Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC/Big 12 Talk...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

SEC/Big 12 Talk...

May 2, 2012, 10:27 AM

I understand all the talk last year about the SEC and now the talk about the Big 12 but my gut tells me we'll go down with a sinking ACC ship before we ever make a change.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC/Big 12 Talk...

May 2, 2012, 10:41 AM

I really feel like things are changing at Clemson, and I'm not just talking about the decent year we had last year. All of a sudden, we've got the highest paid assistant coach and a great staff that's very well paid, have broken ground on an indoor practice facility, have put together committees to make recommendations on what the best thing for Clemson would be....I just think there is a different feel in the CUAD that hasn't been there in a while. I have no idea what changed or why, but I've got the feeling that CU leadership now "cares" about winning, and football. I'm not sure if it's from the heart or wallet, but at least they care. So with that said, I wouldn't be surprised if we jumped ship if it was obviously going to be beneficial to Clemson. Who knows, I'm excited to see what happens.

I agree***

May 2, 2012, 2:41 PM

How is the ACC sinking?

May 2, 2012, 10:46 AM

Look at the Big XII they have lost four members in the last several yeats and came very close to losing three others to the PAC12 last year. They currently only have 10 teams and have a very small TV market. They have lost their Championship game. What is so great about the BigXII?

I'm saying the ACC ship will have to be sinking........

May 2, 2012, 11:03 AM

before we ever make a change - don't think our BOT and administrators see the need to do that now.

What's great is they give a d*** about football.***

May 2, 2012, 11:06 AM [ in reply to How is the ACC sinking? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never had a Lenny Wertz or Ron Cherry?***

May 2, 2012, 11:20 AM [ in reply to How is the ACC sinking? ]

Re: How is the ACC sinking?

May 2, 2012, 11:43 AM [ in reply to How is the ACC sinking? ]

1.3 Billion and 19M a year per team. That is what is so great about the BigXII. That is with the current 10 team format and if they were to add Florida and South Carolina to the map they could expect even more money with only 12 teams. Unless the ACC finds a way to come up with that kind of money will be behind.

null

I have said it before and I will say it again.....

May 2, 2012, 1:41 PM [ in reply to How is the ACC sinking? ]

the problem is not the ACC or the teams in it. In fact, I firmly believe the league has the potential to be great.

The problem is the biased and self-serving leadership who couldn't negotiate their way out of their own friggin driveways with a map and a compass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I have said it before and I will say it again.....

May 2, 2012, 1:42 PM

Or a GPS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic