Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SCAR will easily start 0-3, and be underdogs in all 3
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

SCAR will easily start 0-3, and be underdogs in all 3

Apr 20, 2015, 2:39 PM

of those games. In fact, i dont see how 2 of the first 3 will even be close?

1. UNC (in Charlotte). UNC leads the ACC with 17 returning starters to a team that beat Georgia Tech and scored 35 points against our #1 nationally ranked Defense in Death Valley. They hired Gene Chizik to bandage the Defense, but lets be honest here: UNC's offense will score 50 + points on that Defense, and SCAR's offense with no QB having ever started a CFB Game, their top 2 RBs gone, no Offensive line, and literally 1 returning WR simply won't be able to keep up with the scoring clinic UNC will put on.

2. UGA in Athens. Pretty much enough said. Some frustration will be taken out in this game.

3. UCF in Columbia. Central Florida has won 10 + games 2 straight years including a BCS bowl victory in 2013. George O'Leary's teams always play good Defense, and again: where will the points come from on SCAR's sideline?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: SCAR will easily start 0-3, and be underdogs in all 3

Apr 20, 2015, 2:42 PM

You say 0-3 like we actually expect them to win any games this year, smh,, lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2015, 2:50 PM

what running back other than mike davis did they lose?

Apr 20, 2015, 2:50 PM

THEY. LMAO

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2015, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR will easily start 0-3, and be underdogs in all 3 ]

It wont matter who left or stayed. They are done pretending

SCar is favored over UNC right now.

Apr 20, 2015, 2:51 PM

Will be underdogs to UGA. Should be favored over UCF.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

If the Capons do start the season 0 - 3....

Apr 20, 2015, 2:52 PM

they'll struggle to finish the season with four (4) wins.

I think starting 1 - 2 is more likely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'll predict they beat UNC and UCF but see them getting

Apr 20, 2015, 2:54 PM

beat down in Athens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll predict they beat UNC and UCF but see them getting

Apr 20, 2015, 4:37 PM

So, Shaw DOES have eligibility left? They have NO offense. They wont beat UNC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they have any chance in Athens, and i think

Apr 20, 2015, 2:55 PM

UNC will probably be favored, but not by a huge amount. They will be favored at home against UCF. 1-2 is probably the most likely outcome, followed by 2-1. 0-3 is considerably more likely to happen than 3-0.

Saying they will "easily start 0-3" is definitely a Clemson homer statement, but i would agree that it is in the realm of possibility.

Last I saw, SCar was -7 vs. UNC.***

Apr 20, 2015, 2:57 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

That's wild. I'll drop a huge $1 bet on that game on

Apr 20, 2015, 3:08 PM

whatever Cent Sports is called these days.

Looks like you can make some $$$ in Vegas or on-line***

Apr 20, 2015, 3:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's still too early. The line can change.***

Apr 20, 2015, 3:03 PM

It's still very early and the line will change.******

Apr 20, 2015, 3:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 20, 2015, 3:22 PM

I think UNC is not getting the credit they deserve against USuCk because of the SEC affiliation. But I to believe UNC does win against the chickenz. Starting them off in a ruckus. 0-1

Georgia will just man handle them. I don't know what happened with Georgia last year but I don't see them being embarrassed again by losing to USuCk. 0-2 and the fire Spurrier chants begin to rumble.

Central Florida is tougher than they are given credit for as well. I recently told a friend at work the UCF could possibly be the upset alert over USuCk. Though I say that UCF could win I believe USuCk pulls one out of their arses to quiet the "fire everyone" crowd down in cootlumbia. 1-2 and suddenly the cocker heads think that USuCk matters again.
Just my predictions.

Message was edited by: feraltyger®

People trust Spurrier more than Fedora

Apr 20, 2015, 3:32 PM

Nothing to do with ACC vs SEC. Vegas doesn't set odds like that.

Re: People trust Spurrier more than Fedora

Apr 20, 2015, 4:38 PM

People arent paying attention to whats going on in cootville. I dont see the coots getting out of this one without giving up 35-45 points.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2015, 5:09 PM

I hope you are right! I would love nothing more.

Apr 20, 2015, 7:14 PM

I see 2-1.

I think they lose to UNC. Spurrier usually still has grass in his golf shoes for the opener and doesn't usually know his players' names yet, owing mostly to the fact that he hasn't been back in his office since the Spring Game, so they've traditionally looked awful in Week 1. To say the Gamecocks have been slow starters is putting it mildly. Spurrier's a short-hours guy who very much enjoys his Augusta membership and he tends not to check back in for work until he reluctantly wanders off the golf course that last week in August. Against Texas A&M it got ugly last year. It could do the same against UNC, who had a VERY strong offense last season and return all but one starter off it.

That makes Spurrier grumpy, so at that point he usually goes and actually does some film study, learns his players names, comes up with a coherent gameplan...and then unloads on UGA in Week 2. He's got so much of a whammy on Mark Richt it isn't funny. Like I said, I really do think Richt will shoot Spurrier in the face at some point.

Maybe UCF will shock us...but if USC has just beaten UGA - and they will, we've seen that particular ###### so many times that I'm amazed anybody questions it, anymore - then I really don't see them losing to UCF. Maybe UCF will surprise. If you look at O'Leary's coaching roster, they look like a coaching All-Star team from 15 years ago...all the hot names from 2000 are there, and while their coaching stocks may have plummeted since then those guys have coached a boatload of football games over their careers. But in terms of resources and talent UCF should not be competitive with the likes of South Carolina.

So past history tells me 2-1. I'd love to see 0-3...but alas, you will not catch me betting against the Visor. Personally I think they finish around 8-4 on the year, even with all those issues at QB. I think their D will be improved - Hoke is a good coach by all accounts, and the D can't be much worse - and if Spurrier has trouble moving the ball and scoring touchdowns, it will be the first time that has ever happened to Spurrier. He's very much in Paul Johnson's class when it comes to offensive acumen - and folks, it NEVER matters what Johnson has (or doesn't have) on paper; he figures out a way to move the ball with what he's got.

People, this is one of the top 4-5 offensive minds of all time in college football. Love him, hate him, I don't care. Anybody who argues that is just...off. Maybe he's lost his touch. Maybe. But I didn't see it last year, whatever people tried to say...their offense was still plenty effective last year; their main problem was the fact that their defense was one of the worst in college football. Which Spurrier does not, and never had, anything to do with. He hires people for that.

Apr 20, 2015, 7:22 PM

I would not flinch at betting the line against UNC or UCF , but UGA is a loss barring a complete Dawg meltdown like last year @ Columbia.
I think they start 0-2 , but UCF is not going to beat them in their home opener.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 20, 2015, 7:50 PM

> I would not flinch at betting the line against UNC or
> UCF , but UGA is a loss barring a complete Dawg
> meltdown like last year @ Columbia.
> I think they start 0-2 , but UCF is not going to beat
> them in their home opener.

Richt is good for those. All Spurrier has to do is confound him and keep the game close...and Richt, inevitably, will try to out-clever Spurrier. At which point he calls the QB's number on 4th-and-2 instead of just handing the ball off to Todd Gurley or Nick Chubb 45 times in a row like he did against us. Richt is a religious man, and I'm not talking about his Christianity. Richt is also a fervent adherent of a much stranger religion called Balance. (Tommy Bowden had the same problem.)

When you worship at the altar of Balance, it doesn't matter if you've got a new QB or nondescript wide receivers - and a huge nasty O-line and arguably the best stable of running backs in college football. You're still going to have a 50/50 run-pass ratio, you're still going to waste 35%-45% of your play-calls running plays your team in no way can execute, and in key situations, at key moments, you're going to do exactly the opposite of what your strengths are...to confuse the opposition, see. Watch UGA sometime. There's a reason they can level Clemson one week, beat Mizzou by 40...and still fritter enough games away in incomprensible fashion that Mizzou still winds up in the SEC Championship Game. Richt just does not, and has never had, a realistic grasp on what his strengths are as a team. If I was Richt, with the RB stable he had last year, I would have literally run the ball 80% of the time - or until the other team basically lined up in a 5-5-2 with NO safety help whatsoever over the top. Then, and only then, would I have considered throwing the ball. He literally wastes a third of his offensive plays trying to do stuff his team CANNOT DO. And he's done it his entire career. He may also make a Nice Guy public persona, but there's also clearly some serious negative coaching going on - his guys are always wired up TIGHT, and tend to get the yips and drops and fumbles at weird moments. They are distinctly un-clutch in pressure situations. Whatever's going on at UGA, his guys are not having a lot of fun out there.

Spurrier doesn't care about any of that. He just figures out what he's got that'll work, lets it rip, then whacks you over the head with it until the game's over and calls it a day.

he had quite a few brain farts last year

Apr 20, 2015, 8:36 PM

The Kentucky, Tennessee and Mizzou games were directly Spurriers fault.

There's a real possibility of SCAR only winning a couple of games

Apr 20, 2015, 9:37 PM

They lose their o-line, qb, and rb. They have some good receivers but there's gotta be someone to get it to them. I see them running the wildcat about 10 times a game. Don't see them scoring much. Defense has guys coming back but they're all awful so who cares. This is what happens when you don't recruit any d-lineman for 4 years. This has the makings of a really bad season for them, like 2-10 bad.

Y'all are giving UNC a little too much credit

Apr 20, 2015, 9:56 PM

When was the last time the Tarholes won 8 games or more?

Re: Y'all are giving UNC a little too much credit

Apr 20, 2015, 10:01 PM

Well we know theyll win at least one this year. And i dont blame them for scheduling an easy ooc game

Apr 20, 2015, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR will easily start 0-3, and be underdogs in all 3 ]

Spurrier was a great offensive mind but the past 2 seasons he's lost his ability to manage games. Especially clock management. It showed in his losses where he simply gave up even trying to win.
I do not like Spurrier at all but I always have him credit as one of the best at in game adjustments. He's lost that ability. Those 4th quarter implosion had a lot to do with the defense collapsing but the c0cks were still in those games and Spurrier gave up. That Tennessee game is a great example. His best days are far behind him and he's just waiting to pack it up and go back to Florida. I just think he doesn't want to go out with a season like the last one.

Apr 20, 2015, 7:01 PM

Why the heck did UNCheat agree to a neutral site game??? Don't the coots owe them a return game from the 2013 home game?

Apr 20, 2015, 10:00 PM

Money!

Apr 20, 2015, 8:20 PM

I think they'll start 2-1 with their loss being to UGA.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 20, 2015, 8:34 PM

usuc secondary will have their hands full with Q.Davis and Ryan Switzer

Apr 20, 2015, 9:58 PM

I hope USUC JR loses 10 games this year. Time will tell.
1. I never have any confidence in UNC beating anyone on any given day.
2. The old ball sack seems to own Mark Richt.
3. UCF is a solid team. Should be an interesting game.

Apr 20, 2015, 11:15 PM

UGA will pummel coots by 24+ this year. Mark it down. ##### go 3-9 at best

Apr 20, 2015, 11:44 PM

Hope you are correct. History in sporting events means a lot. It is a good prediction of future outcomes. Spurrier owns Richt.

Apr 20, 2015, 11:13 PM

Coots are favored by 7.5 over unc moron

Apr 20, 2015, 11:54 PM

> Coots are favored by 7.5 over unc moron

: What were they favored against TAMU last season , in their opener ...at home ?
People are forgetting how bad they have gotten all the sudden. Forget the streak , forget 11 wins a year in that 3 year period , forget that Spurrier is so adept at winning with what he's got ...this Coot team is not talented enough to win significant games anymore.
Donesville , Sh:t the bed , over and out .
This will be a 4 or 5 win team , tops.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

0-3 is a possibility

Apr 20, 2015, 11:38 PM

Though you can't count on UNCheat to beat them and I learned not to count Spurrier out against Georgia. UCF will be a shootout, but I imagine USuC has a little better athletes so they may squeeze that out in their first home game. I think 7-5 will be a very good season for them in 2015.

Apr 21, 2015, 7:29 AM

The coot's best QB LAST YEAR was Pharoah Cooper, and if they can talk him into being their QB THIS YEAR, then they will win some games. Just don't tell them...oh wait.

#getcocky***

Apr 21, 2015, 8:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic