Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rushing the field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,672

Rushing the field

Jun 24, 2020, 1:28 PM

Even if there is a football season with fans, will they allow rushing the field anymore after games? Or when will they start allowing it? Is the tradition in jeapordy?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rushing the field

Jun 24, 2020, 1:34 PM

I don't know if fans will technically be able to storm the field but it is definitely still going to happen. There's already a clock telling fans to refrain from rushing the field until it hits zero but we rush the field early anyway. If thousands of fans clad in orange and regalia simultaneously rush the field, there's really no way to enforce the ban. It's a tradition and will continue to occur this upcoming season.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 1:47 PM

In an effort to protect the players from further exposure I doubt very seriously they allow it to happen this year. Hopefully by 2021 we can do so again, as it is a great tradition unique to Clemson.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 1:48 PM

We dont rush the field. We are allowed to go on and mingle we players and coaches afterward. Your very use of the phase shows the depth of your misinformation

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 1:55 PM

And if it is stopped this year you can bet it stays stopped... I am amazed it still is allowed...Since the SEC SEC SEC bans it,one would think Swoffie would want to emulate them...And if you have watched it, it is a rush...the "mingling" only happens when no one can"rush" any farther...

Message was edited by: Mogambu®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 2:52 PM

Nope - I call it “going out on the field after the game” and I’ve been doing it since I was a little boy getting chin straps and sweatbands in the 60s and 70s. There’s no rushing to it.

Jun 24, 2020, 3:23 PM

I see it as social distancing from the tens of thousands in the stands.

Jun 24, 2020, 2:56 PM

It's "Rushing to the Paw" AKA "Gathering at the Paw". but looks more like the former. LOL.

I'm not sure when rushing the field started, but I know this

Jun 24, 2020, 5:31 PM

back in the late 50's - early 60's if you didn't rush the field, you never had an opportunity to get a chinstrap from a football player. So as soon as the gun sounded, and sometimes before, all the kids in the neighbor would haul their derriere across the field to attain the glory of a sweaty chinstrap!

Jun 24, 2020, 6:09 PM

Going onto the field and being around the players during a pandemic would be the stupidest thing in the world to do.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,672
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic