Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC fans call in to Finebaum show yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

SEC fans call in to Finebaum show yesterday

Jan 9, 2019, 7:44 PM

Some real dingus "Chuck form North Carolina" who "bleeds Tenn orange" and is an "avid SEC fan". Says he refers to the ACC as the "Academically Challenged Conference"...Finebaum giggles.

Seriously, the SEC is known for some of the lowest academic standards in the country. Not trying to defend the ACC but some of the bumpkins calling in are just dumber than chit.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC fans call in to Finebaum show yesterday

Jan 9, 2019, 7:47 PM

Only Vandy fans are allowed to talk smack about academics. UT is NOT Vandy. In fact, UT lost to Vandy, so they are not allowed to talk smack to ANYONE.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But they're champions of life.***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 9, 2019, 8:20 PM

How this guy is an a national show I’ll never understand. His show is full of mouth breathers with zero education. It’s a gimmick that I don’t get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He obviously didn't know how to pronouce "challenging"

Jan 9, 2019, 8:30 PM

Probably because he graduated from the Seriously Empty-headed Conference

Jan 9, 2019, 9:20 PM

How in the world can someone from UT question the academic standards of schools like Clemson, Duke, Tech, Wake and UNC(except for their athletes who had fake classes!). Seriously, the only SEC school that comes close is Vanderbilt.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:59 PM

Go to USNEWS or any other academic ranking source and you'll find Florida ranked near UNC and GT.

TAMU and UGA are Clemson peers.

They aren't all like Ole Miss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 10:30 PM

Currently, at #80 you will find the next to last of the ACC schools, NC State. Louisville comes in at #171, making one wonder why they're in the league. That's what you call an outlier.

Before #80, the only SEC schools you will have seen are Vandy, Florida, Georgia and TAM. (USuC 106, Auburn and UT 115, Bama/Mizzou 129, LSU 140, UK 147, Ark/Ole Miss 152, Miss State at 177). Essentially, Vandy, UF, UGA and TAM are the outliers in the SEC.

It's not even a close comparison. Of the Power 5, the ACC is by far the most Academically Competitive Conference.

Reminds me of some coots who think USuC is academically

Jan 9, 2019, 9:43 PM

superior to Clemson. lol

There's something in these hills.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:46 PM

Callers sounded nearly illiterate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nearly?!!?

Jan 9, 2019, 10:05 PM

the producers of Finebum's show are just glad their audience knows what the numbers mean on telephones

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 10:14 PM

I liked him talking about "intellectual" comments from Clemson fans.

As if anyone of intellect regularly listens to his show. He has regular callers that are occasionally entertaining, but mostly for their lack of intellect. Most of his other callers fit the stereotype for toothless idiot. It's not a show for the football mind, it's the show for the "my SEC team blows so I pull for Bama" homer. In other words, a great show if you're a Gamecock fan.

It was also hilarious to listen to him say he didn't care who won, but hear the irony in his voice. He cared deeply about who won. He's a Bama homer.

Bama is still a great team, a 1st-rate program. But it's obvious Saban's only playing for 1 more championship, and if that comes in the next 2 years, that's the only good option for Bama (and the SEC), because he'll lose interest. After that, BamaFan (and, correspondingly, USuCFan) is not going to like life at all.

He needs two more nattys to beat Bear's Bama record

Jan 9, 2019, 10:40 PM

One of his nattys was at LSU

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic