Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC fans are always so gracious in defeat....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

SEC fans are always so gracious in defeat....

Apr 6, 2019, 8:21 PM

and didn't see anything controversial about the 3 point foul called on Auburn....looked like a good call

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC fans are always so gracious in defeat....

Apr 6, 2019, 8:24 PM

I think it's just more of a BS call...what wouled say if that were us.

Besides they missed double dribble and foul on Bryce Brown at buzzer...if they are willing to call that on Guy then u gotta call the others

This is why people hate refs and they get harrassment... u screw up like that on the big stage, that's pitiful.

I feel bad for Auburn and Pearl.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2019, 8:26 PM

And they missed an obvious walk on the 3 pointer that put Auburn up

And they missed an out of bound on Auburn on a defensive rebound with 1 minute left.

And the 4th foul on Jerome should have never been called since he was fouled before

Well if you want to play that game..

Apr 6, 2019, 8:31 PM

U can nitpick every call...just further proof how poor officials are.

My take is..I look ike pearl and auburn and would rather them win than virginia...just thought it was BS to make that last second call but not the others, especially double dribble.

Re: Well if you want to play that game..

Apr 6, 2019, 8:48 PM

He just pointed out other calls that could have been made. The same thing you did.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well if you want to play that game..

Apr 8, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Well if you want to play that game.. ]

Did you have a problem with them not calling a Charge or a Block with Zion in the UCF game and then call a foul on the UCF BIG MAN.

Apr 6, 2019, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC fans are always so gracious in defeat.... ]

And they missed a clean strip by Guy and called it a foul resulting in two made toffee throws for AU.

And they missed obvious fouls on AU as Hunter went up for a basket between two AU defenders.

And they missed another clean block by UVA and called it a foul.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2019, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC fans are always so gracious in defeat.... ]

Pearl should have been dumped last year for the involvement in the hoops scandal. I dont feel the least bit bad for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2019, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC fans are always so gracious in defeat.... ]

Allbarn should not have allowed the refs to be a factor.

"what would we say if that were us"???

Apr 6, 2019, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC fans are always so gracious in defeat.... ]

we'd say "welcome to the freakin' ACC"... cuz Clemson's been through that and plenty more exactly like that dozens of times....except all too frequently, the call would've been a bad/incorrect call.....which the call on Auburn was not.

Decades of getting skrude by ACC officials have left Clemson fans cynical and unsympathetic

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "what would we say if that were us"???

Apr 6, 2019, 8:32 PM

Yea it's a been there seen that many times episode for Clemson Basketball

Re: "what would we say if that were us"???

Apr 6, 2019, 8:35 PM [ in reply to "what would we say if that were us"??? ]

it often is. just never in any game that is important

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC fans are always so gracious in defeat.... ]

Seriously WV, you can't get any more corrupt than Bruce Pearl. Who else do you like...Rick Pitino?

Clock operator screewed us at Uconn in 1989 with 1+ sec left full-court!

Apr 6, 2019, 9:29 PM

Really about impossible to receive a full-court thrown ball, turn around to face basket from corner & hit a 3!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clock operator screewed us at Uconn in 1989 with 1+ sec left full-court!

Apr 6, 2019, 10:02 PM

Still rankles me too - LBB!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I just like the guy...is what it is..

Apr 7, 2019, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC fans are always so gracious in defeat.... ]

Our can certainly get more corrupt than pearl
. Going by what's actually been proven, he had a kid over for a meal when he shouldn't have and tried to cover it up. It's not some egregious violation. What the FBI has found out isnt good but u can start throwing stones at a lot of guys.

Off the top of my head, Calhoun, Herrick, Gottfried, Cliff Ellis

Re: I just like the guy...is what it is..

Apr 8, 2019, 3:43 PM

I mean it's a little bit more than that, blatantly lying when presented with a photo of said recruit at your house is a bit more than a cover up. Especially when you say you don't know the woman in the photo and it's the wife of an assistant coach that's been with you for 10 years.

On top of that he was hit for other shady recruiting tactics, and given a three year show cause, seems pretty egregious.

Going further back to his time as an assistant he tried to entrap a player that chose Illinois over Iowa and was all but blackballed from D1 coaching for a decade.

On top of that you have the FBI incident. Of course with that you can start throwing stones at a lot of guys, but how many of those guys have had a show cause and been black balled for a decade? Those two facts compound the FBI findings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn Cheats

Apr 8, 2019, 6:34 PM

Clemson is a Auburn with a lake and a sense of conscious.

Auburn has been historically corrupt, been caught cheating and penalized many times AND they hired Bruce Pearl who cheated and lied about it at Tennessee resulting in a show cause order from the NCAA. It is hard to get past all that and to feel sorry for Auburn, EVEN while I hate UVa.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2019, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC fans are always so gracious in defeat.... ]

It was a foul.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic