Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Running QB’s
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Running QB’s

Sep 16, 2018, 9:44 AM

I appreciate the threat of a running QB. KB is a legitimate threat to take it to the house when he gets in space.

However these QB’s get hurt. All of them. Period. In the NFL, they avoid this like the plague because of their investment. In college? Not so much because the next kid along with the first kid is free. Cynical? Yup.

I love KB but as we saw yesterday and will certainly be an issue with a secondary like Bama’s roaming around, rushing the football is dangerous. It’s why we have 4-5 RB’s. You can’t have 4-5 qb’s.

Possibly another reason to consider TL as the best option.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running QB’s

Sep 16, 2018, 9:48 AM

Who cares about the NFL. This is college and if your QB can’t run you are doomed

Sep 16, 2018, 10:18 AM

Our QB's nor our RB's for that matter will be able to run it if we meet Bama.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Running QB’s ]

armsb said:

Who cares about the NFL. This is college and if your QB can’t run you are doomed

armsb said:

I don’t “care” about nor do I watch the NFL. However, in our world money drives decisions. When real money is in the line (NFL) the increased risk in injury and loss suffered when your starting QB gets roughed up is avoided by NOT having a running QB.

Perhaps I should have differentiated between a “mobile” QB and a “running” QB. A “mobile” QB can run and make plays with his legs but is pass first. That’s a strategic advantage that mitigates the risk.

KB is a running QB = run first mentality, elevated risk of injury.

Mobile QB’s = Watson, looks like Tua at Bama is mobile, pretty sure TL fits this bill.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic