Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC critics of our scheduling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

SEC critics of our scheduling

Feb 22, 2020, 7:25 AM

It is really a moot point that SEC homers like to
dis our schedule. They talk about how our road to the CFP
is so easy. But in truth they all know that the Tigers
are a great football program. And they don't really want a piece
of us when it comes right down to it. Cause we spank their
tails more than we lose to the SEC.

They secretly wish we would lose so they won't have to face us

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok

Feb 22, 2020, 10:07 AM

I’m voting for Trump!

Re: Ok

Feb 22, 2020, 11:31 AM

Me too!!

56-99-5

Feb 24, 2020, 7:15 PM

Clemson is 56-99-5 against SEC despite playing a lesser SEC team (USCe) annually.

Brag all you want, your program is finally doing well in a depleted ACC, but don't LIE!

We've beaten Bama as many times as you have this decade and

Feb 24, 2020, 10:00 PM

we have faced them less than half the games you have, so we do have that going for us Ace

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TD bandit got me for that?***

Feb 25, 2020, 12:40 PM

This is their system in action!

Feb 25, 2020, 9:00 AM [ in reply to 56-99-5 ]

They try to spin everything for their own advantage and it works. It's never going to change. They were saying the same crap just a few years ago when the ACC had some highly ranked teams and won more bowls than the SEC. This is how they work the system to get their teams' preseason rankings high, jumpstart the season with "great wins" and continue to benefit off those wins the entire season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: 56-99-5

Feb 25, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to 56-99-5 ]

What a misleading statistic. When you actually look into these numbers you’ll see that counted within that overall “record vs the SEC” is a 2-10 mark vs Georgia Tech, a 3-5 record against Tulane and a meager 18-10 record vs USCe (instead of the lopsided 71-42 overall advantage in the series).

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/clem/sec.shtml

You scare me.***

Feb 24, 2020, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Ok ]

Re: You scare me.

Feb 25, 2020, 12:51 PM
UGA Bevo.JPG(59.6 K)

You should be scared. You should be very, very scared, Dawgie.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: SEC critics of our scheduling

Feb 24, 2020, 8:25 PM

I knew someone from the SEC would chime in with the actual numbers. We have beaten the SEC in spurts over the years, but only over the last 10 years are we competitive year in and year out. Hopefully we can continue being competitive with the best the nation can throw at us. Only time will tell.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Hopefully they keep criticizing it.

Feb 24, 2020, 10:31 PM

I hope they keep going more and more with the nonsense.
Why?
Because, perhaps the teams that line up will think that too! Tip of the hat to LSU - but be there again! Do it again!
To the rest of the SEC - same thing!
The top of the SEC gets it's props based off "mostly how they have recruited"! Well, sorry to the SEC homers, if that is the criteria Clemson isn't going anywhere.
Go tell it to the Big 10 teams who you have a top to bottom roster advantage on. You can't approach Clemson with that garbage: try something else, but one won't work!

Easy schedule: you play the league games and you play two SEC teams or ND.......maybe the two SEC teams need to be better! Maybe we should stop playing non-power SEC teams and schedule the top of the Big 12. Whoa, wait, Clemson did. Not Texas when they sucked either LSU fans(when the contract was signed they were garbage; really still garbage). Ohio St. will they play Clemson non-conference that early? IDK. I would like to see us drop S. Carolina( won't happen ) for say Michigan. As much love as they show Michigan for beating N. Mexico St. early season(or whoever) it would be a huge win the way they love up on the Wolverines. Maybe Michigan St or Penn St too. Southern Cal is always over-hyped as well and would be a good early season game.

Who else is out there that folks want Clemson to play? Because remember: "it takes two to tango"! Scheduling isn't a one way street!

Feb 25, 2020, 6:58 AM

It's the ACC. Clemson is three TDs better than anyone else in that conference. Because Clemson is elite and the conference they play isn't very strong, their path to the playoff is easier than teams from the B1G or SEC. That's common sense and factual and those observations are not limited to SEC fans or part of an anti-Clemson conspiracy. Trying to prop up the ACC or diminish the SEC won't change that. Most importantly, you guys gotta stop taking this personally and enjoy the rid you're on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 7:08 AM

Agree except UGA had a worse 2021 schedule than we did when you added us. Outside of BAMA no other SEC team is on that same level year in and year out. The biggest difference is the SEC has more teams with the potential to rise with a few exceptional players (LSU, UGA, Auburn, A&M, FL).

Instead the conference and media act like those teams are elite every year when just as the ACC teams you speak of Clemson and BAMA would be 3 TD favorites against them. Compound that by acting like FSU (only a few years removed), Miami, Louisville, VT, and UNC When playing well aren’t any good much less capable of being elite.

null

Feb 25, 2020, 7:54 AM

How do you conclude UGA's 21 schedule was ever worse than Clemson's? UGA draws Arky from the West and they're awful, but the Dawgs still have Florida and Auburn - far tougher than anyone Clemson faces. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about FSU, VA Tech and Miami. They won't be down forever but you have to agree they aren't good now. There are five SEC teams - UGA, Bama, LSU, Auburn, and Florida - who are better than everyone in the ACC not named Clemson.

Feb 25, 2020, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC critics of our scheduling ]

Agree with you that UGA has a weak schedule in 2021 as does Clemson. It appears that both administrations did what it could to shore it up ...

But to consistently say Georgia’s was weaker is not being honest - though it can be argued. One thing you are not seeing is, by using the 2020 preseason rankings (which is all we have to go by), Clemson is not playing a single team ranked ... Georgia is ...

This is not “proof” Georgia’s schedule is tougher but certainly weakens the “Georgia’s schedule is weaker” rhetoric .

Clemson and Georgia only control about 30% of their schedules. To even hint either have any control over their conference schedule (from other threads) is silly.

Feb 25, 2020, 8:25 AM

I don't care about teams 11-25 of the rankings, they might as well be ranked 50 when it comes to their chances of beating an elite team. If both teams show up they lose by a wide margin. The only difference is a team like A&M who if they landed the right QB, DE, and/or DB it could make them a contender. The SEC has more that fit that model.

LSU with Borrow
Auburn with Cam
Florida with Tebow

null

Feb 25, 2020, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC critics of our scheduling ]

Dawg, Believe me we are enjoying the ride we're on. It just gets a little old when every year, no matter who we beat, the press goes on its tirade about Clemson not playing anyone.
I'm sure the Georgia fans get tired of the press making fun of the fact that so many of their players get arrested every year. It just gets old.
I'm ready for Georgia and Clemson to play again. As I have said many times before, If we would go back to playing each other every year, the Clemson vs. Georgia rivalry could become one of the premier rivalries in the nation. Who needs Georgia vs. Florida or Clemson vs. South Carolina?

Feb 25, 2020, 8:34 AM

I think you missed my point. The criticism is of the ACC - not Clemson - and it's legit. No one is suggesting Clemson tries to avoid competition. In fact, in a previous thread I pointed out that in recent years Clemson has played Texas A&M more than once, Auburn more than once, and Georgia more than once. As for the press making fun of UGA having players arrested, that's reserved for other fan bases and a former head coach who quit on his team.

Feb 25, 2020, 8:59 AM

Sounds like I hit a nerve there.
I'm not disagreeing with you. We know the ACC sucks right now. And we are reminded of it almost daily during football season.
I'm sure you can sympathize with us because the SEC "Least" has been bad for so long. At least Florida has crawled back into the discussion of late. Georgia has had no competition in their division for years, but as you know it is still very difficult to make it through a whole season without a loss (or 2).
I'm sure you take great pride in the fact that Alabama has a strong back and has carried the conference for so many years (I almost forgot LSU last year), but Georgia has had an easy road to the SEC championship game many years. They have just had trouble winning the big games. It will come, just be patient.
I'm just glad we'll finally get to start competing in a great rivalry with y'all (off and on) for the next 13 years. It should be great football!!!

Feb 25, 2020, 9:23 AM

The ACC values education ..... and always has. The SEC values football more ..... and always has. I can't tell you how many players Clemson lost to SEC schools, particularly UGA in the 60's, 70's, and 80's due to their pathetic entrance requirements. Let's not pretend that football competition was ever on an equal playing field when the SEC racked up many of those victories.

When The Notion Of.....

Feb 25, 2020, 12:44 PM

When the facade of: "because you haven't played tough teams, you wouldn't know how to handle tough competition was destroyed" Clemson did it.
LSU gets the "lightining in a bottle QB/OL/OC/WR group same time/place and they win and now - a bunch of "JOKERS" are coming on TNET with that same lame garbage!
Coaching Matters!
Preparation matters!

Clemson has beaten the best out there with composite classes outside the top 10. In no way, shape or form should anyone listen to dumb dumbs still talking that nonsense about conference.
Not when it's been proven false! If you prepare well and show up you can come out victorious! Clemson didn't this past season but still no need to feel any less proud because it's not a top 10 team on the schedule every week! Literally nobody is doing that! If they do, most of the time it turns out they were playing "frauds in the early season" who were overly ranked.

A non-factor as far as I see it! To bring it up is just pure trash that has been proven wrong! Inadequate. A lie. Etc.

Feb 25, 2020, 12:58 PM

Last year's headline.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic