Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
S. Watkins - "someone coached him well..."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,655

S. Watkins - "someone coached him well..."

Sep 16, 2014, 8:52 AM

Nice compliment to our coaches for Sammy's polished skills.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/monday-rewind--sammy-watkins--plug-and-play-003438277.html

"The overt skills catch your eyes first, but he's doing a lot of little things right, too. Someone coached him well at some point, and he's taken to that coaching."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: S. Watkins - "someone coached him well..."

Sep 16, 2014, 8:53 AM

Not to say our coaches didn't help him a long the way, but Sammy came into Clemson with polished skills.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right...guess he learned nothing in 3 years***

Sep 16, 2014, 8:57 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are right...guess he learned nothing in 3 years***

Sep 16, 2014, 9:05 AM

He learned to be a man. He learned how to be a grown up and a better person in the community for sure. He got an education. But from what I saw in Sammy's talent and skill wise from 2011 to 2013 he came to Clemson with the same skill that he left with. He was just that good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2014, 10:01 AM

One of those rare players who was physically ready for the NFL at 17-18 years old.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2014, 10:17 AM

Question regarding Sammy (and Zac Brooks). If Sammy had stayed for his senior year and Zac hadn't gotten hurt, do we win the UGA game in Athens?

WOW!!! I had no idea Sammy was Polish...

Sep 16, 2014, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: S. Watkins - "someone coached him well..." ]

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: S. Watkins - "someone coached him well..."

Sep 16, 2014, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: S. Watkins - "someone coached him well..." ]

It amazes me how many on this board seek out to find negatives for any positive comment about our coaching staff. There is no way Sammy was "polished" when he arrived at Clemson. He was an amazing raw talent no doubt, but still needed to learn more about the position other than just running fast and catching; even he has said as much. Furthermore, "the little things" can also refer to more than just the football field, especially when the NFL is currently experiencing the PR nightmare of player transgressions.

Two years ago Dabo taught Sammy a lesson that is more valuable than any skill he will ever learn on a football field.

that can't be right***

Sep 16, 2014, 8:54 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I like our coaches but I give most of the credit to SAMMY!***

Sep 16, 2014, 9:27 AM

Do we have someone on our coaching staff who even played WR?

Sep 16, 2014, 9:29 AM

Someone who's nothing but a cheerleader?

SuckitSTS and Dumpers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Dabo say Sammy was easily coached?***

Sep 16, 2014, 9:57 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,655
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic