Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rupp Arena being attacked by UK faculty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Rupp Arena being attacked by UK faculty

Jul 23, 2020, 8:12 PM

And on it goes!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rupp Arena being attacked by UK faculty

Jul 23, 2020, 8:31 PM

Are they confusing Adolph Rupp with the other Adolph?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was Adolf***

Jul 23, 2020, 8:51 PM

Adolf Hitlor Knotts-Zee Rupp.

Jul 23, 2020, 9:52 PM

Completely different and in no way associated to that monster over in Germany.

~JKB

Jul 23, 2020, 8:40 PM

The faculty of the University of Kentucky's African American and Africana Studies program has asked UK president Eli Capilouto to change the name of Rupp Arena because the legendary basketball coach's name "has come to stand for racism and exclusion" and "alienates Black students, fans, and attendees."

In a letter to Capilouto on Thursday, the African American and Africana Studies program faculty outlined additional steps it wanted Kentucky to take to eradicate racism on campus.

In addition to removing Rupp's name from the UK basketball arena in downtown Lexington, the faculty requested that names of "enslavers, Confederate sympathizers, and other white supremacists" be removed from campus buildings as well.

UK should tell them to go stick it up their butts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rupp Arena has certainly not hurt recruiting***

Jul 23, 2020, 8:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat me to it***

Jul 23, 2020, 8:57 PM

Jul 23, 2020, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Rupp Arena being attacked by UK faculty ]

More BS. We have to stop giving in and grow a pair and put back some of the monuments and statues torn down during riots.

If some of you folks don’t think we are at war start watching some of the videos. IMO liberals and democrats are behind these riots. It’s away to get President Trump and other Republicans out of office.

It’s time to start fighting back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2020, 5:46 AM

I think the riots help Trump. How would nutty liberals rioting in Portland hurt Trump's chances of being elected again?

Jul 23, 2020, 8:58 PM

Adolph Rupp. The coach who integrated Kentucky basketball. Makes sense to vilify him, right? Would be stupid to honor the guy who recruited the first Black basketball player to the university. (Insert emoticon here.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 9:12 PM

Faculty of the African American studies program. I have lots of thoughts. Maybe I better just say bless their hearts.

Jul 23, 2020, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Rupp Arena being attacked by UK faculty ]

I didnt know that but the arena and program he built sure created opportunities for many millionaires. Many of them are black.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2020, 5:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Rupp Arena being attacked by UK faculty ]

He did it because his all white team got beat by an all black starting team of Texas Western. He wanted to remain competitive. Rupp refused to allow black players on his team for years. That said, I oppose the nutcases that want to take his name off the arena.

Garbage!

Jul 23, 2020, 9:15 PM

This garbage has spread.

This great country has worked and achieved so much in terms of equality for all, but now some people are trying to undo all that.

What did the faculty of the White American Studies

Jul 23, 2020, 11:04 PM

program have to say about this?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What did the faculty of the White American Studies

Jul 24, 2020, 5:38 AM

Boom!! Good point.

White American get 11 months of history

Jul 24, 2020, 5:43 AM

Black Americans are only worthy of one month according to the woke.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic