Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already

Aug 18, 2014, 8:34 PM

Those fruitcakes are complaining about the SEC Network showing too much Bama.

Did those maroons think the network would be showing Coot ball?

Just too freaking funny.

I won't link it but it's on the fgf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC is all about Bama, LSU, UF, UGA, & Auburn

Aug 18, 2014, 8:38 PM

The coots will never be the premier team in the SEC. They may win it all, but they will be seen as a one hit wonder. As soon as possible the powers that be in the SEC will once again kick them into the bottom of the conference.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC is all about Bama, LSU, UF, UGA, & Auburn

Aug 18, 2014, 8:56 PM

Wyndie,
Although they're down right now, you have to throw UT in there also.

But you're right those teams and UT have DOMINATED the SEC for over 50 years and will continue to do so for foreseeable future. All the others are just freeloaders. Lambs for the slaughter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2014, 10:10 AM

Funny how thus board considers us bottom tier of the SEC but all major writers list us in the mid or top tier....hmmm

Aug 20, 2014, 11:03 AM

Ok DrDre and exactly what does major sports writers have to
do with the SEC Network programing? Also the list from the major writers does what to fill your trophy case?

"they may win it all"

Aug 18, 2014, 9:05 PM [ in reply to SEC is all about Bama, LSU, UF, UGA, & Auburn ]

BwA hahahahahah. Yeah right. And Cindy Crawford just called to tell me she's horny.

Dream on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

To Be Fair, The Coots Are Always on COPS

Aug 18, 2014, 8:43 PM

For their ######, thieving, buggering and looting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already

Aug 18, 2014, 8:45 PM

Nobody is complaining about the money it will earn for USC.

Aug 18, 2014, 8:47 PM

Why would Southern Cal get money?

Aug 18, 2014, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already ]

Blah blah blah. I hope the SEC succeeds so the ACC deal is even bigger. Then they can talk about FSU, Clemson 24 hours a day

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Aug 18, 2014, 8:54 PM

hey tiger, were you not posting last week that the sec network would never be any good or make a profit? why the flip flop? will it or not in you opinion ?

Tell 'em capon

Aug 18, 2014, 9:00 PM

sad

Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already ]

I said I HOPE it succeeds. I don't think it will

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Aug 18, 2014, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already ]

Where and how did he flip flop? Do you know the meaning of HOPE?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2014, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already ]

> Blah blah blah. I hope the SEC succeeds so the ACC
> deal is even bigger. Then they can talk about FSU,
> Clemson 24 hours a day

I hope it succeeds too. Just know it won't if the Coots were in charge of scheduling the network programs. :)

And yep I'd see the ACC Network running Fsu/Clemson stuff nearly 24/7 during football seasons

Aug 18, 2014, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already ]

Also, if I was the dad of a ho I wouldn't be so proud as to make it my screen name. But hey, that's just me.

Aug 18, 2014, 8:59 PM

You should be proud of your kids, no matter how hoish they are. You go, hodad!

~JKB

You tell em, coot.***

Aug 18, 2014, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

if the Chickens had all the money in the world they would

Aug 18, 2014, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already ]

#### it away like they always have. SCAR has always had twice the endowments, students, resources, etc that little old Clemson has ever had - where has that gotten them? Where are the accomplishments? Giving more money to stooges just produces incompetence on a grander stage.

"Oh, but we are good program now...what about that?" Well, you have a coach with 30 years experience, Clemson has one with 5. That's the difference right now. You hit the jackpot on a perfect storm, congrats. Yet the coach with 5 years experience has already accomplished more than all the coaches in SCAR history COMBINED. If a coach at SCAR had done what Dabo has already done (Conf championships, major bowls), he'd have statues built and streets named after him in Columbia.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scooter nailed it...

Aug 19, 2014, 6:04 AM

Carolina has always had more money to throw around than Clemson. Where has that gotten them? 2nd place in the state for a few yrs and nowhere near sniffing a conference or national championship. That's it. They can rip up asphalt, plant trees and gold plate the turnstiles at W-B and it won't buy them championships or class. I've yet to have a gamecock explain how their new windfall will suddenly elevate the program to Alabama's status.

Re: Scooter nailed it...

Aug 19, 2014, 9:09 AM

Those idiots don't realize that Bama will still be bringing in a ton more $$ than the Coots will.

Just by talking with a few it seems they think they will bring in the same kind of dollars as Bama. Not happening

Aug 19, 2014, 12:37 PM

How will Bama get more money from the SEC network?

Aug 19, 2014, 1:08 PM

No one said they would.

They bring in more money NOW combined with the same as scar with the network. They will still be ahead of y'all.

Understand?

Aug 19, 2014, 1:40 PM

If they currently bring in more money, why would we be surprised that they still would bring in more money. I have the confused. Show me a coot that thinks somehow we make up a $50 million gap with Bama.

still want to now what your screen name means...hmmm...

Aug 18, 2014, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already ]

are you a ho dad?

Re: still want to now what your screen name means...hmmm...

Aug 18, 2014, 9:25 PM

Maybe Bob knows?

;)

Re: still want to now what your screen name means...hmmm...

Aug 18, 2014, 9:27 PM [ in reply to still want to now what your screen name means...hmmm... ]

Enquiring minds want to know if HE is the ho or if he raised his daughter to be a ho?

Next question, if the daughter is a ho, can we get pics?

;)

Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already***

Aug 18, 2014, 8:50 PM

^^^By far your best post ever

Aug 18, 2014, 9:41 PM

Please see to it that the rest of your posts are just like this one.

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Aug 18, 2014, 8:53 PM

Two people complained, the rest defended the network and told them they were wrong. What a bunch of cooky coots.

Coot programming is...

Aug 18, 2014, 8:54 PM

Vintage Slurrier coaching at UF. Yep, remember when Scar/UF beat FSU for the nat'l title? Those were the days!

~JKB

The coots are claiming his Florida successes.

Aug 18, 2014, 9:01 PM

There's a billboard in Lexington saying "Heisman Trophy, National Champion Coach Steve Spurrier is here"

Ok, coots. Thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The coots are claiming his Florida successes.

Aug 18, 2014, 9:05 PM

Name me one of those things that is wrong?

Aug 18, 2014, 9:08 PM

It's wrong because SC had nothing to do with his Florida success well unless you count the stompings he laid on Sc while at UF

Aug 18, 2014, 9:14 PM

Please show me where they lay claim to any of his accomplishments.

Aug 18, 2014, 9:15 PM

Tigerdrummer already did "There's a billboard in Lexington saying "Heisman Trophy, National Champion Coach Steve Spurrier is here"

Ok, coots. Thanks."

Aug 18, 2014, 9:26 PM

So if Chip Foose came to teach at CU-ICAR and they welcomed him with a billboard that said "Hall of fame designer, National champion builder Chip Foose is here", does that lay claim to his accomplishments. Telling someone's accomplishments proudly is not laying claim to them. Take your Orange glasses off and stick to our lack of history, drunk coach, peeing in the street assistant, and cootish fans.

Aug 18, 2014, 9:29 PM

Looks like you just wrote some gibberish. Practice that chicken scratch.

Aug 18, 2014, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: The coots are claiming his Florida successes. ]

Or you could take off your garnet glasses? And while you're at it, head back to where you are welcome?

Aug 18, 2014, 9:54 PM

I am sorry, I didn't know this was a closed board for Clemson fans only. That must really make for enlightened conversations.

Aug 18, 2014, 10:00 PM

Run along little dirtpecker!!!

If we were looking for "enlightenment" it would...

Aug 19, 2014, 2:01 AM [ in reply to Re: The coots are claiming his Florida successes. ]

Have nothing to do with SCAR fans visiting....

Aug 19, 2014, 4:40 AM [ in reply to Re: The coots are claiming his Florida successes. ]

> I am sorry, I didn't know this was a closed board for
> Clemson fans only. That must really make for
> enlightened conversations.

Actually the conversation is very enlightened without you Coots.

Aug 19, 2014, 5:44 AM

That moment that you realize your never going to win any championship in football ...ever .

Coot Enlightenment

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 18, 2014, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The coots are claiming his Florida successes. ]

JRMoose68,

But I bet after 10 years at CU-ICAR Chip Foose would've already designed some pretty awesome cars by now.

At SC Spurrier has essentially put one of those cheesy kits on a Pontiac Fiero and has SC fans believing it's a real Ferrari.

Aug 19, 2014, 1:23 PM

Heisman coached 4 years at CU but his wiki page lists no signifcent innovations while there. Yet you have a road named after him and feature him in your lore. Sound familiar?

Aug 19, 2014, 1:39 PM

You mean besides the two SIAA conference championships he won at Clemson?

Aug 19, 2014, 2:16 PM

> You mean besides the two SIAA conference
> championships he won at Clemson?

So this is his primary claim to fame?

Aug 19, 2014, 2:27 PM

Fruitcoot, you claimed above he had no significant accomplishments at Clemson. You were wrong. Conference championships at Clemson.

Quit trying to spin it.

At least the school you're trying to bash by promoting a coach actually accomplished something AT THAT SCHOOL

Aug 19, 2014, 3:11 PM

Please read my post again, the operative word is innovations, unless you are saying that having a winning recod or winning confrence championships were first done at CU. No way am I down grading him, he was one of and perhaps the most significant figures in early football. His body of work over his career proves it. But his career spanned many years and schools. Again I ask the question: sound familiar?

Aug 19, 2014, 3:37 PM

Did he suddenly become an innovator at Tech or was he also an innovator at Clemson?

Did his style of play at Clemson help him get hired by Georgia Tech?

I'm assuming you missed my first post on this because I was saying SC didn't help Spurrier win a Heisman nor help him in any way become a National championship coach.

And that is true.

What also is true is Clemson did play a part in making Heisman.

Aug 19, 2014, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The coots are claiming his Florida successes. ]

GarnetGuy,

I wasn’t around in 1903 to witness it, but I think it’s safe to say the game was a bit different back then.

Heisman made most of his innovations at much smaller schools prior to coming to Auburn and then Clemson. But both Auburn & Clemson were where he first used them at the major college level…In just four years at Clemson he went 19-3-2 and won two championships in the conference that was a pre-cursor to the SEC. That’s a pretty legit reason to name a road for any coach in my book.

Fact is, there’s a major difference in us using Heisman in our lore vs what SC is doing with Spurrier. Clemson was one of the schools that Heisman coached at early in his career---BEFORE he accomplished the things he was most known for at GT..In other words Clemson was like Duke for Spurrier or Texas A&M or Kentucky for Bear Bryant.

On the other hand, Spurrier had already made a living and name for himself way before he set foot on SC’s campus. To him, SC is nothing more than a hopeless cause project he’s piddling with before he finally decides to hang-it up.

amazing that this is surprising to them

Aug 18, 2014, 8:56 PM

they should have known this, but it would have required math.

With 14 teams, that averages out - if split evenly - to about 7% per team, or 1.7 hours each day. They thought this would be divvied up evenly? C'mon.

Anybody with a brain could have told you that the network was going to lean to its core of traditional winners (Bama, Auburn, LSU, UGA). The others would get the scraps. There's just no historic content or ratings to show.

It's gonna fallout about like this:
Bama - 20%
UGA, Auburn, LSU - 30% or 10% each
TN, Fla, TAMU (because of large Texas viewership), KY (basketball) - 30% or 8% each
the rest (SCAR, Vandy, Arky, Miss, Miss ST, Mo) - 20% or about 3% each. About an hour a day average max is about all the SCAR you will ever get.

We'll get the same thing when the ACC Network starts up, with a little bit better treatment because of football. But it will heavily lean to classic basketball games. Expect that to be 35-40% UNC/Duke/NCSU. Clemson/FSU will get about 15% combined (football only). The others will get the leftovers. Not sure how they will treat Notre Dame yet.

Re: amazing that this is surprising to them

Aug 18, 2014, 9:04 PM

They are showing 14 teams in 14 days.
Games shown by team during these 14 days are.
This looks pretty fair to me. Not quite the breakdown you predict.

Bama 13
LSU 12
Florida 12
Georgia 11
Auburn 8
USC 8
Tenn 7
UK 5
Arkansas 5
Miss St 4
A&M 4
Mizzou 3
Ole Miss 3
Vandy 3

Re: amazing that this is surprising to them

Aug 18, 2014, 9:07 PM

That's just the 14 days.

Come back in 6 months and I bet it won't even be close. Sc won't be sniffing Bama, Auburn, LSU, and a couple more on the SEC Network

I'm sure they'll scrape up a couple SCAR games to pimp the

Aug 18, 2014, 9:23 PM

SCAR-TAMU game, they almost have to, because of that Thursday night kickoff game.

Will one of your games be the SECCG vs. Auburn?

Aug 18, 2014, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: amazing that this is surprising to them ]

Y'all almost had 'em...so close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Will one of your games be the SECCG vs. Auburn?

Aug 18, 2014, 9:12 PM

Maybe there will be a different outcome in the replay?

:)

You mean like Auburn scoring some more?

Aug 18, 2014, 9:31 PM

I'm ok with that

do you actually win any of them?

Aug 18, 2014, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: amazing that this is surprising to them ]

I'm sure that SEC Championship (aka The Cam Newton Show) is one of them.

look at it this way--usuck will dominate the airwaves

Aug 18, 2014, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: amazing that this is surprising to them ]

when they start televising equestrian sports 24/7

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC, lol. I kept looking for South Carolina.***

Aug 19, 2014, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: amazing that this is surprising to them ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 18, 2014, 9:00 PM

My roommate is seriously playing "magic the gathering" on the interweb with the living room tv- I'd love to watch a coot game, or absolutely anything else right now

Sounds like a typical night in Holmes.***

Aug 18, 2014, 9:01 PM

I'm giving you a +1 for not killing your virgin roommate

Aug 18, 2014, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Hilarious: Coots complaining about the SEC Network already ]

You're a better person than me. My roommates at CU played w.o.w. but kept that sh!t on their computers, so we were cool.

~JKB

Re: I'm giving you a +1 for not killing your virgin roommate

Haha thanks... I have a strange feeling someone is going to accidentally urinate on his xbox

I can't think of a better way for the Coots to learn about

Aug 18, 2014, 9:04 PM

the concept of "irony."

Haven't watched more than a couple minutes of the SEC network, but I'll probably tune in next Thurs when it's SC's time to get highlighted with replays. I want to see a replay of their crowning achievement in the SEC to date: Serving as Auburn's sacrificial lamb in the 2009 SECCG.

Aug 19, 2014, 9:52 AM

> Haven't watched more than a couple minutes of the SEC
> network, but I'll probably tune in next Thurs when
> it's SC's time to get highlighted with replays. I
> want to see a replay of their crowning achievement in
> the SEC to date: Serving as Auburn's sacrificial lamb
> in the 2009 SECCG.

I think Ill skip that one. Just the thought of that game makes me sick to my stomach.

Aug 18, 2014, 9:28 PM

Lol I know it's an Aubarn and Bama love fest...### did they think it was going to be?!!!

Aug 19, 2014, 9:49 AM

Well coming from a coot I have not read one thing about any fan complaining about the SEC network giving Bama most of the attention. In fact any SEC fan that didn't expect the network to be kissing Bama's @$$ is an idiot.

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic