Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SB article on recruiting-
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,827

SB article on recruiting-

Jul 10, 2018, 11:09 AM

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2018/7/10/17524952/clemson-football-recruiting-class-of-2019-stars-commits

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SB article on recruiting-

Jul 10, 2018, 11:26 AM

I guess this is called "cycling out?"

Seriously, some people act as if signing day is next week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 11:43 AM

It’s difficult to tell what will happen as a result of what we do in recruiting this year. I will say this: our staff had proven that are great at finding under the radar guys and developing them. I think a lot of people will be surprised at what this staff will do with the players in this class. I know I have been in the past. We are second to none in player development and taking lower rated classes and winning big with them. Dabo isn’t offering a bunch of scrubs. They can play or else he wouldn’t be offering them. If they can come in and buy into the program they will win a lot of games. Can they win like we are now? That’s what I will be waiting to see. It’s difficult to get to the top and even harder to stay there. All I can say is enjoy it while it lasts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 12:04 PM

agree, one year is not going to make a difference. We are loaded with talented freshmen and sophomores. A lot of recruits want to play now and may not see playing immediately at Clemson. We're going to be just fine!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: SB article on recruiting- ]

Also, some of these lowly 3-star guys will get elevated to acceptable 4-star status before all is said and done. This does not affect their ability or their future or how the coaching staff views them, but it will like ease the pain of some our t-netter friends.

Exactly

Jul 10, 2018, 3:16 PM

I believe that when these guys go through the camps their rankings will be elevated. The recruiting services, although biased at times, will begin to see some of what our staff has seen all along.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great article.***

Jul 10, 2018, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

theTigernet Bored is right then ...

Jul 10, 2018, 12:06 PM

3 stars are da debil

..."But if we see another 10 or so 3 star guys it is fair to say the staff missed on this class and that 2020 is going to have to be an exceptional year for Clemson recruiting" ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks***

Jul 10, 2018, 12:08 PM

we'll all be sitting back laughing

Jul 10, 2018, 12:55 PM

when we land a few 5 stars. Crouch is supposedly silent commit to us. We could shock Alabama by getting Clay Webb. Travon Walker is a 5 star who is high on us. Joseph Ngata WAS ranked a 5 star until his interest starting trending our way. So is Andrew Booth, who, if we lose to UGA, is going to HURT. He's a can't lose prospect in my opinion.

Also, can't a few of our 4 stars rise to 5? Or do they only do that when you're committed to the sechumps? ;) We GOOD

Re: we'll all be sitting back laughing

Jul 10, 2018, 2:21 PM

Yeah I think you’re right, only happens if you’re an sechump or tosu... so cal to lesser extent.

What I thought when I read this article is looking at the classes Dabo has signed and they’ re comparable to the 11-15 classes and guess what they’ve done as juniors and seniors- 3 straight cfp and a natty.

So it’s like, well ok we’re right where we want to be then !!! I do have to agree that we do need to be humble. The paw is powerful and reaching further and further. Another couple natty’s. Staying power and then we will be THE blueblood of CFB.

Which is what I firmly believe Dabo IS building the model like the few great ones before.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everything in this article

Jul 10, 2018, 3:09 PM

Is nonsense. They give little credit to the coaches who know what they want to fill their roster. Apparently, coaching means nothing and star ratings means everything. I’ll never be convinced of that. Leave it to coach Dabo and I assure you that the “sky will not fall” on Death Valley. Support Clemson

Re: everything in this article

Jul 10, 2018, 4:21 PM

I'm not real sure what you read but they gave the coaches a lot of credit in saying the coaches knew what the needs are. Also said talent is a down year for our traditional footprint... although uga is kinda smoking us on in state talent that the last few years we've gotten. each reads it different I suppose.

Re: everything in this article

Jul 10, 2018, 4:32 PM [ in reply to everything in this article ]

Did you read the article? They gave lots of credit to the coaching staff, pointing out that while it may seem like a down year, a lot of this is because the raw number of blue chip recruits out there is down vs previous years.

Jul 10, 2018, 5:59 PM

It's way premature to judge this class. We're talking about juniors in high school.

Even though we're the #4 class on rivals, people are losing their minds.

Wait til November...then we'll see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we are still getting a very high percentage of

Jul 10, 2018, 6:27 PM

players we want. I understand full well that this isn't the good old days where most good players waited until signing day to commit or announce, but we would not be taking this many "fall backs" this early. Nobody gets all of the top players on their board, but at this stage, we are getting guys we want and need.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic