the comedians and late nighters employed, but soon wars will look nothing like they have for the past 100+ years. JMHO

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure hope not. Just a few dozen satellites explode to

Jan 25, 2020, 8:38 AM

bits and that's the end of space. Imagine a "battlefield" where you have to go clean up everything bigger than a grain of sand.

It's already a minefield up there and a "war" up there would make satellites unreliable. Spaceflight almost impossible as well.

Whatever we use to "fight" up there, it better be a laser or something that doesn't produce any explosion or shrapnel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sure hope not. Just a few dozen satellites explode to

Jan 26, 2020, 7:49 AM

You're talking about Kessler Syndrome - basically, wide swaths of orbit being unusable due to cascading collisions of space junk that then destroy still more stuff and create even bigger swaths of space junk that will hole anything it encounters. It was the premise of that movie "Gravity" with Sandra Bullock a few years back.

There's a potential solution coming - they call it OSCAR. They'd better do it soon, though, because stuff is getting (potentially) out of control.

https://www.space.com/space-junk-cleanup-cubesat-oscar.html

Why blow them up with a virus will shut them down?***

Jan 26, 2020, 12:06 PM [ in reply to I sure hope not. Just a few dozen satellites explode to ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2020, 11:14 PM

Just wait until Iranian space terrorists hijack the International Space Station, nobody will be laughing then.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re acting like Trump drew the fking thing himself lol

Jan 25, 2020, 12:05 AM

Grow up

And another thing...

Jan 25, 2020, 12:25 AM

Why weren’t all these *******s complaining about the original Air Force Command logo that’s been around since 1982? I don’t seem to remember the snowflake brigade paying this any attention back then, but it’s an OUTRAGE today. It’s almost funny, save for the fact that these people have no idea how absolutely stupid they look.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_Space_Command

Re: And another thing...

Jan 25, 2020, 6:43 AM

MemphisCat said:

Why weren’t all these *******s complaining about the original Air Force Command logo that’s been around since 1982? I don’t seem to remember the snowflake brigade paying this any attention back then, but it’s an OUTRAGE today. It’s almost funny, save for the fact that these people have no idea how absolutely stupid they look.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_Space_Command

Sigh. And you say liberals get "triggered".

There's a difference between laughing out loud at something and being outraged by it. Those are, uhm, very different emotions. I suspect you're confused largely because you seem to emote only in various shades of rage.

For the rest of people...When you try to call something "Space Force" with a straight face - especially when it's still based on Earth - and then cut-and-paste the Starfleet logo for it, you're going to have people laughing in your face.

Jan 25, 2020, 7:17 AM

The Guardian is routinely critical of the US...not sure why this is surprising

Jan 25, 2020, 7:26 AM

cashmoney said:

The Guardian is routinely critical of the US...not sure why this is surprising

They normally take themselves - and their headlines - much more seriously.

They are English, after all. And Guardian does Most Important and Serious Work.

Jan 25, 2020, 7:43 AM

They’ll take any opportunity they can to be critical of Trump. No surprise. Went through 4 pages of google news results from The Guardian on Trump before finding one article that wasn’t negative.

Jan 25, 2020, 1:57 PM

The space shuttle Enterprise stole its name from Star Trek! I’m so upset!!

Midway doesn't seem to complain.***

Jan 25, 2020, 2:32 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 781
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic