Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ryley Gilliam
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,037

Ryley Gilliam

Apr 19, 2018, 9:38 AM

I just wanted to remind y’all how good this guy’s stuff was in hopes of maybe seeing his top form again soon. Two years ago today he pitched 5 innings in our 12-0 win vs UGA, and here is his stat line:
Most importantly he got the win, let up 1 hit in 5 innings of work, only walked one guy and allowed obviously 0 runs.
Now he hasn’t pitched like this in a while but if we can get him pitching like that again we have ourselves a closer. Add that with some fresh hot bats and we have a chance to make some noise in the tournament. Go tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ryley Gilliam

Apr 19, 2018, 9:41 AM

PITCHING AINT THE PROBLEM. FACT IS THAT THE GUYS WE EXPECTED TO CARRY THIS TEAM HAVE NOT PRODUCED AS OF YET. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL GET IT TOGETHER.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 9:56 AM

Oddly, in his last outing against UGA, he came in in relief and pitched to two batters and got two outs, both by strikeouts.

That's his most recent outing and pretty good?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

And this is the problem I see with Monte

Apr 19, 2018, 10:08 AM

It is just my opinion and a couple of years doesn't give us enough data to make a certain conclusion but so far I haven't seen the player development I would like to see in this program. Players should improve during their time here and so far it seems to me if anything, primarily in terms of batting, player development isn't what it could be. It seems to me players give up a chance to hit a great pitch on a 3-0 count but I don't know if they are given the "take" sign or if the players just decide not to swing but that 3-0 and 3-1 count give two great opportunities to hit a fastball and if one is taken away that really cripples production. I'm pulling for Monte and I love Clemson baseball so hopefully he can finish strong and wake the bats up here when we need them. I will be in Winston Salem to pull for us vs Wake!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 7:54 AM

He pitched the whole season his freshman year with a broken bone in his pitching hand wrist. Faced with the decision to sit out that year and red shirt or gut it out to potentially help the team, he chose to play and have surgery in the summer missing playing summer ball. He was a fireman last year instead of a closer and they wore him out early. Friday vs Miami they gave him ZERO time to get hot from the pen and panicked after Gobin wet the bed (should have never been in the game in the first place). I'm sure that Clemson at some point will have the #1 rated closer in college ball but today they have the #5 via Baseball America and #11 via D1 Baseball in Gilliam. He isnt coming back next year. Bottom line this year, hitting or lack of it is the issue and primarily with RISP. Get hot late and we still have a chance to make some noise.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2018, 1:01 PM

We absolutely can not hit especially LHP , our pitching is doing very well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,037
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic