Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC East 2011 non conference games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 4,611

SEC East 2011 non conference games

Jul 12, 2012, 10:10 PM

SEC East 2011 non conference games Big Six or otherwise significant teams
Florida (0-1)
Loss to FSU
Georgia (1-1)
Beat Coastal GT.
Loss to Boise St
Tennessee(1-0)
Beat Cincinnati
South Carolina(1-0)
Beat Clemson
Vanderbilt (2-0)
Beat Connecticut, Wake Forest
Kentucky (0-1)
Loss to Louisville

Besides their 2-1 advantage on the rivalry games, absolutely nothing impressive. But don't tell the coots. They don't have to actuly play or beat any one.

At least we make sure we play 2-3 significant games out of conference. 1-1 stacks up. 2-0 this year I hope and believe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

We don't have to "beat anyone?"

Jul 12, 2012, 10:26 PM

We beat East Carolina. We beat Clemson. We beat Navy. We beat The Citadel out of conference.

That's a respectable out of conference schedule.

A school's season isn't just out of conference teams though. You also line up against your conference foes.

we didn't beat "anyone?"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don't have to "beat anyone?"

Jul 12, 2012, 11:13 PM

Clemson is the only respectable team. Navy and ECU are bad. Citadel may as well be a high school team

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are going to have to clarify a little more

Jul 12, 2012, 11:20 PM

Clemson and South Carolina both schedule lower division teams to play out of conference- almost every year.

Clemson played Wofford last year. South Carolina played The Citadel.

East Carolina isn't a great team - but they are a worthy team for any team to schedule out of conference.

We've played North Carolina and NC State in the past 4-5 years. We playe UNC next year.

There is no issue with our schedule except for maybe a few Clemson fans.

Auburn > ECU

Jul 13, 2012, 1:23 AM

which you would know all about... navy and troy are about the same

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Not following you -

Jul 13, 2012, 10:12 AM

the original post in this topic basically said South Carolina didn't play anyone

East Carolina is not Auburn. But East Carolina is certainly a decent team to schedule out of conference.

There is nothing wrong with our schedule out of conference.

Re: Not following you -

Jul 13, 2012, 7:17 PM

Keep telling yourself that !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

have fun going 7-5 this year!***

Jul 13, 2012, 8:09 AM [ in reply to We don't have to "beat anyone?" ]

Is that your prediction? I plan to "have fun" regardless

Jul 13, 2012, 10:13 AM

of the record.

You beat Clemson and Ga, Nebraska

Jul 13, 2012, 4:05 PM [ in reply to We don't have to "beat anyone?" ]

other than that, you beat ECU, Miss st, KY, Vandy, AU(O wait)Navy, Fla, Tenn, Citadel. So you beat 3 teams worth a crap

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You beat Clemson and Ga, Nebraska

Jul 15, 2012, 8:27 AM

I think your going to far calling Clemson a team that is worth a crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Re: We don't have to "beat anyone?"

Jul 13, 2012, 4:18 PM [ in reply to We don't have to "beat anyone?" ]

1. I do say (besides rivalry games).

2. Everyone plays 2 crappy teams, so I don't mention anyones 2 worst teams beaten.

3. My point is, if you're going to go around pounding your chest saying how great you are, you should all play a couple of out of conference games to prove it. imho

5. Thank ### the playoffs are coming. I don't doubt the greatness of the LSU and Alabama teams, but there's somthing wrong when you can win the NC with an out of conference Schedule of Penn St., Georgia Southern, Kent State and North Texas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Ironic***

Jul 13, 2012, 4:22 PM

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

The SEC is known for not ever going outside the mason Dixon

Jul 13, 2012, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't have to "beat anyone?" ]

Line to play anyone. Bama just turned down Wisconsin home and home, Ga had Boise come to Atlanta for a "neutral site game ". Ark went 12 years without playing a team worth a crap

Re: SEC East 2011 non conference games

Jul 12, 2012, 10:30 PM

Are you calling FSU,Clemson, Ga Tech and Wake Forest bad out of conference games?

Basically what you are saying is SEC east out of conference schedule sucks because we play ACC teams and ACC out of conference schedule is good because you play SEC teams.

Go Figure.

Jul 13, 2012, 2:31 AM

I ask this question all the time, and have yet to get any answers from Clemson fans:

How many #1-ranked opponents have Clemson played, ever? When was the last time Clemson played a #1-ranked opponent in football, who was ranked #1 the week they played them? Win or lose?

South Carolina played against 3 #1-ranked opponents in '09 and '10 alone. And they were all different teams.

Prior to 2011, Clemson played 1 opponent who would go on to win the national title in the same year (AU in '10). Prior to 2011, South Carolina had played the eventual national champion, in the year that they win the title, 6 times in an 8-year span, and 5 of those years consecutively (LSU '03, UF '06, LSU '07, UF '08, UA '09, and AU '10).

Until this past season, NO OTHER college football program could make the same claim in an 8-year run at any time of their history. USC didn't play Bama in '11, so the string was broken. Ole Miss has now played 5 consecutive NCs, but didn't play UF in '06.

Arkansas has now played against 6 consecutive national champions, because they not only played Bama last season, but played Florida both in '08 and in '06 (in the SECCG). So they can now claim to have played 7 NCs in a 9-year span.

But to make disparaging claims about the strength of South Carolina's football schedules every year is absurd. They may have a weak schedule from time to time (or most likely Clemson's may rise up to their level, by comparison), but typically USC plays a schedule that is regularly ranked in the top 25 toughest every year...

USC is scheduled to play LSU in 2012. They are a front-runner to contend for the NC again...

played alabama in 09 when they won the mnc

Jul 13, 2012, 3:01 AM

and if you coots were as good as you think you are Clemson would get a lot more chances. Yes there are 3 or 4 great teams in the sec every year and yes they usually beat you ##### pretty bad. The point youre missing is that your schedule is no harder than Clemsons.

Re: played alabama in 09 when they won the mnc

Jul 13, 2012, 3:56 PM

But USC is not, and so Clemson doesn't get more chances. That doesn't support the OP's argument, however....

The first part of your next sentence kills the second part of your next sentence. What 3 or 4 great teams in the ACC does Clemson play every year, like USC does in the SEC? Go review every single online source that spends time rating and ranking strength of schedules for FBS programs, and you'll find that none of them agree with your last sentence....

Jul 13, 2012, 4:46 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC East 2011 non conference games ]

thats funny, uf is the only team from the secleast on that list and even that is one whole recruiting cycle ago,meaning only red shirt sr.'s have had to face a mnc from your division. playing western div. teams, for y'all is a potluck draw. y'all sure are lucky to be on that side of the conf. bet the 2,3 good (every year)teams from the west. div.get tired of carrying the sec banner, since every other school in the sec hangs on to it,and claims the mnc as their very own.

Yet we've whipped

Jul 13, 2012, 10:15 AM

Clemson pretty good for the last 3 years.

I think our schedule is fine. We play a strong schedule every year regardless of what some Clemson fans think about it.

We aren't on the list of toughest schedules- and we aren't on the list of the easiest. That's a perfect place to be.

Re: Yet we've whipped

Jul 13, 2012, 8:49 PM

Like I showed you beat 3 teams worth a crap, please name another good team you beat outside the 3?

Jul 13, 2012, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC East 2011 non conference games ]

What kind of argument are you trying to support with this? It doesn't matter what division of the SEC those teams are a part of, if USC is STILL playing them essentially every year, when it comes to arguing the opinion that USC doesn't play a difficult schedule. The fact that they play them, PERIOD, supports how tough it is.

The 6 NCs consist of 4 SEC teams: LSU, UF, UA, and AU. 4 teams over an 8-year period isn't indicative of a "luck of the draw", it's more indicative of how dominant the SEC has been the past decade. A "luck of the draw" would be that USC was lucky to not have to play Alabama last season.

Jul 13, 2012, 4:24 PM

so you are telling me you play 'bama,lsu,arkansas,miss.state,ol' miss plus the rest of the eastern div. every year? come on,now, i thought y'all only played 12 every yr.+ a bowl game (every now and then).how many games are y'all gonna play now that a&m and mizzou are in the sec? heck, no wonder y'all make more $ than we do, usuc plays more games than some conf's do! come on tymick, i know you will read this, set your fellow fan straight. the point i was making is that y'all do, even if you don't want to admit it, is that you miss alot of the best teams every year. i still say that usuc and the mississippi schools are one and the same, about equal every way you look at it, except they are in the hardest division in cfb, and y'all are not.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Jul 15, 2012, 2:46 AM

No, I am telling you that they play those teams on a rotational basis, because they are in the same conference that USC is in....and as long as the SEC peels off 5-6 year national championship runs like they are doing now then YES, South Carolina will be playing teams that either contend for, or win national championships NOT by luck of the draw, but by the schedules that their conference draw out for them....2 of those 6 teams were in USC's division, so sometimes, YES they DO play them every year.

South Carolina DID "miss a lot of the best teams" last season. And there will be seasons in the future where they miss them again. But in the overall scheme, USC's SOS is substantially rated to be tougher than Clemson's year in and year out, by all the online rating sites that everyone refers to. Only with the odd exception here and there (like last season)...

Jul 13, 2012, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC East 2011 non conference games ]

The conference screams about how great they are (and they are very good), but then they turn around and say we can't really go around proving it because its so hard playing eachother. That's a real convienent argument.

You get 2 cupcakes not 3. Look at Auburn, Alabama, Arkasas. 3 cupcakes apiece. Find somebody to play.

The Dude abides

Coots beat pi$$ out of us three straight years, I'd just

Jul 13, 2012, 8:11 AM

shut up.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots beat pi$$ out of us three straight years, I'd just

Jul 13, 2012, 7:30 PM

Mighty short memory there sport !! They had to lie cheat and pay players and they got 3 yrs. probation from it. 3 wins in a row and now 3yrs. probation so #### no I won't shut up !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unfortunately, they don't need a tough out of conference

Jul 13, 2012, 2:34 PM

schedule. i think it's safe to say any sec team's conference schedule is tougher than ours, so we have to make up for it by playing an SEC team and south carolina

Re: unfortunately, they don't need a tough out of conference

Jul 13, 2012, 6:35 PM

true,most years. but there is no way you can make a blanket statement saying that. last year, for example, i would venture to say, we had a more difficult schedule, and it happens more often than people think.now, if the sec east was as good as 5 years ago or so, i'd agree wholeheartedly.

Jul 13, 2012, 7:43 PM

Dude...in no way is that a rational statement. Give it up!

Jul 13, 2012, 8:00 PM

tell me why,dude.

Durr

Jul 13, 2012, 6:54 PM

SEC East > the entire ACC.

End of story. Next thread please

"and thats all I have to say about that..." Thanks Forest...

Jul 13, 2012, 7:28 PM

duhmazz

IQ of a tree stump > Spurrier'sweenie

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Not following you -

Jul 13, 2012, 7:44 PM

I will because it's the truth.

SEC East has four teams that would win the ACC every season.

Yet there hasnt been one ACC team in over a decade that would win the SEC East

Re: Re: Not following you -

Jul 13, 2012, 8:02 PM

you might just be the dumbest usuc fan in the history of dumb usuc fans. are you sure you are old enough to be on a public forum?

FSU has killed you and Fla, Spurriers goober***

Jul 13, 2012, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Not following you - ]

Re: Re: Re: Not following you -

Jul 13, 2012, 8:10 PM

Notice how I haven't insulted or attacted anyone.

I just stated the truth and I get called IMMATURE COOT.

But you guys haven't bother to put together a reasoned, mature response.

Grow up

Re: The SEC is known for not ever going outside the mason Dixon

Jul 13, 2012, 8:46 PM

Again, that doesn't matter when you play 5-6 Top 25 teams a season, as every SEC team does.

By the way, which team not located below the Mason-Dixon line is Clemson playing this season? Besides lol Boston College?

Name 6 teams SC played last year that was Top 25

Jul 13, 2012, 8:56 PM

Trivia for you goober. Who was the only team in the nation to beat 3 straight top 25 teams? What conference? Also when your username is spurriers ####, you ask for getting made fun of.

Replies: 38
| visibility 4,611
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic