Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Russian Bounties: This is the same military unit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 804

Russian Bounties: This is the same military unit

Jun 28, 2020, 10:27 AM

that tried to poison Sergei Skripal in the UK a few years back. They are basically Putin’s hit squad.

I’m not sure why people seem to be so surprised when something like this is leaked. We know this president doesn’t like to read the daily brief, and has run off all of his National Security advisors. So when the White House claims ignorance as their best defense, it is actually believable.

This is not surprising news. Just more evidence of dangerous incompetence.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ex-national-security-officials-question-trump-russian-bounty-denial-2020-6

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were these the same former national security people who...

Jun 28, 2020, 10:29 AM

contributed to the Russian collusion hoax?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your inference is not relevant at all

Jun 28, 2020, 10:39 AM

Putin put bounties on our soldier’s heads and the president hides behind his lack of awareness on the matter as an excuse. It is beyond weak and pitiful.

Re: Your inference is not relevant at all

Jun 28, 2020, 10:50 AM

You spend 2 1/2 years 'proving Trump is a Russian agent and guilty of treason,' so no one with two or more brain cells respects your opinion.

That goes for the rest of the maroons here who pushed that fake news too. You lost your credibility long ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact that the Mueller report was incomplete

Jun 28, 2020, 11:07 AM

didn’t absolve him or his campaign of wrongdoing. The reason it was incomplete was because Trump and Barr obstructed.

Just because he said he was innocent, and because you profess to somehow know that he was innocent without all the facts, doesn’t make it so, no matter how many times you scream into your keyboard.

Still, none of this is actually relevant to the current story, except as a convenient distraction, another sideshow to avoid discussing what is happening now.

Just give up.

So you're sticking to your rhetoric in defiance of...

Jun 28, 2020, 11:20 AM

the truth and fact that Mueller found no evidence that any american colluded with Russia? I'm promoting you right now.

You are maroon in chief.

This should be a bigger story than Benghazi,

Jun 28, 2020, 10:33 AM

assuming "I support the troops" is actually a thing. We're about to find out that it's not actually a thing, except when it's politically convenient.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This should be a bigger story than Benghazi,

Jun 28, 2020, 10:39 AM

Not really 19B, see reason below. This is what competing super powers do in truth, fight proxy wars because it avoids going toe to toe and having things get out of hand.

Not at all the same as the Embassy thing.

I mean, if the Embassy thing was so serious, and so obvious

Jun 28, 2020, 12:31 PM

cut and dried, we should probably investigate it. I mean, beyond the 7 investigations that have already happened, including 4 led by the GOP House. Oh, and the current (8th) one that I assume is still open. Seriously, why aren't we investigating?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I mean, if the Embassy thing was so serious, and so obvious

Jun 28, 2020, 12:36 PM

Hmm, did not recall saying it should be investigated again, just different.

I'm trying to figure out how many Americans were killed

Jun 28, 2020, 10:55 AM [ in reply to This should be a bigger story than Benghazi, ]

due to actions by other Americans, since they are equal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### YOU FOR NOT BEING OUTRAGED!?!

Jun 28, 2020, 11:09 AM

These are ex national security people. They almost had Trump with that fake russian collusion hoax and now here you are insinuating that they are not trustworthy.

I just don't know what to do with you anymore.

It would appear that inaction by an American President

Jun 28, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to I'm trying to figure out how many Americans were killed ]

got Americans killed in this instance, yes? And without repercussions, because...reasons.

Re: It would appear that inaction by an American President

Jun 28, 2020, 1:11 PM

Repercussions? Dude you are funny, we helped unleash a Muslim jihad on them by backing OBL and the mujahadeen.

You want to start a shooting war with Russia? Go on ahead you will whine over that next.

Re: This should be a bigger story than Benghazi,

Jun 28, 2020, 11:11 AM [ in reply to This should be a bigger story than Benghazi, ]

The lack of ability to compare and contrast two situations is a large part of the big problem with the left.

So the bounty on Soldiers is worse than Benghazi? God all mighty! That is just plain stupid. This bounty story is hyped to make Trump look bad.

This kind of crap (bounty) happens all the time. The USA does it too. Maybe not with a cash "bounty" as much as with equipment.

All countries in a position to do so, are perpetually shaping the battlespace with covert actions.

The difference now is we are not responding, at all

Jun 28, 2020, 11:21 AM

We just look pitiful and weak by pleading ignorance.

It is actually pathetic.

Want to see your reply if Trump was telling the truth.

Jun 28, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to This should be a bigger story than Benghazi, ]

'What, Russians have put a price on American soldiers' heads and Trump didn't know it?'

Then Profucious and Chucktown would have a two girl circlejerk about how this proves he's a Russian plant and Putin is helping him get reelected.

...and we'd all be watching with great interest.

Re: Russian Bounties: This is the same military unit

Jun 28, 2020, 10:34 AM

Faux outrage at best in my opinion considering we backed the Mujahadeen and Osama BinLaden to kill Russians while they were in that rat hole. CIA tossed money and weapons to them for years to kill Russians. Particularly the Stinger missles that kept the Russian helicopters at bay.

Sadly when we pulled out of that adventure the CIA guys warning on the ground was dismissed. He likened OBL to a rabid dog, one you just do not let live and wandering about.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:40 AM

Remind me - what perks were the Russian leadership lobbying for us on the global stage while we were fighting a proxy war? If you really think the current political relationship between Russia & the US is the same as it was then you have absolutely no clue.

This administration claims Russia is a friend. Back then they were clearly the enemy.

Jun 28, 2020, 1:19 PM

Well China is the new boogie man. No friendship is perfect and in truth we are gonna need the Russians and Indians. Back when we chose Pakistan over India we chose poorly.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Russian Bounties: This is the same military unit ]

So we're in a Cold War again? Someone should tell the President.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Putin is a dirty SOB. I don’t care what happened back then

Jun 28, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Russian Bounties: This is the same military unit ]

My son’s friend and rugby teammate from Wando HS made Ranger last year and is over there. Great kid and family, his dad is a fireman.

This is the kind of story that pisses me off, but at the same time, I’m just resigned to the fact that our leaders in Washington don’t give a ####.

To them, they are just expendable pieces on a chess board.

Re: Putin is a dirty SOB. I don’t care what happened back then

Jun 28, 2020, 1:07 PM

Do not care about back then? That is absurd and a touch moronic.

Clue for you, if your job is carrying a true assault rifle you signed up for danger and yes you are expendable. You just hope the cause is valid. You also hope you make the other team die for their political masters and you get to go home.

History only applies when

Jun 28, 2020, 1:10 PM

Re: History only applies when

Jun 28, 2020, 1:13 PM

Yup and it is pucking maddening

You are right about proxy wars

Jun 28, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Putin is a dirty SOB. I don’t care what happened back then ]

but if you are suggesting OBL and Al Qaeda were once Russian proxies, you have lost me. To my knowledge, they were Saudi-backed Salifists, and actually were allied with Anti-Russian salifist elements in Chechnya. So that's probably why I don't care, you basically got the history wrong.

Anyway, if this is the best cover story we can come up with to explain the Russian engagement, or lack thereof from Americans, it doesn't seem like a cause worth dying for, let alone a valid one. If you aren't going to 100% support the troops, just get them the hell out of there.

Re: You are right about proxy wars

Jun 28, 2020, 3:47 PM

No you got the history wrong. We , the USA by way of the CIA, supplied training and weapons to OBL and mujahadeen. Read a bit before you wanna argue, it keeps you from appearing ignorant. OBL was our rabid dog and we supplied them with Stinger rockets to boot.

Jun 28, 2020, 3:50 PM

To kill Russians in Afghanistan, we did that.

Jun 28, 2020, 3:53 PM

We also did not listen to CIA on the ground in Afghanistan who said to kill OBL as we were winding down ops in the rat hole country.

I don't have a problem with any of these points

Jun 28, 2020, 7:20 PM

it is all factual. Except that OBL, AQ, & the Taliban were never considered proxies for Russia against the USA throughout the 90s or 2000s. You'd have to show me some evidence of that one, I'd never heard it before.

Your inference seems to be that the CIA use the Mujahids in the 1980s as proxies to disrupt Russian intentions there. You somehow use this logic to pretend that we should be sympathetic that the Russians would want to do the same, using the 2020 Taliban as proxies to disrupt America's interest in that hellhole.

It smells like a kind of Karl Rove bs argument to me. We don't have to put up with any proxy, no matter what we did forty years ago when we were in a nuclear cold war with our rival. \

For you to suggest that kind of reasoning, just furthers my point that no one in the military should want to support that kind of asinine foreign policy position. It is no wonder people like Mattis left this failed administration. They are idiots.

Re: I don't have a problem with any of these points

Jun 29, 2020, 7:30 AM

Good grief, you may actually be that stupid.

I NEVER said OBL,AQ and the Taliban were proxies for Russia you frigging moron. I said they worked for us while Russia was fighting there and we trained and supplied them to kill Russians. Can you read AND comprehend? For pucks sakes you are just dense.

You started a thread crying over a supposed Russian bounty, I said it was no worse than what we did while the Russians were mired in Afghanistan . We may not have paid a bounty to get Russians killed but by training,supplying the like of old OBL and the mujahadeen we certainly killed a whole lot.

I now believe you only have 2 living brain cells and one is scuffed, you sir are clinically brain dead.

Jun 29, 2020, 8:08 AM

Or it could be a simple case of #### glaucoma too, you got you head so far up your buttt you cannot see shat.

Jun 29, 2020, 8:09 AM

okay I'll try rectal

well that was a nice little meltdown

Jun 29, 2020, 10:51 AM

Sorry you missed the point, but if you could stop hyperventilating for a minute, your brain might actually have enough oxygen to help you see it.

JC, I'd call you a little baby, but that would be an insult to all the precious little babies who ultimately have higher level reasoning skills than yourself. There's probably an adult hiding in there somewhere, and if he is allowed to come out, maybe there would be less emotion in your posts, and more substance.

I'm sure you will correct his post with another poorly argued idea full of ad hominem gyrations. Feel free to go off again, but it will just serve to demonstrate to the world that I once again have the correct perspective.

Good day to you, lol.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:51 AM

This upcoming election may be a couple of the most disappointing choices ever. Both are loopie and erratic. At a time like this we need far better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you want to know why we have these two choices...

Jun 28, 2020, 11:13 AM

look around at the cancel culture.

You have to be nuts and an egomaniac to want to go through that scrutiny AND drag your family through it.

If you think you can make a difference in the world, try a different occupation than politician.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you want to know why we have these two choices...

Jun 28, 2020, 1:22 PM

Yup , ain’t nobody passing the current purity tests.

The only Republicans to speak out so far are these guys

Jun 28, 2020, 11:03 AM

from the Lincoln Project. No Lindsey Graham, Marsha Blackburn, Mitch McConnell and so forth and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiDkTOKI7Ro

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then there’s this...

Jun 28, 2020, 12:35 PM

Replies: 38
| visibility 804
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic