Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation

Jul 17, 2018, 10:10 PM

Typical Dabo. Respect the heck out of him for what he has accomplished and what he represents....

With that being said if he starts KB over Lawrence he knows nothing about the QB position. Did y’all really think he would start the best player lol? Dabo would start KB over Tom Brady. His loyalty is unreal for the guy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation

Jul 17, 2018, 10:19 PM

LoL...the second best coach in college football yet you know more than him about how to run a team? Perhaps you should not jump off the ledge based on coach speak at a media event.

Jul 17, 2018, 10:22 PM

I smell chicken. But this troll will get 30 replies agreeing with him

Jul 17, 2018, 10:27 PM

I’m not a troll. I’m an alumni. KB is pitiful

Jul 18, 2018, 12:21 AM

Leading your team to the #1 seed in the CFP is hardly pitiful.

Jul 18, 2018, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation ]

You are an alumni? Lol. You don't seem to know the definition of alumni. I'm guessing coot.

Re: Drinking the Koot Kool Aid***

Jul 19, 2018, 11:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation ]

Alumnus-male graduate, singular
Alumna-female grad, singular
Alumni-male grads, plural OR male plus female grads (most common usage)
Alumnae-female grads, plural
Common vernacular utilizes alumni for any of the above and people drive intended meaning from context.

Jul 18, 2018, 12:30 PM

*derive, not drive

Jul 19, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation ]

common vernacular is not necessarily correct.

People thought the earth was flat and some people still do.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Technically

Jul 19, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation ]

you are an alumnus or an alumna at that time of the month.

null

Jul 17, 2018, 10:21 PM

fortunately posters on Tnet have a better grasp of the QB competition.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where were u coaching when u won the National Championship?***

Jul 17, 2018, 10:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which national powerhouse did you build? And if kelly bryant is

Jul 17, 2018, 10:30 PM

As bad as you think, amazing job to win as many games as they did and lead the team to the playoffs don’t you think? My guess, Dabo knows exactly what he’s doing. Built this program brick by brick so that it’s here to stay. And you question his knowledge?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which national powerhouse did you build? And if kelly bryant is

Jul 17, 2018, 10:45 PM

Yes. We cannot win it all with KB. I could care less we made the playoffs last year. We didn’t win it all so it doesn’t matter

Jul 17, 2018, 10:50 PM

And I couldn’t care less about your ridiculous opinion.

Jul 17, 2018, 10:56 PM

That’s fine. It’s a message board. People post their opinions. You cared enough to respond so you obviously care

So you could care less

Jul 17, 2018, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Which national powerhouse did you build? And if kelly bryant is ]

How much less could you care?

Jul 17, 2018, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Which national powerhouse did you build? And if kelly bryant is ]

So by that logic we have only had 2 seasons that ever mattered in our history of playing football...

Please tell me I misinterpreted your exact words & we have had many other seasons that mattered.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Jul 17, 2018, 11:43 PM

Just ask yourself one question and answer it honestly...was Clemson's main division rival ( the main team that annually decides with Clemson who goes to the ACC-CG) their normal undefeated or 1 loss selves as they have been the last at least 5 years when they met?

Once you realize that very important aspect to making it to the ACC-CG (without, no playoffs), ask yourself....If they had been their normal ( which would put them undefeated in ACC play, the one loss possibility is Alabama), would KB's 151 yards passing, 0 passing TD's been enough to beat them if they had a more competitive offense on the field like they usually do? Would they have been the same falling apart, discoursed team...mad at their coach?

Jul 17, 2018, 11:52 PM

The offense doesn’t don’t need KB to throw for 300 yards. They ran for 227, meaning KB didn’t have to try & throw it all over the field.

Stats can be misleading. When you have a short field from a turnover or are running the ball decently, there’s no need the throw it every down.

However, my reply was to the OP saying CU didntvwimt it all last season, so therefore it didn’t matter. And that is issue ##### & he’s a bloody tosser for thinking that.

Jul 18, 2018, 12:00 AM

They might have...I guess you don't get the point. An undefeated FSU wouldn't have allowed those runs, which were mostly by the RB's. An undefeated FSU wouldn't have been in discourse with each other and their coach. An undefeated in ACC FSU would have had lots to play for, and that game wouldn't have gone nearly the same way if they had a sparked and undefeated in ACC offense with Francois at the helm... And it wouldn't have had an interception off a true freshman Blackman with the game 14-17 either. In fact, that score may have been flipped the other direction, and we easily could have lost it. Know what that means...uh oh, bye ACC-CG, since there were no ACC games left after that one...oh, wait, no title, no playoffs.

Jul 18, 2018, 12:08 AM

I do not really play the “what if” game because it’s irrelevant in my mind. Every game has moments where had a play gone differently or the ball bounced another way the outcome is different. There’s too many of those moments in a season that can change it all.

I realize FSU was down last year, but that doesn’t mean our win was any less or we wouldn’t have played the same. If it was a more powerhouse FSU team I’m sure the coaches would have gameplannedfor it. But they didn’t have to, so the running game took precedence.

Jul 18, 2018, 12:16 AM

Why not? We might face it next year... You do know Francois is back, right? You do know they have a new coaching staff the players love... They are re-sparked mentally. You do know we've never played against a Taggart team and could have issues with things they decide to throw at us they have not done all season (like several teams have done to Clemson... Syracuse, Pitt). So why not play what ifs... That could be the reality of next season if KB has not improved and they are better than some expect and look back to themselves. It's not like they just all of a sudden lost their talent. And I'm quite sure they aren't going to just let us run all over them two years in a row and not have to throw. Do you think that'll happen again.. Keep in mind, could cost us the ACC-CG depending where they stand in the Atlantic.

Jul 18, 2018, 12:21 AM

They have to play us too. Taggart has never played CU. He could have issues with things we throw into the mix during a game. Francois has played CU once before & barely survived the game.

But I fail to see why you are making this into a KB debate, as I have said nothing negative or positive about the kid. I merely gave a stat.

Once again, my original reply was tobtje OP about us only have 2 meaningful seasons based on his assessment the last year did my matter since we “didn’t win it all.”

If you are trying to debate the pros & cons of KB v. TL, please find someone else. I won’t join that itregardlesss of my thoughts.

Jul 18, 2018, 12:26 AM

It's pointing out that last years results really don't matter as much when you factor in he played against a down FSU. It's not the same as beating them and going to the ACC game with them only 1 loss behind. I'm showing you why he likely says that... Not that he is tearing down every year. But it is a fact that plays into where we got vs why it happened in the first place, and whether he thinks if they were normal, could KB be there guy to lead us there. That one factor could have made last year a year of no playoffs.

Jul 18, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Which national powerhouse did you build? And if kelly bryant is ]

WOW that's a lot of if's What if the two pass interference's had been called that was a 14 point swing. What if Cain had not dropped a wide open pass that would have led to at least 3 points would bama had won ????

Who cares if FSU was worth a crap last year what does that have to do with anything ? What if Auburn had been healthy and beat UGA ?? IF IF IF

You are pitiful

Jul 18, 2018, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Which national powerhouse did you build? And if kelly bryant is ]

How much more could you care less ? If being one of the 4 playoff teams isn't a great enough accomplishment to you , then maybe caring less is what you need to go ahead and do . In fact , care right on down to ambivalence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 18, 2018, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Which national powerhouse did you build? And if kelly bryant is ]

You don't care if we make the playoffs if we don't win it all? Ofcourse we all want to win it all but be happy we are a top 4 team and enjoy it. It was not long ago we were happy to win 9 games and make it to the ACC champ game and/or a decent bowl.

Is just making the CFP this year

Jul 18, 2018, 7:47 AM

Considered beating expectations? Last year I think you’re totally right that making the playoff is better than most of us (and most of the country) thought we were going to do going into the season and I’d call it a successful season to be proud of.

But with this year’s team if we lose in the semifinal again, I’d say most would be disappointed as this is a national championship level team.

Re: Is just making the CFP this year

Jul 18, 2018, 7:57 AM

I think we are good enough to win it , but that is TBD .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 18, 2018, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Which national powerhouse did you build? And if kelly bryant is ]

Your win at all costs attitude is totally what is wrong with posts such as yours! The team you supposedly support happens to consist of college age young people with their lives ahead of them and you make such a stupid comment!! They read this board too. So you are discounting the entire effort the team put into a season which put us back in the CFP? You obviously have no clue what it takes to simply get there in the first place.

I've been following and supporting Tiger football for almost sixty years and seldom have I witnessed such a poor display of understanding. I strongly recommend you get your priorities in order before posting again. The players and staff deserve better, despite what you think.

Go Tigers!

Jul 19, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Which national powerhouse did you build? And if kelly bryant is ]

You could care less?

So you really aren't upset, just trolling?

What did you major in? Certainly not English.

null

Jul 17, 2018, 11:04 PM

You must have read his comments from will’s article on tci. If so, I can understand your frustration. But if you followed d hood thread today and listened to what Streeter said your thinking would probably be different. To say anything less than kb is the starter out of spring would cause dicension on the team and that’s the last thing you want.

IMO a lot of these articles should not even be written or spoken about. I think, again imo, it’s getting overlooked that Dabo said he feels he could win with all three qb’s. That story seems to be forgotten and I really feel bad about Chase. Wouldn’t shock me if he didn’t transfer at some point... especially after reading will’s articles quoting Dabo as saying if Tlaw wins that kb would still play, and didn’t mention anything about Chase.

We mess around and create this crap, you may end up with one qb and #2 qb will be batson. Far fetched? Maybe not. Trevor Lawrence ain’t no drama queen and he sure won’t stick around if it turns into that.

Message was edited by: kerigantoo®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 12:09 AM

I disagree, watch the Louisville, VT, and SC games last year. All played on the road and KB played well as a FIRST year starter. We all know what TL potentially brings to the table, but KB has proven it and there’s something to be said for that.

Personally, I think we see both QBs play early and one of them will rise to the top.

Jul 18, 2018, 12:38 AM

I respectfully disagree with you. Cole Stoudt would have most likely had the same record as kb last year. Hj or chase could have started day one and had the same record... maybe better. The D won us the games. Honestly, it didn’t take much from a qb standpoint.

I really think it’s simple. We have Trevor for three years, and quite possibly three nattys with him. You got to give the man the ball and say go get it young man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point

Jul 18, 2018, 7:32 AM

I think a lot of the people bashing someone for saying TL should be the starter are taking it as a knock against KB when in reality if you believe in the “best player will play” attitude that so many preach, why does that not apply here?

If we don’t have a historically great defense last year, do you really think we make it as far as we did? The deficiencies were pretty glaring in the Sugar Bowl of the limitations of our offense and certainly not all of that is on KB as there is plenty of blame to go around. But it did show his limitations in terms of stretching the field with his arm and if the goal is to win a natty, that’s something we’re going to have to do to beat Bama who will likely be standing in our way again (with a much better QB than Hurts who was equally as ineffective against our defense).

Jul 18, 2018, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation ]

No doubt our defense was our main driver last season, but I think it's unfair to say they were the only reason. The defense came out and dominated in the Louisville and VT games, but our offense got started early on, and those games were over quickly. How different might those games have gone on the road if our offense struggles from the start, and doesn't put them away? How different would the NC State game had gone if our offense didn't score 38 points considering we gave up 31? Yes you can give several examples of games we probably lose without our defense playing so well, and I'm not debating that. I just don't like acting as if we could have put anyone at QB and gotten the same results.

Jul 18, 2018, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation ]

Why do people keep saying to go back and watch KB's 2nd least completion game of the regular season (NC State being the only one worse)? VT was a good game, for the running backs... For KB in the passing game, he had 57.1% completion in that game and didn't even break 200 passing yards...it's a good example of his inconsistency.

If the people saying that game would actually go back themselves and rewatch it, they might start to see the sailing passes we all keep trying to point out when discussing his issues from last season... Like these two in the first drive alone.

I don't profess to be smarter than the coaches but if you

Jul 18, 2018, 9:13 AM

want to talk stats from a game late in the year

K. Bryant
23-29, 252 YDS, 1 TD

vs Miami in the ACC Championship game -

Water the Point Tree

Jul 18, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation ]

I see pass interference on the first one !!!!!!!

Jul 18, 2018, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation ]

https://youtu.be/Mz4P7iNTTd8?t=4826

Jul 18, 2018, 7:07 AM

Like most everyone on here I believe TL will be the guy. Keyword will be not is. Yes he looked great in the spring game yes hes a better talent than KB. All that being said hes never taken a live snap yet. He hasn't faced a college defense ready to decapitate him. I trust in Dabo and so should you. Yeah we didn't win the natty last year but still won 12 games and made the playoffs as the number 1 seed. That's not a bad year. KB deserves our support hes definitely earned it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 7:49 AM

Yep. He’s going to stick with his loyalty for a senior quarterback and he has to know deep down that it’s going to limit the team so to me he’s just not as loyal to our defensive lineman who all came back to win a national championship and won’t if Kelly starts all year

Jul 18, 2018, 7:58 AM

what do you goobers not get. kelly will start the year as a starter. doesnt mean he will be the starter the whole year. he!! he may not be the starter against furman. guess all you hand wringers missed the part where dabo said kelly would play even if trevor won the job. chances are we will need both of them this year. what if god forbid trevor gets injured. he has never played a down in college. we may need kelly in the game with his head on straight.

Jul 18, 2018, 8:24 AM

Start Trevor Lawrence and if he gets injured then you got the best back up quarterback in the country. If Kelly doesn’t start and that messes with his head and confidence so much to the point where he can’t produce if he does get an opportunity, then he’s not emotionally and mentally tough and won’t take us any further than last year. There is no way we should limit another season with what could be the best defense ever. 3 and out, TL to Higgins. 7-0.
3 and out again. TL to amari Rodgers. 14-0. This is how it can go but this will not happen if Kelly starts we don’t score points

Jul 18, 2018, 8:57 AM

AGAIN, WHAT PART OF DABOS TALK DID YOU MISS. HE SAID THAT IF TREVOR WON THE JOB KELLY WOULD ALSO PLAY. AND ONCE AGAIN WE WILL NEED BOTH QB'S PLAYING WELL TO WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR.

Jul 19, 2018, 10:24 AM

I know what Dabo said. They'll both play, but TL needs to be play more. He needs to start. I don't know why KB has to play if TL is ready, what's the need for KB to ever throw another pass at clemson aside from mop up duty?

Jul 18, 2018, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: SMH at Dabos comments on the QB situation ]

Your idea to start TL and comment, "if he gets injured then play KB...." shows your utter ignorance! I would ask you to consider the entire picture. Do you start a new employee on the job with extremely limited experience as opposed to a two year veteran employee just because you think the younger newbie can immediately know EVERY ASPECT of the job better than the more experienced one? I certainly would think not based upon the entire set of circumstances!

If smart you work the freshman into the picture game by game. That is what Dabo and staff intend to do unless KB is injured or cannot complete downfield passing on a more consistent basis to their satisfaction. I suggest you pay attention to the various remarks from yesterday's interviews before second guessing the entire staff.

Go Tigers!

Jul 19, 2018, 10:26 AM

The coaches can say what they want to. Hasn't every coach always said the job is "up in the air".
Dabo also said Schuessler would get a fair shot at the starting job lmao
It's just what coaches say. I don't care about their interviews.
BOTTOM LINE IS IM SAYING HE WILL START KELLY BRYANT AND NOT BECAUSE HE'S THE BEST QB.

Jul 18, 2018, 8:09 AM

"I say fire Dabo. He's obviously a hack, pretending he has a clue about college football. If we'd had decent coaching last year we would have beaten Alabama. But no!!!! We get stuck with this clown who hasn't even figured out what matters in terms of keeping his job. I say can the huckster and let's get someone in here we can trust to make "objective decisions" about our talent. The end is clearly in sight if we can't get out of this foolish contract with Swinney." Perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration but some of you guys need to get a grip on yourselves. Most have never played a down of college football and almost assuredly none have coached at the collegiate level. We're in the midst of the "winningest era" of Clemson football and all you can think of is that our coach is too stupid to play his best players. Talk about arrogance. I think you have an overly high opinion of yourselves. You have all the answers to every loss yet fail to recognize that every call is easy when you have a hotdog in your hand. I have complete confidence in Dabo and the Staff. They will play the best players and they will do everything in their power to equip and motivate them to win. The rest of the world recognizes Dabo as at least the 3rd best coach in all college football. So cut him some slack and trust the system. I've been a Tiger for 60 years and can say authoritatively, "If you aren't happy with Clemson now, you won't ever be happy with Clemson." Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 8:09 AM

Typical Dabo. Respect the heck out of him for what he has accomplished and what he represents....

Either a coot or very entitled. 12 wins, stomping the coots and an ACC title is quite the accomplishment

With that being said if he starts KB over Lawrence he knows nothing about the QB position. Did y’all really think he would start the best player lol? Dabo would start KB over Tom Brady. His loyalty is unreal for the guy

I'll take "Typical Dabo" over "Typical Coach _______"

Jul 18, 2018, 8:12 AM

Fill in the blank with pretty much any coach not named Saban... and it's pretty close with Saban.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It ain't close and especially with Saban...***

Jul 18, 2018, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is saying exactly what he needs to say.

Jul 18, 2018, 8:36 AM

If you expect him to come out and name Trevor Lawrence the starter you're a fool. That doesn't mean Trevor Lawrence won't play a lot early. It doesn't even mean he won't take over during the Texas A&M game like Watson took over during the FSU game. There's just no reason to publicly oust Bryant right now. It would do so much more harm than good.

Agree with this

Jul 18, 2018, 10:33 AM

Especially with how thin we are at QB, you can keep saying KB is the starter. But we’ve also seen this staff keep riding Cole Stoudt when it was pretty obvious that Deshaun was the guy.

I think Kelly has earned the right to go into camp as the starter, I just hope that’s where the loyalty ends and when it comes to putting the best team out on the field, the best QB on the roster is the one that gets trotted out.

My fear is that our team is so good and the schedule pretty soft that we can cruise through the regular season regardless of who is at QB which would lead the staff to not make a change until it’s possibly too late.

Did you ask Jake B before you posted this?***

Jul 18, 2018, 9:10 AM

Water the Point Tree

Jul 18, 2018, 11:07 AM

Curious reference to Tom Brady. If you will recall, the greatest active coach in the NFL, Bill Belichick, when presented with essentially the same situation, chose to start Drew Bledsoe over Tom Brady until Bledsoe got injured.

You think TLAW knows the playbook better than KB right now?

Jul 18, 2018, 11:16 AM

Which is why KB holds the edge (right now.)

Cole Stoudt started against UGA and (a half against SCstate and 1 qtr against FSU before Deshaun took over.So not even two games really did Cole Stoudt play over deshaun. Dabo will do the same here if TLAW proves he can be trusted with play calls and offensive chemistry and def. scheme recognition. ITs alot to learn dude.

Ya'll are remedial.

Jul 18, 2018, 11:47 AM

Loyalty to a senior is the only thing that will keep us from winning the national championship this year.

Jul 18, 2018, 11:48 AM

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

Jul 18, 2018, 12:13 PM

He knows the issue will be resolved over the season and they will both be playing a lot. What's there to resolve now? It will be more obvious who the starter should be after some regular season games. What's the hurry?

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic