Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Learned something last night about Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Learned something last night about Louisville

Oct 11, 2013, 8:21 AM

They do not look very strong. Rutgers O-Line was deplorable and looked like they had never worked on lineman stunts which caused several sacks and forced throws. Teddy B looked decent but could have easily thrown 2 more pics in the game had Rutgers been looking for the football instead of the receiver. Louisville is a fine team, but no where near the upper level they aspire to be and the conference in which they play should definitely leave them out of any BCS bowl. Undefeated in impressive in any conference, but looking at their schedule certainly doesn't worry me in the least. Louisville will bring a better team to our conference, but I can see them having several losses in ACC play!!

Go Tigers, beat BC!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strength of Schedule surprised me a little

Oct 11, 2013, 8:33 AM

All ratings were 120 to 140. I don't think SOS will let them be higher than #5 even with multiple 1 loss teams. Kind of like Boise a couple years ago.

Louisville will likely play in another BCS Bowl this year...

Oct 11, 2013, 8:48 AM

but the ONLY CHANCE they will or should have to play for the National Championship is for every undefeated team in the polls to lose and even them some one-loss teams should probably get selected ahead of them.

Louisville's schedule is an absolute joke.

Frankly I think teams like Oklahoma, UCLA, Miami, Baylor Michigan and Texas Tech should be ranked ahead of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Rutgers biggest problem last night was the play of their QB

Oct 11, 2013, 8:40 AM

He constantly locked-on to the primary receiver even when covered by two or three defenders and completely overlooking his wide open secondary receivers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rutgers biggest problem last night was the play of their QB

Oct 11, 2013, 8:43 AM

Agree - from what I saw, he was telegraphing everything he threw. He's got a good arm, but he needs to work on looking off his receivers.

Good observations, but...

Oct 11, 2013, 8:41 AM

It's difficult to judge a team based on a single performance. I know, that's part of how we compare teams, but drawing definitive conclusions about Louisville based on last night's game would be similar to drawing definitive conclusions about Clemson based on our game with NC State. Sure, those games are part of the file on both teams, but they aren't the last word.

Louisville didn't play well last night, but I still think they are a very good team. Sure their SOS is weak, but I think they would have success against higher quality teams as well. But I also think they are going to be on the outside looking in, even if they win out...

Differences

Oct 11, 2013, 9:00 AM

Our NC State game was on the road and their game last night was at home. More importantly, Clemson has marq uee match ups to be judged from. If we win then it looks great for us. Louisville does not have any of those match ups. Rutgers is probably the 3rd best team they will play.

UCF Friday 10/18 @ 8 in Louisville. It will answer a lot.***

Oct 11, 2013, 8:52 AM

null

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Rutgers is comparable to Syracuse...

Oct 11, 2013, 9:12 AM

Those teams are pretty evenly matched, IMO. Call me biased, but for Louisville to eek out a win against that, I was not impressed. Halfway into the season and I'm confused as to why they're still so highly touted, or how Bridgewater continues to receive all these accolades.

Three reasons

Oct 11, 2013, 9:27 AM

First - Louisville an Bridgewater are both pretty darn good.

Second - The lofty ranking was based largely on their Sugar Bowl win over Florida last year

Third - An incredibly weak schedule that virtually assures them of another BCS Bowl appearance this year.

I agree with #2 & #3

Oct 11, 2013, 9:35 AM

I watch a lot of football though and I believe #3 makes #1 look true. As much as I hate it - God, I'm going to hate typing this... But put Louisville in the SEC WEST - (not East - West) and they're a .500 team. Even with our schedule, I say they'd go 9-3.

Right now Louisville is the 4th or 5th best team in the ACC

Oct 11, 2013, 9:53 AM

behind Clemson, FSU, and Miami. I think VT and GT would give them absolute fits.

Re: Right now Louisville is the 4th or 5th best team in the ACC

Oct 11, 2013, 12:15 PM

I agree! While they cannot control who they play within the conference, it is very apparent nobody wants to play them or they do not want to play any power programs. I look forward to adding them to the conference, but I believe they are overrated this year based primarily on beating Florida as another poster pointed out. Undefeated is great, but not highly impressive against such lackluster competition.

Go Tigers, beat BC!!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic