Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC's Montgomery grew up as Tiger fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

SC's Montgomery grew up as Tiger fan

Jun 4, 2012, 10:00 PM

Jordan Montgomery got a chance to show JL what he could have had. Montgomery's grandfather and father are Clemson grads and he's pulled for the tigers until SC offered and Clemson didn't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC's Montgomery grew up as Tiger fan

Jun 4, 2012, 10:03 PM

Jack did not offer this guy????? that is beyond stupid!! I will say again Jack must go!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2012, 10:09 PM

I would have loved for a reporter to have asked JL why he didn't offer Jordan.

Why is someone with pulse of 19 stirring up trouble here?

Jun 4, 2012, 10:22 PM

Do you expect any respect? I do not think so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is someone with pulse of 19 stirring up trouble here?

Jun 4, 2012, 10:29 PM

How am I stirring up trouble? I just thought it was interesting that JL didn't offer this kid and he got the chance to pitch against them.

Gee, I am sorry. So uplifting for us Clemson fans

Jun 4, 2012, 10:34 PM

who are licking our wounds from a ridiculously close two games. Game we could have won ---- some might say would have won if not for a few questionable calls. Clearly we would have won the first game if not for the terrible obstruction sliding call.

Please take you crap elsewhere COOT!!!

You actually put stock in TigerPulse?***

Jun 5, 2012, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Why is someone with pulse of 19 stirring up trouble here? ]

Jun 4, 2012, 10:04 PM

I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents

Jun 4, 2012, 10:11 PM

but a full-blooded Tiger would not do that. I speak for my self and my family only of course, but that wouldn't happen in this guy's household. No way, no how.

I (or my child) would walk-on/pay my own way to Clemson before I'd take a full scholly to spend 4 years playing at Warehouse Park.

Re: I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents

Jun 4, 2012, 10:15 PM

Coming up with the money to pay tuition at Clemson vs. free ride? Can't blame him.

No one gets a full ride in baseball...***

Jun 4, 2012, 10:16 PM

Oh yes we can and we do.***

Jun 4, 2012, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents ]

If Tanner gave him a full ride...

Jun 4, 2012, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents ]

he's an idiot. That or he's manipulating the 11.7 scholarship limit.

Youd be surprised what being shunned by your own school will

Jun 4, 2012, 10:16 PM [ in reply to I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents ]

do to you. Walking on is for kids who go under the radar. Montgomery was a kid everyone knew about. I wouldve gone to USuC too with the success theyve had. If I know that Coach Leggett knows who I am, but still wont offer, Im not gonna walk-on for a guy that doesnt want me when I can play for the best coach in the country, Coot or not. Its easy for you to say "I would never" but have you ever been in a situation where the school you choose can impact your potential professional career?

sorry, it would be a complete waste of time answering this

Jun 4, 2012, 10:20 PM

you could not understand.

I get what youre saying, but I wouldnt tell my son to take

Jun 4, 2012, 10:27 PM

out loads of student loans and walk-on for a coach that doesnt want him when he could play for one of the best coaches in the country who clearly does value him. When it comes to your kids, you should be able to swallow your pride enough to do whats in their best interest.

at worst, I'd have him do like Brittle and go to CoC

Jun 4, 2012, 10:33 PM

or Western Carolina, have a good season or two, impress and transfer. ANYWHERE else (except maybe Chapel Hill).

Re: at worst, I'd have him do like Brittle and go to CoC

Jun 4, 2012, 10:40 PM

Pitchers are very injury proned. What if he goes to WCU or CofC and injures his arm. He wouldnt be able to transfer then bc nobody would want him. Then he wouldnt really get the exposure he had hoped for. If Kevin Brady were at a smaller school like that, think anybody would use a scholarship on him to bring him in for 2 years, or just recruit to fill that open spot? If Brady were injured at CofC, nobody would know about him. But bc he pitches some at Clemson, he's still on the radar. See what Im saying? Ever heard of Russ Tomlinson? I played with him. He went to CofC, made FR All-American then hurt his arm. He came back for another year, but wasnt quite the same. Had he been at Clemson or USuC, sobody may have still taken a chance on him. Montgomery made the decision that was best for his future.

YOu are 100% CORRECT

Jun 5, 2012, 9:23 AM

What fans don't understand is

recruits get to know these coaches well. They make relationships with them, etc and when they are wanted- that's what matters.

fans don't undestand that. They'll get on the message boards and whine and complain - and say "my son would never..." -

then it happens- and the opposing coach is sitting in your living room pursuing you and your family- and you are meeting the coaches family and kids- and they personally take an interest in you and your family- things change very quickly

especially when the other coach isn't really interested- or doesn't return your phone calls (or whatever)

Re: Youd be surprised what being shunned by your own school will

Jun 4, 2012, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Youd be surprised what being shunned by your own school will ]

very well said... Jack again!!when will Clemson learn just what Jack is?????????????

Matt Price helped recruit him...Sumter is a pipeline to

Jun 4, 2012, 10:19 PM [ in reply to I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents ]

USuCk after the former coach left...he was a Clemson grad.

What a joke of a post.

Jun 5, 2012, 7:16 AM [ in reply to I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents ]

Putting a rivalry over you or your child's future. Some of you people take all this too seriously.

idiotic...

Jun 5, 2012, 8:20 AM [ in reply to I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents ]

I am as big as a Gamecock fan as anyone will find, but if my son got an offer to play any sport at Clemson, I would be the biggest CU fan for 4 years. I would still pull for USC, but not when they played my son's team.

In fact, if my son was offered by both schools and for some reason really liked a coach, major, atmosphere, etc at the other school, I would encourage him to go where he wants.

He would be his own man, he does not have to go where is Dad went to school.

Re: idiotic...

Jun 5, 2012, 10:53 PM

Well said. This is exactly what any knowledgeable parent would do. Any team you see a Clemson fan say their kid would never play for SC, or vice versa, it's a sure tipoff that their kid's not a high level prospect.

> I am as big as a Gamecock fan as anyone will find,
> but if my son got an offer to play any sport at
> Clemson, I would be the biggest CU fan for 4 years.
> I would still pull for USC, but not when they played
> d my son's team.
>
>
> In fact, if my son was offered by both schools and
> for some reason really liked a coach, major,
> atmosphere, etc at the other school, I would
> encourage him to go where he wants.
>
> He would be his own man, he does not have to go where
> is Dad went to school.

Re: I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents

Jun 5, 2012, 9:06 AM [ in reply to I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents ]

Wingo says hello

You would not let your son play major college baseball for one of the best programs in the country?

If he really wanted to play at usuck I'd let my son play where ever he wanted and oh it might not be your call anyway

You just don't get it...

Jun 5, 2012, 9:10 AM

They're GAMECOCKS. And they wear GARNET. And they're in COLUMBIA. EEEEEWWWWWW

No child is worth all of that.

Well apparently he didn't have a choice. JL didn't want him.***

Jun 5, 2012, 7:47 PM [ in reply to I mean no disrespect to the kid or his parents ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 4, 2012, 10:15 PM

WAY too many of those stories. But Jack is a GREAT recruiter, right? :)

Hindsight is a he1l of a thing, isn't it?***

Jun 4, 2012, 10:28 PM

He was 2011 Gatorade SC Player of the Year...

Jun 4, 2012, 10:30 PM

Shouldnt take hind sight to see the kid was good.

Re: He was 2011 Gatorade SC Player of the Year...

Jun 4, 2012, 10:32 PM

c$$ts have got the one this year locked up also!! sure is good that Jack recruits nationally!!! LMAO

I'm not talking strictly about this situation.***

Jun 4, 2012, 10:33 PM [ in reply to He was 2011 Gatorade SC Player of the Year... ]

Okay. I think Jacks biggest problem is that he has better

Jun 4, 2012, 10:34 PM

ties with coaches from other parts of the country versus SC. However, he has made an attempt to recruit the Southeast better this year.

The vast majority of Clemson's roster...

Jun 4, 2012, 11:02 PM

comes from the Southest. There's a grand total of FIVE players of the 33 on the roster from the Northeast. Twenty one of them come from SC, NC, GA, FL. Kyle Bailey comes from Texas, but he grew up in a Clemson family. Does he count?

Re: The vast majority of Clemson's roster...

Jun 4, 2012, 11:16 PM

This class only has 2 guys outside of the SE. I think thats his most concentrated effort yet to get kids from around here. The last couple of years hes recruited differently.

Jun 4, 2012, 11:11 PM

I heard he grew up a Carolina fan. Just saying.

Jun 4, 2012, 11:19 PM

This is the #### I am so tired of hearing about, if this is true again then send him back to Maine. I am tired of hearing fathers that take their kid to a camp at Clemson and come home very disappointed with the way they were treated by him. Again, send his ### back to Maine.

Jun 5, 2012, 7:40 AM

u know.....in a way, Jack gave the blue print on how to lose and lose royally, to the gamechicks. How in the XXXX were we supposed to know 10 years ago, when we lost 2 in a row (w/ arguably the one of the best teams college baseball has ever seen) that this trend would continue? Great job Jack! Keep pounding Wake Forest! Oh Wait! Sorry. Didnt realize after that lowest of low days in 2002 that not only would I have to accept it, i would have to get used to it for the next 10 years. SIGH.....

Jun 5, 2012, 8:01 AM

Worse than that, he had his Sumter coach call and tell Jack about him, but he was not interested!!

Proof?

Jun 5, 2012, 8:08 AM

You guys are falling for a coot stirring up trouble. Provide a legitimate link proving Jack did not recruit him.

Amen

Jun 5, 2012, 8:22 AM

Please Please Please tell me this isn't the next Scott Freaking Wingo for the next 4 years.

Fact: No one has offered any evidence to the legitimacy of this claim, so when it sounds completely ludicrous it might be best to assume so and not trust it.

Fact: No one, I repeat NO ONE gets full rides in baseball. There are 11.7 scholarships to go around to about 25-30 guys. If one guy gets a full ride, then everyone else loses partial scholarships.

If you want to be upset we lose to #####, go for it. If you think Jack Leggett is the problem, it's your prerogative, but please get real evidence don't just jump on the first stupid claim that is out there.

Re: Amen

Jun 5, 2012, 9:07 AM

We had a better 2nd basemen but I would have offered wingo out of respect for his dad

Re: Proof?

Jun 5, 2012, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Proof? ]

Shoot a quick email to the baseball department of Sumter High. I know you don't want to believe it because it is so ridiculous that JL didn't want him. I would have loved to have seen Jordan pitch for CU but I have to admit it had to be sweet to send a coach home that didn't want you!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic